International Parliamentary Union concerned by Yingluck inquiry: Pheu Thai

webfact

My god..... Can you imagine having to wai that sack of crap.

It must repulse many people to have to put their hands together for that zombie.

Glad I am no position to follow such protocol.

Your daily dose of bull sinks lower and lower,

I suggest you climb back on a barstool if all you can do is call the acting PM of the country you are a guest in "a sack of crap".

"Glad I am no position to follow such protocol."

And so am I, and fortunately you never have been or will be.

"...about the NACC's effort to strip 308 MPs and Senators who voted in favour of the decision to amend the 2007 Constitution. The amendment has been struck down as unconstitutional by the Constitutional Court, and the NACC has subsequently launched an inquiry into the 308 politicians, accusing them of participating in unconstitutional actions."

This just blows my mind what the NACC is trying to do in this case, if I can take the statement above at face value. In the US it is the job of the government as represented by Congress and the Senate to make changes in the Constitution. It is not easy, but there is a procedure to follow and it is their job and no one elses job. Also, if the Supreme Court in the US strikes down an amendment as unconstitutional then Congress just go back to the drawing board or they shelve it. No one loses their position or has to be threatened by jail. This just seems insane.

If the government of Thailand as represented by the MP's and PM cannot change the Constitution then who can?

Edited by oneday

International Parliamentary Union?

Another 3 letter word I never heard about before...

MPs have Union now? Representing them against who? The people? The government? Say, what??!!?? Absurdity cubed!

Thai MPs, are they members in good standing? Most of all, have they paid their dues?

(this post contains satire wink.png )

Forgive Woopydoo, he is a frustrated and negative falang. Some people mix up freedom of speech and primitive insult.

My god..... Can you imagine having to wai that sack of crap.

It must repulse many people to have to put their hands together for that zombie.

Glad I am no position to follow such protocol.

Your daily dose of bull sinks lower and lower,

I suggest you climb back on a barstool if all you can do is call the acting PM of the country you are a guest in "a sack of crap".

"Glad I am no position to follow such protocol."

And so am I, and fortunately you never have been or will be.

some information about the IPU (from their website)

The IPU is the international organization of Parliaments (Article 1 of the Statutes of the Inter-Parliamentary Union). It was established in 1889.

The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.

To that end, it:

• Fosters contacts, co-ordination, and the exchange of experience among parliaments and parliamentarians of all countries;
  • Considers questions of international interest and concern and expresses its views on such issues in order to bring about action by parliaments and parliamentarians;
  • Contributes to the defence and promotion of human rights - an essential factor of parliamentary democracy and development;
  • Contributes to better knowledge of the working of representative institutions and to the strengthening and development of their means of action.

The IPU supports the efforts of and works in close co-operation with the United Nations, whose objectives it shares. The Union also co-operates with regional inter-parliamentary organizations, as well as with international intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations which are motivated by the same ideals.

In October 2011, the IPU adopted its Strategy for 2012-2017 under the overall title "Better parliaments, stronger democracy".

The IPU is financed primarily by its members out of public funds. The site of the Union's Headquarters is Geneva (Switzerland).

some information about the IPU (from their website)

The IPU is the international organization of Parliaments (Article 1 of the Statutes of the Inter-Parliamentary Union). It was established in 1889.

The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.

To that end, it:

• Fosters contacts, co-ordination, and the exchange of experience among parliaments and parliamentarians of all countries;
  • Considers questions of international interest and concern and expresses its views on such issues in order to bring about action by parliaments and parliamentarians;
  • Contributes to the defence and promotion of human rights - an essential factor of parliamentary democracy and development;
  • Contributes to better knowledge of the working of representative institutions and to the strengthening and development of their means of action.

The IPU supports the efforts of and works in close co-operation with the United Nations, whose objectives it shares. The Union also co-operates with regional inter-parliamentary organizations, as well as with international intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations which are motivated by the same ideals.

In October 2011, the IPU adopted its Strategy for 2012-2017 under the overall title "Better parliaments, stronger democracy".

The IPU is financed primarily by its members out of public funds. The site of the Union's Headquarters is Geneva (Switzerland).

Ok - so what is your point?