Ant killer that works.

Crossy

After many months battling the little black beasties that get in the electrics (and bite like the devil) we finally found an ant killer that they seem to like.

post-14979-0-17820500-1397633591_thumb.j post-14979-0-20178500-1397633589_thumb.j

They love the stuff, coming back for more.

Then they stop coming smile.png

• Like 2

It sounds trite but the stuff in the picture is available at most hardware, pot and pan shops or market stalls. For those who simply drive from their house to the mall. I have no idea where you'll get it from.

+1 VocalNeal, the one place I've not seen it is in any of the chain stores.

Tesco have literally dozens of types of ant killing stuff, none of which works for our particular brand of beasties.

Have you ever tried this brand?

post-62796-0-07463500-1397640983_thumb.j

Works for me every time. Think your supposed to dilute it with water, but i just use it neat. Costs less than 100baht for a 500gram box. I've always been able to find it in well stocked gardening shops.

When used outside i wash away with a hose, when used indoors i use the hoover. Not sure how safe it is if you've got children or pets?

If any beasties are outside I let them go about their business, but if they want to enter my domain then they are fair game.

I use the Chaindrite spray, comes with a long metal tube, spray all around the base of the house, door and window frames, cable and water inlets/outlets. Once dry, rain does not affect it and even though the company say it is good for 6 weeks protection, I have known it to last much much longer.

80 Baht a tin and I've seen it in every builders merchants I have been to.

Haven't lost a child or family pet yet either.

There are several topics on this subject around TV.... the best solution I have found is mixing some Borax with sugar (equal amounts) and water and set out traps... I have been virtually ant free since I did this back in November ,.... The ants take it back to the nest and kill the whole colony... thumbsup.gifSome will say Boron .... but they both work!

SAM_0982.JPG

This was my first try November 23 last year~ ! they came running but soon disappeared.... give it three days! wink.png

SAM_0989.JPG

I know see the occasional ant and just put down a bit more solution! thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

There are several topics on this subject around TV.... the best solution I have found is mixing some Borax with sugar (equal amounts) and water and set out traps... I have been virtually ant free since I did this back in November ,.... The ants take it back to the nest and kill the whole colony... thumbsup.gifSome will say Boron .... but they both work!

SAM_0982.JPG

This was my first try November 23 last year~ ! they came running but soon disappeared.... give it three days! wink.png

SAM_0989.JPG

I know see the occasional ant and just put down a bit more solution! thumbsup.gif

I tried to find this stuff. I took a photo with me but no one knew where to find it.

Where do you buy it? What type of store is it?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

SAM_0982.JPG

I tried to find this stuff. I took a photo with me but no one knew where to find it.

Where do you buy it? What type of store is it?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It can be a real search, it seems depends on where you are..... Some members up north in rural areas, I think, seem to find it in Agricultural stores.....(Cheap, agricultural grade which still works) Borax is a trace element used for certain applications in the soil... perhaps same areas are deficient and is why easier to find in some areas ???

I finally got the box posted above brought in by a small local Pharmacy on Samui... she had it brought in... That took me 5 years to find and finally get! So sorry to say, I cannot give a good answer as to where to find... it depends on where you are in Thailand .... sad.png

Since, I've had some one from north America bring in a 2 kg box ... that should last years! thumbsup.gif

I have tried those powders, pictured above, they are available at Tesco etc, they don't last as long, I really don't know why....

Some where on one of the forums here, someone posted a picture of a Boron package, do a forum search, to see if you can find, that will give you the Thai name for Boron, which also works...

Ignore the post about just using straight sugar... blink.pngcoffee1.gif

Good luck with the search...wink.png

Perhaps if you or someone can read Thai, try phoning the telephone number on the box I pictured, and see if you can get it direct!

Borax - 2 tablespoons, Sugar - 1/2 cup, mix with warm water.

Soak cotton balls in solution, place in water bottle plastic caps.

Up in trees, anywhere.

Child and pet safe.

• Like 1

Yes that's the stuff you needed thumbsup.gif

Around our house it kept the little sods away for about a year ... in fact the big ones outside haven't returned yet. These little ones do tend to return in less time. Spill anything sweet and they are there. But not for sometime after this treatment.

It works by being taken back to the nest and then spreads and spreads throughout the colonies. In the picture madam has put some powder down and then some syrup on top ... in a couple of days we will not see any ants for quite a while.

post-17329-0-68420100-1399258843_thumb.j

You don't have to be too careful about ingesting it yourself BUT don't spread it on your toast, best not to ingest at all though!!

• 6 months later...