Brisbane dad hired underage girl for son in Thailand

chooka

Is this father who pleaded guilty to procuring a child to engage in sex overseas the grubbiest dad in Australia?

A BRISBANE dad has made legal history – convicted of hiring a prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand.

The man, who cannot be named to protect his son’s identity, is believed to be the first person charged under recently introduced child sex tourism laws aimed at stopping Australian pedophiles from preying on foreign children.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/is-this-father-who-pleaded-guilty-to-procuring-a-child-to-engage-in-sex-overseas-the-grubbiest-dad-in-australia/story-fnihsrf2-1226884249331

Brisbane dad hired underage prostitute for teenage son

The man, who cannot be named to protect his son’s identity, is believed to be the first person charged under recently introduced child sex tourism laws aimed at stopping Australian pedophiles from preying on foreign children. In a case described by the judge as “bizarre”, the father pleaded guilty to procuring a child to engage in sex outside Australia. The court heard the man, his wife and their son travelled to the resort of Koh Samui for a friend’s wedding in September

http://www.allnewsau.com/news/australian-man-hired-thai-prostitute-for-teenage-son/related

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay

Just had my question answered

From Brisbane

At no time during the court case was the girls age questioned or given

the conviction was based on the age of the son

so their was no under age sex with a Thai girl

so the discussion of him having underage sex with a Thai girl is a non issue

The girl was hired while the father was at a Thai club and she was a dancer

Now we know the truth

the father is convicted of allowing and abetting an under age male to have sex

Case Closed

Time for more serious Threads

• Like 2

Being placed on the sex offenders register for life, your name carved in stone alongside an extended list of pedophiles who also procured the services of children is not a light sentence.

Don't see any report where it's claimed he is placed on a sex offenders list.

Can't see how you can predict that happening either, new law and him the first victim?

It says this in the rest of the article you get to if you follow the link at the bottom of the OP.

Read many links, can't find it, post a quote please.

Edited by BritManToo

Okay

From Brisbane

Now we know the truth

Case Closed

From the OP.

A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand.

Okay

From Brisbane

Now we know the truth

Case Closed

Also makes this law somewhat irrelevant in this situation as he did not prey on any foreign child..

' child sex tourism laws aimed at stopping Australian pedophiles from preying on foreign children. '

• Like 1

Underage having sex with underage - I don't see a problem here, other than some money passes hands.

Would the outcome have been different if father gave his son some cash and let him loose for a night?

I know if I was 13 again and had enough cash in my pocket, I'd do just that.

Sick <deleted>

From the OP.

A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand.

The OP clearly has an agenda of his own, and has only posted sensationalized (and factually incorrect) reports on this case.

I'm thinking someone is trying to raise funds for some NGO working in Thailand.

Being placed on the sex offenders register for life, your name carved in stone alongside an extended list of pedophiles who also procured the services of children is not a light sentence.

Don't see any report where it's claimed he is placed on a sex offenders list.

Can't see how you can predict that happening either, new law and him the first victim?

It says this in the rest of the article you get to if you follow the link at the bottom of the OP.
Read many links, can't find it, post a quote please.

No. Would do but can't see it. My mistake obviously.

• Like 1

My son is 12...no way I could imagine him being ready for it next year.

However another boy in his class, same age is right into it and I could well imagine him being ready for it anytime soon....

So...everyone is different....me, I was ready at 15.....tried at 14, but did not know what to do and the older girl let me down as she never took control and raped me.......never forgive her.....

You do not live in the real world

Have you any idea the amount of peer pressure on a boy of 13 gets

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

The pressure on you teenagers to have sex when they become teenagers is massive

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand

Oh I shed a tear... I do not live in the real world....

Forgetting the fact, that I was a boy once. I happened to be 13 once. Went to an all boys school even. Plenty of pressure.Forget the fact that despite all the bragging, when it all came out, most kids I finished high school with were still virgins.

Dad would have done his son a favor in teaching how to deal and stand up to this crap. Not placate it and set him up for the incorrect expectation that women are there to be bought.

But that is where you and I differ.

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl - so long as the 'partner' is underage too. Forget the fact that she's probably there against her will.

And that is on top of everything else that is wrong with the story.

Anyone who thinks that there is anything defensible about this story, well is a sick, sick puppy.

Finally one post that says it as it is! It needed 64 posts with highly experienced but not-to-the-point TV members to read this only correct answer.

