coca cola light

sate ayam

can't get one single can anymore of coke light/(or diet coke if you prefer)

anyone knows why its not available anymore ?

yeah i know it's junk and unhealthy but so is smoking, living in cm in march, hamburgers, bb girls in asia ;)

Edited by sate ayam
  • Like 2

For a few weeks I thought there was some sort of conspiracy going on..... You absolutely could not find any new cases of Coke Light, BUT there was always to be found some plastic wrapped 6 paks of the Light..... Of course in this manner they would be getting about 30 baht more for 4 , 6 paks vs a case of 24.

However today, just 4 - 5 hours ago, at Makro on the highway there is at least one full pallet of cases of Coke Light. So hopefully the bait & switch is over

Try out at Makro on the Super

G

• Like 1

Yep, one recalls post flood coke light drought. Actually had a Diet Pepsi today. Between, DP , light and zero Coke Light is the least "sweet", and my fave. Not everyday but keep it down to one can two max.

Does anywhere have soda water or any sparking mineral water in a can? For picnic or hiking use.

IMO, Coke Zero is better and still no calories, but I still see Coke Light in some shops. Some places have it, but no Coke Zero. I am happy with either one.

It might be zero calorie but the aspartame is poisonous and it has been proven to be more fattening than normal coke!!!

Yep, one recalls post flood coke light drought. Actually had a Diet Pepsi today. Between, DP , light and zero Coke Light is the least "sweet", and my fave. Not everyday but keep it down to one can two max.

Does anywhere have soda water or any sparking mineral water in a can? For picnic or hiking use.

Tops has Shweps soda and tonic water in the can at least the one at the air port and central festival do.

IMO, Coke Zero is better and still no calories, but I still see Coke Light in some shops. Some places have it, but no Coke Zero. I am happy with either one.

It might be zero calorie but the aspartame is poisonous and it has been proven to be more fattening than normal coke!!!

If you think that either one of those things have been "proven", you better avoid loony websites in the future. They are both theories that may or may not be true, but, so far, conclusive evidence is not there.

• Like 1

If you think that either one of those things have been "proven", you better avoid loony websites in the future. They are both theories that may or may not be true, but, so far, conclusive evidence is not there.

Look up aspartame. It is approved by the Food and drug administration as being safe. They spent more time approving it than any other thing. It is the most researched item they have approved.

Mostly because of the sugar industry and rumors. It will add more weight than sugar is a new one on me.

I do not doubt for one second that some people can not have it. Some can not have Pasta but it is still OK for the general population. all kinds of perfectly good things have people who can not safely eat them. Every one has different reactions to different things we inject.

Myself I drink Pepsi Max and have lost 28 Kilos. So what does that prove nothing. It just proves that I am one of the billions who can handle aspartame.

Probably other toxins in your system are masking the effect of the aspartame.

The evidence is out there my friend - you are obviously not scientifically minded like me and haven't done the research.

To those who feel and think they will live forever by changing diet from this to that with the whims of each political "its bad for you and will kill you " statement made by those self deemed scientist say the following 3 times.

ass-part-of-me is the smartest-part-of-me>>>. 3 times

Never ceases at amaze me...... if you don't like something and YOU feel its bad for you...... DON'T eat or drink it..... but if someone else does like it , let them be not constantly preached to by the miserable I can't have it crowd..... They like it, so it makes them happy ...... if they die, they die...... while you can live miserably forever.....Happy while you're here vs the join me in the misery crowd.

To each their own.... its their life not yours........ remember Not my brothers keeper.

I also remember back in time when mayonaise was bad for you then it wasn't ......eggs bad for you today then it became ok

All this pontificating has made me thirsty...... on to a Diet Coke with a splash of Pepsi Max.

To those who feel and think they will live forever by changing diet from this to that with the whims of each political "its bad for you and will kill you " statement made by those self deemed scientist say the following 3 times.

Never ceases at amaze me...... if you don't like something and YOU feel its bad for you...... DON'T eat or drink it..... but if someone else does like it , let them be not constantly preached to by the miserable I can't have it crowd..... They like it, so it makes them happy ...... if they die, they die...... while you can live miserably forever.....Happy while you're here vs the join me in the misery crowd.

To each their own.... its their life not yours........ remember Not my brothers keeper.

I also remember back in time when mayonaise was bad for you then it wasn't ......eggs bad for you today then it became ok

All this pontificating has made me thirsty...... on to a Diet Coke with a splash of Pepsi Max.

If you die early then it will have no affect on me - I am not telling you to stop drinking coke anyway, am I?

Organic free range eggs are very good for you (and your cholesterol profile).

Mayonnaise, if made at home is oK - if it comes out of a bottle it contains HFCS and other toxic additives which is very bad for you.

If you choose to believe what food manufacturers and big pharma tell you then that is your prerogative. I am a little bit more savvy than you in this respect and I avoid both factory produced food and prescription medications like the plague!!!

If you die early then it will have no affect on me - I am not telling you to stop drinking coke anyway, am I?

