Brisbane dad hired underage girl for son in Thailand

chooka

Underage having sex with underage - I don't see a problem here, other than some money passes hands.

Would the outcome have been different if father gave his son some cash and let him loose for a night?

I know if I was 13 again and had enough cash in my pocket, I'd do just that.

Father, in a position of authority over a child more or less forced his son to have sex.

You clearly have no ability however to see how that can possibly be wrong. I hope you don't have kids.

I'm sorry I failed to see where it says he forced anyone to do anything?

To tell his son he didn't want him to come back as a virgin, sounds like an offer not an order, to me anyways, your opinion may differ and I don't argue with it.

No I don't have kids (yet), but I'm working on it.

Don't work to hard on it please.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Underage having sex with underage - I don't see a problem here, other than some money passes hands.

Would the outcome have been different if father gave his son some cash and let him loose for a night?

Father, in a position of authority over a child more or less forced his son to have sex.

You clearly have no ability however to see how that can possibly be wrong. I hope you don't have kids.

To tell his son he didn't want him to come back as a virgin, sounds like an offer not an order, to me anyways, your opinion may differ and I don't argue with it.

Don't work to hard on it please.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Care to elaborate?

He has paid a heavy cost for getting his son laid. He is now a registered sex offender a black mark that will stay with him and he will find it hard to get work as most companies now ask for police clearances.

That's one cool dad

Cool? What would a 13 year old girl know about sex? He should've hired someone with more experience to show the kid the ropes. Not that I'm condoning prostitution. I wish Thailand and it's mongers were free of it. How much more pleasant it would be smile.png

It does not say how old the girl was, she could have been 17 years 11 months old for all we know.

He was charged under Australian child sex tourism laws.

The father later pleaded guilty to procuring a child to engage in sex outside Australia.

This will mean that the Child prostitute he paid to entertain his son was under 16 years of age. The age of consent in Australia is 16.

I think the purpose of the OP was not to pass judgement on the child or father - that is the job of the courts and they have do that.

The real value of the OP was to clearly say to any Australian that there are laws, that there is the intention to apply those laws and the law has had effect - break them and live with the consequences.

• Like 1

It has got to do with his son being underage not the girl.

Suggest you re-read the article.

"A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand."

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

1st I am not saying if what happened is true, was right, in fact if she was underage I totally agree

but when you say the a father allowing his young son to experienece what he sees in 95 percent of all music videos

Forced his son to have sex

You must live in a clinical room somewhere

Or you are just another Keyboard warrior

The facts are the kid will by now be the most popular kid in school and his dad a hero

post-13618-0-14752800-1397530942_thumb.p

Edited by tezzainoz

That's one cool dad

Since you only made that comment to get a bite, I will bite;

You are one sick puppy if you think it's cool to hire underage girls.

Cannot work out is he was charged with helping his underage son have sex or getting an under age son to have axe with an under age girl

From what I remember this story has been going on for a while and they were trying to trace the sex worker for having a ex with a minor but I might be wrong as long time ago

By the way when I say minor I mean child not a worker that works in mines )

That's one cool dad

no, that's one preverted S.O.B.! i wonder what would have happened if the Thai Police had arrested his low life son and put him in the bangkok slammer! would the father have taken responsibility or ran off the austrailia like a coward?

another keyboard warrior

If the girl had been over the legal age (which their is no facts to say Yes or No)

why would the Thai police be worried

The police I know would have cheered him on

right or wrong, time many of you lived in the real world, this is Thailand

Having sex with an undersage girl is illegal in Thailand

a Young male having sex of his own free will is common and accepted

That's one cool dad

Cool? What would a 13 year old girl know about sex? He should've hired someone with more experience to show the kid the ropes. Not that I'm condoning prostitution. I wish Thailand and it's mongers were free of it. How much more pleasant it would be smile.png

It does not say how old the girl was, she could have been 17 years 11 months old for all we know.

sex with a girl under 21 is illegal only if she is getting paid for it

so with this fact she could have been 20 years old

we have no idea of the truth or any facts

"A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand."

Underage = 21 to have sex for money

1st I am not saying if what happened is true, was right, in fact if she was underage I totally agree

but when you say the a father allowing his young son to experienece what he sees in 95 percent of all music videos

The facts are the kid will by now be the most popular kid in school and his dad a hero

I'm actually a parent. I parent in the real world too. Kids will do most things parents ask of them given the authority parents hold over them. What the dad did is simply an abuse of his authority and he deserves to be punished for it. I'm suprised he got off with a 12 month good behaviour bond. Procuring a child for sex is sick. Forcing your kid to be an accomplis to it is sicker.

Despite your protestations by trying to demean people by implying that they are in some sort of ivory tower - the father is an idiot. But then again, I don't view the world through bogan glasses, so you may chose to call me out of touch.

• Like 1

@tezzainoz Post 45. The thing is he was charged and prosected under Australian laws by Australian police. The facts were reviewed and he has been judged and found guilty. Under Australian law a child is a person under 16.

• Like 1

He got an impulsive idea, while drunk, that involved his 13 yr old kid, that require him to keep it from his wife (maybe because she was sober and rational? blink.png )

There is so much wrong with this story its not worth contemplating. Just another example of a knuckle head doing a stupid thing while drunk. and this is before looking at the moral, legal and cultural issues.