Bravo Samran, your post saved me writing about the same: NO underage prostitute in Thailand is doing it for fun, they are FORCED to work as a prostitute, and this a'hole of a father acted like a pimp, engaging two underage youngsters into paid sex. He knew it was wrong, "Don't tell your mother" is the confession of the jerk. He should have been punished way heavier, this is a laugh: 2000 $ and 2 years good behaviour!

Okay

From Brisbane

Now we know the truth

Case Closed

So you tell us.

Now give us the source so we can read for ourselves.

You do not live in the real world

Have you any idea the amount of peer pressure on a boy of 13 gets

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

The pressure on you teenagers to have sex when they become teenagers is massive

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand

Oh I shed a tear... I do not live in the real world....

Forgetting the fact, that I was a boy once. I happened to be 13 once. Went to an all boys school even. Plenty of pressure.Forget the fact that despite all the bragging, when it all came out, most kids I finished high school with were still virgins.

Dad would have done his son a favor in teaching how to deal and stand up to this crap. Not placate it and set him up for the incorrect expectation that women are there to be bought.

But that is where you and I differ.

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl - so long as the 'partner' is underage too. Forget the fact that she's probably there against her will.

And that is on top of everything else that is wrong with the story.

Anyone who thinks that there is anything defensible about this story, well is a sick, sick puppy.

Finally one post that says it as it is! It needed 64 posts with highly experienced but not-to-the-point TV members to read this only correct answer.

Bravo Samran, your post saved me writing about the same: NO underage prostitute in Thailand is doing it for fun, they are FORCED to work as a prostitute, and this a'hole of a father acted like a pimp, engaging two underage youngsters into paid sex. He knew it was wrong, "Don't tell your mother" is the confession of the jerk. He should have been punished way heavier, this is a laugh: 2000 $ and 2 years good behaviour!

Dear God....lord save us

From the OP.

The OP clearly has an agenda of his own, and has only posted sensationalized (and factually incorrect) reports on this case.

Not for me to say anything about that, but I don't see why you would say that. The story is clear and the law is what it is. He has been convicted of a crime involving the sexual exploitation of a child and if the law is followed he will be put on a register. I'm fairly sure that's what happens in the UK. Even if the original poster is trying to raise the profile of NGOs trying to stop the exploitation of children, I'm fine with that.

As we have seen from many people posting on TV, the story isn't clear (originally brought as part of a divorce settlement fight), the facts aren't clear (age of the girl can't be known), and the law isn't clear (judge was reluctant to convict as max sentence 20 years, and man only given a 2 year $2000 bond).

As for the UK, no law exists to bring such a case, so he wouldn't be on the sex offenders list their either.

Edited by BritManToo

I wonder if the BIB will now go after the person that provided the underage girl? I kinda doubt it because around where I live it is quite common for Thai guys. And no I am not Thai bashing, just stating the facts.

Living in Thailand for a while now(I am against this dont missunderstand me)however we always see things from our strong Western point of view. If it was from an average Thai point of view(from what I have seen so far and if the girl wasnt harmed)This inncident would not even been a single letter in the Newspaper or one word on the tv news. If you are a westerner travel here often or living in Thailand and what that father did sounds insaine, you have just spent your time inside the comfortable condo all time. I heard taboo things daily that never been written here or I havnt seen anybody writing about it yet. Things that 90% of The Thais knows and accept but nobody speak laud about it.

Edited by crazyguyinthailand

Quite a gift to give to a son. He now knows sex is a simple commodity available at a fairly fixed price and will never fall under the pussywhipped category. I already guessed it was either an ex-wife or some raving feminists who ratted him out.

Quite a gift to give to a son. He now knows sex is a simple commodity available at a fairly fixed price and will never fall under the pussywhipped category. I already guessed it was either an ex-wife or some raving feminists who ratted him out.

An underage girl was sold for sex. I think that is something that we should all rave about.

Edited by Bluespunk

The real question here is:

Did the dad knowingly hire an underage girl or did he hire a girl who turned out to be under age?

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

Ignorance is no defence, not that stops people celebrating their ignorance...

They're not the ones promoting kiddie fiddling are they?

Seems to me that people on this thread have been burned by divorce proceedings and spewing their angst out on this decision.

Clearly the dad saying "don't tell your mum" doesn't give a hint that he knew he was doing something wrong - and yet they rush to his defence.

I am not justifying the man's actions, only criticising the sloppy reporting.

While he never did, If my father took me to a brothel in Detroit when I was 14 to pop my cherry with some over-the-hill hooker, I imagine that the first thing out of his mouth would be "Don't tell your mother!"

Oh - and don't jump to conclusions; I have never been divorced.

An underage girl was sold for sex. I think that is something that we should all rave about.

Can't find that in the article, I'm afraid. They were at Koh Samui, which is a higher end destination. My bet is he got the idea while having a beer in a beer bar (would venture as far as to guess the venue was near the Reggae Bar) and bar fined one of the girls working there. The underage paragraph in the article is most probably due to him being 13. I find it a bit unlikely the dad scoured the island in search of the bamboo huts locals use.

• Like 1

From the OP.

Not for me to say anything about that, but I don't see why you would say that. The story is clear and the law is what it is. He has been convicted of a crime involving the sexual exploitation of a child and if the law is followed he will be put on a register. I'm fairly sure that's what happens in the UK. Even if the original poster is trying to raise the profile of NGOs trying to stop the exploitation of children, I'm fine with that.

The thought of NGO's never even crossed my mind when I posted the story in the general forum. I saw that it involved Thailand and thought others may be interested. Definitely no personal agenda as I am in no way affiliated to any NGO. Admin then moved the story into the Thai News Forum.

As for the sex offenders register this guy will definitely be listed as it is mandatory in Australia and especially as the sex offence for which he was convicted involved a minor. Yes the courts were satisfied beyond all reasonable doubt that the prostitute was under 16. When the briefs are returned to the stations after court the informant then inspects the conviction sheet attached and checks the sex offenders data base to ensure the offender is recorded. I have done this numerous times for things such minor sexual assaults (tapping someone on the butt) to pedophilles. Australia takes the protection of children very seriously and if you applied for a job where children may be then you 1st must have a working with children check conducted and this is where the sex offenders register and criminal data bases are used.

• Like 1

That's one cool dad

Cool? What would a 13 year old girl know about sex? He should've hired someone with more experience to show the kid the ropes. Not that I'm condoning prostitution. I wish Thailand and it's mongers were free of it. How much more pleasant it would be smile.png

It does not say how old the girl was, she could have been 17 years 11 months old for all we know.

sex with a girl under 21 is illegal only if she is getting paid for it

so with this fact she could have been 20 years old

we have no idea of the truth or any facts

Sorry, which country are you referring too?

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand (yes, I know) whereas I believe it is legal in Australia, or at least some parts e.g. Perth.

He is an Australian citizen charged with breaking and Australian law, and tried and convicted in an Australian court. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that they would apply Australian laws. What is the age for legal sex with a prostitute in Australia? If 21 then charges could have been brought if the girl was younger then 21. I would imagine there are quite a few Thai working ladies in the age bracket just before 21.

Okay

From Brisbane

Now we know the truth

Case Closed

So you tell us.

Now give us the source so we can read for ourselves.

burden of proof is only appropriate for others on this thread. Not the courts (clearly the judge was a biased femo-nazi who would have jailed him cause he is a man), and certainly not himself.

• Like 1

From the OP.

The thought of NGO's never even crossed my mind when I posted the story in the general forum. I saw that it involved Thailand and thought others may be interested. Definitely no personal agenda as I am in no way affiliated to any NGO. Admin then moved the story into the Thai News Forum.

As for the sex offenders register this guy will definitely be listed as it is mandatory in Australia and especially as the sex offence for which he was convicted involved a minor. Yes the courts were satisfied beyond all reasonable doubt that the prostitute was under 16. When the briefs are returned to the stations after court the informant then inspects the conviction sheet attached and checks the sex offenders data base to ensure the offender is recorded. I have done this numerous times for things such minor sexual assaults (tapping someone on the butt) to pedophilles. Australia takes the protection of children very seriously and if you applied for a job where children may be then you 1st must have a working with children check conducted and this is where the sex offenders register and criminal data bases are used.

It's an interesting case, and pertinent to the modern societies in which we live. So as a parent, thank you for posting this Chooka.

Do you know for a fact the age of the prostitute? If the age of consent is for sex is 16, is the age for being allowed to work legally as a prostitute different in Australia? I'm not sure if prostitution is legal across all Australian states and if it's governed by state of federal laws.