bangkok bank contact changes

does bangkok bank , have an option to give them a out of country phone number or email address, if I call in the Bualuang Bank and try to give it to them ? right now, they just have my service apt rough address on sukhumwit, but i don't "live" there at the moment , etc ......

last time I got someone on the phone, but they could not even tell me my balance, i'm guessing i might have to visit my home branch to update contact information, bit inconvenient, as i'm in the US now.

cheers

Another Bangkok Bank basher.

If the bank couldn't give you your balance then you obviously couldn't answer their security questions adequately.

The inconvenience of your being in US was caused by you, not the bank, maybe you should have given them the correct contact details before you left..

• Like 1

Every time I've called the Bangkok Bank at (66) 0-2645-5555 over the years with a banking issue I got good assistance. Sure their English may not be the greatest, but hey, my Thai is a lot worst. I called them just this morning to resolve a ibanking logon issue...only took a few minutes before I was talking to a customer support rep with fairly good English and he walked me through fixing the problem within 5 minutes.

• Like 1

... last time I got someone on the phone, but they could not even tell me my balance, ...

"Could not" and "would not" have different meanings.

Admittedly it's been quite awhile since I last used the telephone to check my balance (since they now SMS me whenever there's any account activity), but whenever I did, it was an automated process for which you only needed to know your ATM card number and your PIN.

And I would agree with others that my experience with Bangkok Bank has been excellent. Some people seem to create problems for themselves and then, of course, point the finger of accusation at anyone but themselves.

Edited by Suradit69

Phone banking is automated if you have an ATM card - just enter the number and PIN for access as below:

User Guide

Two ways for making the transaction you want through Bualuang Phone
Automated Voice Service

Your step-by-step guide to an automated voice service

1. Dial Bualuang Phone on 1333 or (66) 0-2645-5555.
  2. Request your desired language by pressing the relevant digit on your telephone: 1 for Thai, or 2 for English.
  3. For self-service transactions, inquiries, and general information choose from between the numbers 1-8 on the menu.
  4. The automated system will ask you to verify yourself. Enter your card number followed by your 4-digit PIN.
  5. When you have made your selection, simply follow the voice prompts to complete your request.
  6. The automated voice system will repeat your transaction or inquiry details, so that you have a chance to accept or reject the details.

Feature Dial

You can interrupt the automated service at any time by choosing from these options:

Feature

Dial

Contact a Customer Service Representative

Cancel and start again

Switch to another card

Return to the main menu

Exit

#

anyway, yes, I thought it strange, not to be able tell me my balance, after going through the ID process successfully. otherwise, they were helpful enough, to tell me my account was open.

we'll see if they can change addresses by phone or not