What a dumbass.facepalm.gif

• Like 2

I'm actually a parent. I parent in the real world too. Kids will do most things parents ask of them given the authority parents hold over them. What the dad did is simply an abuse of his authority and he deserves to be punished for it. I'm suprised he got off with a 12 month good behaviour bond. Procuring a child for sex is sick. Forcing your kid to be an accomplis to it is sicker.

Despite your protestations by trying to demean people by implying that they are in some sort of ivory tower - the father is an idiot. But then again, I don't view the world through bogan glasses, so you may chose to call me out of touch.

and I guess you stop you kids from watching anything on tv that would make them get horny

under your logic if they do then you are a bad father

I am not saying I agree with the new world and the explortation of sexual feelings of young teenagers

But I have to live in the real world, this is done with the consent of governments all over the world

Not in La La land

• Like 1

The real question here is:

Did the dad knowingly hire an underage girl or did he hire a girl who turned out to be under age?

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

No difference under Australian law. I have personally charged an offender for sex pen of a minor. The girl originally told the guy she was 17 but it was later revealed that she was 15. He was found guilty and received a suspended sentence and placed on the sex offenders register.

• Like 1

Did the dad knowingly hire an underage girl or did he hire a girl who turned out to be under age?

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

ingnorance is no defence, not that stops people celebrating their ignorance...

• Like 1

There is no way they have any idea of how old the prostitute was, this guy is being railroaded. It is unlikely that any random hooker he picked up in Samui was underage, and neither he nor the Australian court would have any way of knowing anyway unless there was a complaint on the Thai side of things.

Nice to see some TVF can still use their brain

This is my argument

Do not judge until you know all the facts

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Underage = 21 to have sex for money

hmmm that's getting on a bit! but anyway.....Luckily prostitution and the sex industry does not exist here in Thailand (well according to them)

and I guess you stop you kids from watching anything on tv that would make them get horny

under your logic if they do then you are a bad father

I am not saying I agree with the new world and the explortation of sexual feelings of young teenagers

But I have to live in the real world, this is done with the consent of governments all over the world

Not in La La land

one for logical arguments I see. Talk about cracking open a nut with a sledgehammer.

Lets see son - got a stiffy? Here - I know I'm pissed as a newt, and shouldn't be in charge of a vehicle or making decisions under the influence anyway (not that alcohol has ever stopped me making dumb decisions), but I'll go out and buy you girl who says she is 21 - but looks closer to 13. I won't care that she is there probably against her will either. So no duty of care there for me. I'll ignore the fact that it is illegal back home in Australia, and I'm making you an accomplice to a crime.

Yep - father of the year award for me...

Edited by samran

So what is the legal age to become a prostitute in Australia?

Edited by noodle

There is no way they have any idea of how old the prostitute was, this guy is being railroaded. It is unlikely that any random hooker he picked up in Samui was underage, and neither he nor the Australian court would have any way of knowing anyway unless there was a complaint on the Thai side of things.

Nice to see some TVF can still use their brain

This is my argument

Do not judge until you know all the facts

Clearly a court isn't good enough for you.

Yep, lets leave it to the mob to decide. Better informed and all.

• Like 2

Being drunk doesn't excuse him at all, but instead of putting him at the bottom of the barrel, I will simply hope for a long prison sentence and decades of misery. I hope he gets fired from his job, divorced, can't see his kid for decades, and stays in a BKK jail. Exploiting children is no joking matter.

He was actually convicted in Australia under Australian laws so I doubt he will spend anytime in the BKK Hilton.

Chooka, seems you have just admitted to being an ex-Australian cop.... you just lost all credence you had on Thai-visa... The most corrupt police force in the Western world...... especially the Victorian lot.. ! Shame on you..!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Big difference.

Yes

Big difference

No difference under Australian law. I have personally charged an offender for sex pen of a minor. The girl originally told the guy she was 17 but it was later revealed that she was 15. He was found guilty and received a suspended sentence and placed on the sex offenders register.

So honest mistakes have no bearing on Australian law? Then Australia doesn't need judges, jurors or lawyers; all they need is a robot programed with all the rules to hand out the sentences.

And no, I am not saying that the above example was an honest mistake but I do wonder why the reporter didn't address the issue?

Being drunk doesn't excuse him at all, but instead of putting him at the bottom of the barrel, I will simply hope for a long prison sentence and decades of misery. I hope he gets fired from his job, divorced, can't see his kid for decades, and stays in a BKK jail. Exploiting children is no joking matter.

$2000 fine and 2 year suspended sentence.

The offense was only reported by the guys wife, way after the event, trying to enhance her divorce deal winnings.

Father was clearly wrong to encourage his 13 year old son to have sex, paid or unpaid.

Age of girl was unknowable, I suspect reporting at fault here, unless she was presented as a witness in court.

Mother an evil cow to use such a thing as ammunition to get as much as she can in divorce.

Luckily the judge in the case seemed to use a bit of common sense.

Sad for the family, another vicious divorce where nobody really wins, least of all the children.

PS

When my son was 15, he wanted to have sex with his then 16 year old girlfriend (this happened in the UK).

As it was against the UK law, we stopped it from happening, they both agreed to wait until he was 16.

When he was 16 (and she was 16) we allowed them to sleep over, with her parents informed consent.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

You do not live in the real world

Have you any idea the amount of peer pressure on a boy of 13 gets

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

The pressure on you teenagers to have sex when they become teenagers is massive

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand