Brisbane dad hired underage girl for son in Thailand

chooka

The real question here is:

Did the dad knowingly hire an underage girl or did he hire a girl who turned out to be under age?

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

Ignorance is no defence, not that stops people celebrating their ignorance...

It doesn't stop a politician from running for office!

They're not the ones promoting kiddie fiddling are they?

Seems to me that people on this thread have been burned by divorce proceedings and spewing their angst out on this decision.

Clearly the dad saying "don't tell your mum" doesn't give a hint that he knew he was doing something wrong - and yet they rush to his defence.

Edited by samran

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@tezzainoz Post 45. The thing is he was charged and prosected under Australian laws by Australian police. The facts were reviewed and he has been judged and found guilty. Under Australian law a child is a person under 16.

Again you have not supplied any facts to base you here say statement

If he pleaded guilty to get a lessor sentence, which I believe is the correct fact, then there was no facts and no trail

he would have not been found guilty but had admitted to guilty to get a more lenient sentence

I do not know the full facts and neither do you, so please do not judge untill you know the full truth

Did the dad knowingly hire an underage girl or did he hire a girl who turned out to be under age?

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

No difference under Australian law. I have personally charged an offender for sex pen of a minor. The girl originally told the guy she was 17 but it was later revealed that she was 15. He was found guilty and received a suspended sentence and placed on the sex offenders register.

Please give all the facts you left out

where you also underage at the time or an adult who should have known better

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

No difference under Australian law. I have personally charged an offender for sex pen of a minor. The girl originally told the guy she was 17 but it was later revealed that she was 15. He was found guilty and received a suspended sentence and placed on the sex offenders register.

The guy was 18, do you want his full name and address, and contact number also, sorry I don't have them

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl -

Anyone who thinks that there is anything defensible about this story, well is a sick, sick puppy.

The defensible part is the "underage girl".

Absolutely no evidence of her age at all, nor can I see any way of finding her age.

Seems unlikely she was under the age of 16 (Australian law).

But may have been she was under the age of 20 (Thai law for prostitution).

But I guess the story sounds worse if they say "underage girl".

• Like 2

You do not live in the real world

Have you any idea the amount of peer pressure on a boy of 13 gets

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

The pressure on you teenagers to have sex when they become teenagers is massive

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand

And how exactly does dad hiring a prostitute for his 13 year old son help.

The real world I live in, regards such acts in themselves as child abuse. I'm glad I don't live in your real world and I'm glad that my teenage son does not either.

It never ceases to amaze me how many foreigners in Thailand leave their brains and moral compass a the airport on the way in.

• Like 1

The guy was 18, do you want his full name and address, and contact number also, sorry I don't have them

No but if he was 18 this case has nothing in common with an underage boy having sex with an under age girl

a fact that some posters are refering to

He was of legal age, so there for it was a crime

Even if the girl where not under the legal age of consent, the son was.

What kind of a moron is this guy that he hires a prostitute for his 13 year old son?

The mind boggles.

I'm not sure who the biggest moron is, the father or the TV posters trying to justify his actions.

A new low today in TV posting.

I absolutely agree with you.

The actions of the father were illegal in both Thailand and Australia, they abused both the girl and his own son.

Over the years I have read some disgraceful posts on TVF, the posts defending the father's actions are as low as any I've read.

They are defending and justifying actions which without any doubt are illegal.

Thaivisa members defending the prostitution of a child.

How sick does it need to get?!

• Like 1

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand

Oh I shed a tear... I do not live in the real world....

Forgetting the fact, that I was a boy once. I happened to be 13 once. Went to an all boys school even. Plenty of pressure.Forget the fact that despite all the bragging, when it all came out, most kids I finished high school with were still virgins.

Dad would have done his son a favor in teaching how to deal and stand up to this crap. Not placate it and set him up for the incorrect expectation that women are there to be bought.

But that is where you and I differ.

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl - so long as the 'partner' is underage too. Forget the fact that she's probably there against her will.

And that is on top of everything else that is wrong with the story.

Anyone who thinks that there is anything defensible about this story, well is a sick, sick puppy.

For your own ego you have twisted every things that has been said

No one has said what was done was correct or right

Just

as we do not know all the facts we should not judge

but of course you believe ever thing you read in the paper is gospel truth so in your mind

Guilty because the paper said so

Now who is the sick puppy

What kind of a moron is this guy that he hires a prostitute for his 13 year old son?

The mind boggles.

I'm not sure who the biggest moron is, the father or the TV posters trying to justify his actions.

The actions of the father were illegal in both Thailand and Australia, they abused both the girl and his own son.

Over the years I have read some disgraceful posts on TVF, the posts defending the father's actions are as low as any I've read.

I have not seen any posting where this is said, in fact myself and others have said if all the facts are correct he deserves 2 times what he got

what you have decided nit to read is the fact that the full facts are no know so he should not be judged on a editorial opinion

again how sick does it get to judge with out knowing all the facts

Edited by tezzainoz

The Boy was 13 the girl was of legal age! on holidays his dad organized a fun night for his son! it seems it is illegal to do such things under the child sex exploitation laws in Australia..is he bad man for doing this.. I wish my dad could of arranged something like that for me when I was a lad and on holidays, but sadly going camping on the river bank there was not many girls around. and besides he is innocent because prostitution is illegal in Thailand!

Oh I shed a tear... I do not live in the real world....

Forgetting the fact, that I was a boy once. I happened to be 13 once. Went to an all boys school even. Plenty of pressure.Forget the fact that despite all the bragging, when it all came out, most kids I finished high school with were still virgins.

Dad would have done his son a favor in teaching how to deal and stand up to this crap. Not placate it and set him up for the incorrect expectation that women are there to be bought.

But that is where you and I differ.

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl - so long as the 'partner' is underage too. Forget the fact that she's probably there against her will.

And that is on top of everything else that is wrong with the story.

For your own ego you have twisted every things that has been said

No one has said what was done was correct or right

Just

as we do not know all the facts we should not judge

but of course you believe ever thing you read in the paper is gospel truth so in your mind

Guilty because the paper said so

Now who is the sick puppy

backtracking and digging at the same time.

How DO you do it?

• Like 1

The Australian judge didn't seem to think it was a major (or sick) offense!

$2000 fine and 24 months suspended sentence.

"Judge Shanahan sentenced the man to 12 months jail but released him on a $2000, two-year good behaviour bond."

Actually, that isn't even a fine, I believe he gets the bond back after two years if not naughty again.

You can get worse than that for speeding.

Edited by BritManToo

The Boy was 13 the girl was of legal age! on holidays his dad organized a fun night for his son! it seems it is illegal to do such things under the child sex exploitation laws in Australia..is he bad man for doing this.. I wish my dad could of arranged something like that for me when I was a lad and on holidays, but sadly going camping on the river bank there was not many girls around. and besides he is innocent because prostitution is illegal in Thailand!

The OP would indicate the girl was not of legal age. Under Australian law I am informed that means she was under 16.

• Like 2

The mind boggles.

Some on here say that he pleaded guilty to get a lesser sentence and this I find very hard to believe. Being placed on the sex offenders register for life, your name carved in stone alongside an extended list of pedophiles who also procured the services of children is not a light sentence. Any good lawyer would fight tooth and nail to keep their clients of this list and if there was the slightest hint of reasonable doubt then a not guilty plea would have been entered. He will be known until the day he dies as a sex offender.

Yes it is mandatory in Australia that all persons convicted of such an offence are recorded on the national data base and the courts have no power to prevent it. The guy will be extremely hampered when applying for work.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Its not right.

It does not say the girl was underage, in fact highly unlikely he went out and sought an underage inexperienced girl for him.

But the father is a goose....however much worse things happening out there everyday.

And as for the father forcing the son, doubt the boy was forced into an erection......just sayin.

But not the kind of thing a father does for his kids unless he is from Deliverance country in America...or Tasmania perhaps.

• Like 1

Let's face it, underage boy of 13, Dad paying a hooker for sex - how can anyone justify that?

Badly it seems..

Shall I take you back a few posts and point them out to you. wink.png

Yeah, sadly there are quite a few who seem to think it's ok. Dear, oh dear.

Being placed on the sex offenders register for life, your name carved in stone alongside an extended list of pedophiles who also procured the services of children is not a light sentence.

Don't see any report where it's claimed he is placed on a sex offenders list.

Can't see how you can predict that happening either, new law and him the first victim?