US B2 visa renewal likelihood without employment?

Thai wife has had 2 US B2 visas in the past--10 years each. Most recent expired July 2013. We got married nine years ago and have had six visits back since--I'm US and live here.

Planning a US visit this year, so she needs a new visa. At the time of her previous two applications she was employed by a major media company. Now she works semi-contractually (research/writing), but has not set-up her own business. She owns her home, has enough in the bank for another, and the family ties, but will that be enough to convince them she'll be coming back?

Since you are married she does not need to work as long as you have ties to Thailand such as an extension of stay from immigration, have enough income to support her.and pay for the trip.

Her previous trips to the states and not overstaying also is a big help.

Since you are married she does not need to work as long as you have ties to Thailand such as an extension of stay from immigration, have enough income to support her.and pay for the trip.

Thanks, that was quick. However, our livelihood is more tied to her ventures/name than mine, a bit a-typical that way, therefore not a lot of "income to support" for me to show in that regard.

Thanks, that was quick. However, our livelihood is more tied to her ventures/name than mine, a bit a-typical that way, therefore not a lot of "income to support" for me to show in that regard.

The income amount is not all that important. Before it was having the job to return to, Now that you are married your ties to here is what counts also.

if she can show income from self employment that will be accepted.

What is your status here? Are you on an extension of stay from immigration or some type of visa from an embassy or consulate. That is proof that you will return.

And, be sure that she takes your passport, not a copy, to the interview, with your (hopefully) Retirement extensions flagged.

As pointed out above, it's YOUR ties to Thailand that are critical.

FYI, my now wife has not been employed by any company and she's obtained two 10-year visas, will be needing another one next year or so.

Mac

The income amount is not all that important. Before it was having the job to return to, Now that you are married your ties to here is what counts also.

if she can show income from self employment that will be accepted.

What is your status here? Are you on an extension of stay from immigration or some type of visa from an embassy or consulate. That is proof that you will return.

Been on marriage visa extensions once possible and multi-entry, non-immigrant visas the three-years before that.. Guess I'm lucky I did not toss my old passport on renewal last year... Unfortunately, no written contracts this year to formally illustrate work continuity. It's really just the house and savings,

She would not need the contracts. Just some proof of income going into her bank account should be enough.

Your most recent extension in your new passport will be enough. Immigration probably put your existing extension in your new passport when you got it. If your immigration office does it like the one here they put a stamp or note (in Thai) above the extension stamp stating it is is for marriage and the total number of extensions gotten.

She would not need the contracts. Just some proof of income going into her bank account should be enough.

Your most recent extension in your new passport will be enough. Immigration probably put your existing extension in your new passport when you got it. If your immigration office does it like the one here they put a stamp or note (in Thai) above the extension stamp stating it is is for marriage and the total number of extensions gotten.

Showing deposits will be no problem. Also, forget she's got an independent pension program she's been paying into for years that won't be vested for ten more, so that would be a reasonable amount to walk away from as well. The more we think about it, the more confident we feel reasonableness will prevail.