Mayonnaise, if made at home is oK - if it comes out of a bottle it contains HFCS and other toxic additives which is very bad for you.

If you choose to believe what food manufacturers and big pharma tell you then that is your prerogative. I am a little bit more savvy than you in this respect and I avoid both factory produced food and prescription medications like the plague!!!

Your self-righteousness is much more obvious than your savvy.

• Like 2

Your self-righteousness is much more obvious than your savvy.

No!! they are both right up there.

Diet Pepsi in Thailand? I don't think so. Where did you buy in Chiang Mai? I think you mean Pepsi Max, right?

Probably other toxins in your system are masking the effect of the aspartame.

That's a good one.

In other words the aspartame is not serious if it is in fact harmful.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

The evidence is out there my friend - you are obviously not scientifically minded like me and haven't done the research.

You mean the research in the areas you looked into. Care to give us your scientific knowledge on the research the US Food and

Drug Administration did.

Was your research funded by the Sugar Industry?

Not trying to be argumentative here but you and I both know that we can believe any thing we want and find proof of it on the internet.

Well put. I know a guy who is a complete waste of time to talk to. He is so preoccupied with what is good for him and what is not good for him that he has no time to just enjoy life. I have tried to talk to him about other subjects and he just says they are all the same and sites some thing from over 20 years ago.

If you are afraid of an early death go ahead and research all you want day and night because we all know Knowledge is constantly being enlarged. What was death yesterday is good for you today. A bit of an overstatement but look at coffee for example it used to not be good for you. That is not to say it harmed you. Now they say 1 cup a day is good for you and lately I have heard 2 cups a day.

Science is in reality just a fledgling thing there is so much they do not know. The really smart ones know that they have no idea of how much they don't know.

Reminds me time to have my sugar whitener free delicious cup of coffee for the day.

Long and happy lifer to all who choose to make it a happy one. The others well up to you.wai.gif

• Like 1

The FDA is the LAST place I would look for advice as it is run by former executives of big pharma and food manufacturers and this so-called administration is a piece of junk!!!

I get my information from reputable and respected doctors that are the bane of these mega organisations as they provide 'natural' cures for virtually every ailment out there (without the plethora of killer side-effects.

Dr. Mercola is probably the best source of information - even diabetic and heart health organisation spew out rubbish which is so 'old hat' and plain wrong.

Let me test you out on your health knowledge.

Which of these two is dangerous for you: margarine or butter?

What would you choose to reduce you're cholesterol? oats with cinnamon or statins.

Are eggs and beer good or bad for your cholesterol?

One last one, does direct sunlight (in moderation) prevent or cause skin cancer?

Lets see how you do in my challenge!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

The FDA is the LAST place I would look for advice as it is run by former executives of big pharma and food manufacturers and this so-called administration is a piece of junk!!!

I get my information from reputable and respected doctors that are the bane of these mega organisations as they provide 'natural' cures for virtually every ailment out there (without the plethora of killer side-effects.

Dr. Mercola is probably the best source of information - even diabetic and heart health organisation spew out rubbish which is so 'old hat' and plain wrong.

What would you choose to reduce you're cholesterol? oats with cinnamon or statins.

One last one, does direct sunlight (in moderation) prevent or cause skin cancer?

Well You have convinced me. Which side of the street or debate do you want.... pick a side and stick to it...

Using your own words , I will show you why you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

You say the soft drinks are very bad for you..... all the various colas.....

then you turn right around and rave about the findings , rantings and so on of a Dr. ????? named what ???

Mer Cola...... so by your words , his words are pure bunk and bad for us.

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Well You have convinced me. Which side of the street or debate do you want.... pick a side and stick to it...

Using your own words , I will show you why you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

then you turn right around and rave about the findings , rantings and so on of a Dr. ????? named what ???

Bit worried about getting the answers wrong, were you??

I lost a lot of weight, when I switched to Coke Zero. 24 thb, 1.25 liter at Tesco Express and is consistently available. Pepsi Max has a better price, but is not as available, it's in a 1.45 liter bottle...they just had a sale 3 for 66, and only had it 1 time in 4.

I lost a lot of weight, when I switched to Coke Zero. 24 thb, 1.25 liter at Tesco Express and is consistently available. Pepsi Max has a better price, but is not as available, it's in a 1.45 liter bottle...they just had a sale 3 for 66, and only had it 1 time in 4.

Just think how much weight you COULD HAVE lost if you hadn't drunk this obesity promoter then!!!

With such a Vas a lating proctor, what sensible person wouldn't be

With such a Vas a lating proctor, what sensible person wouldn't be

Not sure what that means but I take it as a YES!!!

i normally drink this stuff coz each regular cola contains 14 sugarcubs or so

so i surely gain weight when drinking this

now i found out that research showed aspartame makes you craving for food

im quite confused now

You are not confused at all - you have just given the answer as to the reason why it makes you fatter compared to sucrose (this only makes you fat BTW)!!

It actually make you crave for sweets and simple carbohydrates (that rapidly turn to sugar once ingested) - the food manufacturers love this as it is turns you into a sugar addict so you continue to buy their poisons.