Thai Passport & American Passport

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum but I am in a bit of a conundrum.

I have both a Thai passport and an American passport (due to being half Thai half American). Currently I live in the United States but at the end of May 2014 I will be moving back to Thailand.

Now here is the question:

Originally I wanted to enter Thailand using my Thai passport (so that I can stay as long as I want) and whenever I go back to the US to visit family/friends I would use my American passport. However, someone told me that if I did that, I would not be able to enter the US because they would not have a record of me visiting anywhere (due to me using my Thai passport). This would force me to have to use US passport when entering Thailand and have to get a visa.

I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered this situation before. Am I able to use my Thai passport when entering Thailand and US passport when going back to the US?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Regards,

Andy

US immigration does not look for entry/departure stamps for another country when entering the US. The info you got is absolutely false.

When you leave the US show both your passports at check in for your flight The US passport to show you are legally in the US and the Thai passport to show you don't need a visa.

When entering Thailand show only your Thai passport. Hide your US passport and absolutely do not show it to immigration.

When departing Thailand show both passports at check in for your flight. The Thai to show you are here legally in the country and the US to prove you do not need a visa for there. Then only the Thai passport to departure immigration. Then only your US passport on entry there.

• Like 1

Yeap, my wife is a Thai and U.S. citizen and goes back and forth between the U.S. and Thailand. Show only your Thai passport to Thai immigration and show only your U.S. passport to U.S. immigration...wife's being doing it for years....it's OK to show airlines check-in "both" passports to prove you don't need a visa to go to either country since you are a citizen of that country.