Gun crimes plague last day of Songkran

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Let's be fair that sort of thing happens all over the world.

From gun and knife play to the so called coward punch aka king hit!

Most cases are alcohol fuelled.

Just as many shot dead or king hit in Sydney, Australia, for the week

To be political correct now its called a "cowards punch".

"looked at each other" in an aggressive way...exchanged glances with each other,

The dreaded look...definitely they deserve to die for such a crime and atrocity...

This is Thailand...

Since when are 29 year old's classed as teenagers?

The fight left one teenager dead and 3 others injured. The deceased was identified as Mr. Jack Yangthaworn, 29.

They are using the 'mentality scale'. It goes up to 40 years old for males and 35-50 for females - give or take.

• Like 1

the real problem is : those people did not drink enough ,because they could still aim straight !

Also the one who drank and later drove home ,again ...it is velly danjelous to dlink not enough !

If jou dlink enougf jou can not dlive nor shooot anymole ...wich is velly save !coffee1.gif

I live 30 meters from the BKK incident. Altho the shooting happened near Soi 25 the incident started at Soi 10, where the residents of Soi 10 where clustered at the beginning of the soi. Basically it was soi 10 mafia squaring off against soi 12 mafia. They fought at the soi then chased the man down on motorcycles. An AK47, a 9mm and a machine pistol were used. The street was littered with shell casings and I even saw a live 9mm shell. They partied hard and aggressively all three days at the soi entrance. Lots of young kids barely 10 yrs old with experience well beyond their years.

I was meters from the soi for most of the last 2 days. I felt like having a rest at 6pm so I went home. Lo and behold within the hour the situation occurred. I thank full my Lord led me away from this impending encounter.

Last year a young girl 14 was killed by a stray bullet in soi 29. Sad and stupid alcohol fueled bravado for some.

SGH-I337 abusing Tapatalk Pro

you can count on it: there is always this silly remark if there is reporting of people being murdered in Thailand for no (little, stupid) reasons:

"Let's be fair that sort of thing happens all over the world."

BULLSHIT

This may happen in Australia (I do not know), in the USA,in Columbia, In Afghanistan, In South Africa ...

But NOT everywhere. In my home country, it is very rare people are walking around with fire-arms! That is one major reasons for not using them that much.

In countries like Thailand, USA and... , where it is widely accepted that people are armed, the rate of murdering is extremely high !

Edited by dieter1

Three caught over Songkran shooting
The Nation

30231587-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have apprehended three men of the seven suspects sought on arrest warrants approved by the criminal court for their alleged involvement in Tuesday's shooting in the Soi Intamara 25 area.

The shooting between the two rival groups while they were splashing water in a Songkran celebration, resulted in the death of Jack Yangthavorn and serious injury to Saran Sabfukiat.

Police reportedly collected about 40 spent shells from shotguns, and 9mm and M16 firearms at the scene.

The three in police custody were Chaichana Wiriyabud, 20, Tum Mekhalai, 27 and Sompong Phrom-ngam, 36.

While the two former men where summoned, Sompong turned himself in to police |and all of them maintained |their innocence, claiming they were playing with water at the scene, but didn't shoot the victims.

Police were now hunting for the remaining four suspects.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-17

"Witnesses said the brawl started after the teenagers, some of whom were drunk at the time, "looked at each other" in an aggressive way."

Aggressive way? I thought this is the land of smiles and kindness.

Land of Smiles should be confined to the opera house, where it started.

Goodness knows how Thailand got the label.

Let's be fair that sort of thing happens all over the world.

From gun and knife play to the so called coward punch aka king hit!

Most cases are alcohol fuelled.

This is true. People seem to assume that because it is a tropical paradise where people come for holidays to relax, that it should somehow not have the insane random violence that we see in all the modern industrial western nations. My friend Adam was left almost dead in an attack in North England, age 19, it was New Year's Eve and he was walking home quietly in the city centre after having had a few drinks. He saw a guy on the other side of the street, said "Happy New Year, mate!" with a big friendly smile, and the guy immediately ran across the road and beat Adam to a pulp, and smashed his head in with a brick. And that was just for saying "Happy New Year, mate" and being friendly. And that is not an isolated incident at all, it is just an example I remember because it was so stupid and needless. When I grew up in North England we were told to always look at our shoes when we walked up the street, never make eye-contact, because the person might take you looking at them as an insult and then they would beat you. And as you say, alcohol was usually involved.

RIP to Jack, my prayers are with his family, and with the others injured in these Songkran attacks.

It's long past time they tighten up the gun ownership laws here and implement some serious sentences for illegally owning/using guns, this side of things is just getting worse by the day with guns being used for everything now.

• Like 1

The shooting between the two rival groups while they were splashing water in a Songkran celebration, resulted in the death of Jack Yangthavorn and serious injury to Saran Sabfukiat.

Police reportedly collected about 40 spent shells from shotguns, and 9mm and M16 firearms at the scene.

Some people have to audacity to say that farangs are the main problems during songkran.

They obviously have never spent a Songkran in a Thai suburb.

"Witnesses said the brawl started after the teenagers, some of whom were drunk at the time, "looked at each other" in an aggressive way."

Aggressive way? I thought this is the land of smiles and kindness.

Land of Smiles should be confined to the opera house, where it started.

Goodness knows how Thailand got the label.

Because they all smile like lunatics, even when they're reaching for their homemade machete and homemade gun.

Land of Happiness, now that would be false advertizing.