Thais are so clever... about cleaning their bums

brit1984

Having witnessed Thai joggers in the park ALL running anti-clockwise to reduce the centrifugal force (and thus protect) the more important left side of their (amazing) brains, I already knew some Thais were pretty smart...

...but I have now realized the genius that underlies a much more fundamental part of Thai life... the bum gun...

...I always assumed wiping my bottom with (dry) tissue paper was an adequate way to clean it after doing a poo... a quick experiment I just did with a wet wipe (after using tissue paper) has totally revolutionized my thinking... using water to clean your bum makes so much sense... Thais are so clever

Please discuss

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bum gun topic has been done to death. I also get the impression from previous threads that the majority of farang in LOS have embraced the use of said bum gun with considerable enthusiasm, it being an obviously superior and more hygenic way of cleaning up.

• Like 1

After 20+ years, I'm horrified when there is no bum gun and I am forced to use paper.

Dear Hugh Jass, I mean UG, Is it true your bum gun at home is attached to a fire hose, you know for extra pressure and assistance in dealing with those bigger jobs?

;)

xx neverdie

I wish that I did have a high pressure one, but am subject to the whims of the city water supply. The gym that I belong to has one like a fire hose, so I try to time the moment that refreshes for when I am there.

firehose.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.

And on top of keeping your bum clean, it's so much easier to clean the bathroom as well. Spray some soap around everywhere, spread it around with a mop / brush, let it sit for a bit, then just spray the entire bathroom down, give it one final mop & spray, and your bathroom is shining and disinfected. None of this getting on your hands and knees to scrub the floor shit.

Edited by Nautilus05
  • Like 1

Here we go....

finally discussing a topic worth not only a fistful of dissertations to achieve a "Ph.D. àss.wypus" but perhaps even initiate internationally acknowledged habilitations which might cause top universities to invite those who are successful as lecturers.

• Like 2

I think the bum gun topic has been done to death. I also get the impression from previous threads that the majority of farang in LOS have embraced the use of said bum gun with considerable enthusiasm, it being an obviously superior and more hygenic way of cleaning up.

ever looked to see how clean the bum gun head is?

ever looked to see how clean the bum gun head is?

Our bum gun gets immersed in a solution of bleach on a regular basis, not that it is ever visually contaminated.

Actually, on the subject of bum guns, when we were in LOS a couple of months ago, I discovered a really superior piece of kit, much better than the usual plastic guns that seem to have a very limited life-span. Not cheap, but real quality in stainless steel.

http://www.vrh.co.th/product_detail.aspx?p_id=890&language=en

I think some, but not all Home Pro stores sell them. I got ours from a plumber's merchant in central Ubon.

At least it is not just the bucket and plastic cup. Bum guns are a life saver.

You do not need smearing your flora and fauna all over your hands and bottoms with that one ply tissue.

Barbarism. I do believe, in this hot weather. you are going to be stinking up a storm, not to mention the rot.

• Like 1

Quite practical for different things. For example, with an extension hose you can join the Song Khran festivities... from the balcony.

also its songkran everyday for your bum, they are very smart indeed