Soi Buakhao planned to be changed to one way

scubascuba3

It might be worth a try.

Between songtaews and delivery trucks the soi can be very time consuming to navigate, and that's on a scooter.  It would have to run from Klang to Pattaya Tai in order to loop with Second Road.  The right turn onto Pattaya Tai would be much worse than it is now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

It might be worth a try.

Between songtaews and delivery trucks the soi can be very time consuming to navigate, and that's on a scooter.  It would have to run from Klang to Pattaya Tai in order to loop with Second Road.  The right turn onto Pattaya Tai would be much worse than it is now. 

I though they banned right turns there ay one time?

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I though they banned right turns there ay one time?

They probably did, but it wasn't practical and now people turn right there. 

There's a similar situation at Soi Bongkot and Theprisit Rd, where one must turn left and travel a few hundred meters before doing a U-turn towards the beach. 

No bitterness or criticism from me as one can empathize with how difficult it is to make changes to traffic flows on roads with such heavy usage. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bbko said:

Hopefully they'll install a traffic light.

Plus there's many options to make a right turn before Pattaya Tai, like Soi DIana, Soi Honey, Soi New Plaza.

Yes, still a funny guy.

Just another red light to go through.🙃🙃

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bbko said:

I'm all for a trial run (if it doesn't work, they can switch back right?), but I hope they post some traffic cops along the route to stop those motorbikes/food carts from going the opposite direction.

Motorbikes going the wrong way aren't a problem, same every other one way

8 minutes ago, loong said:

If you were walking with the traffic, why were you surprised by a motorbike coming up behind you?

When walking down a one-way street without a pavement you should walk against the traffic, not with it.

You are correct, I should have said walking against the traffic, which is something I always do when there is no footpath.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope they will do the trial like monday to wednesday southbound, thursday both ways and the rest of the week northbound. That way people get slowly used to the new regime :tongue: After a month it will be decided witch direction is the best. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, bbko said:

I'm all for a trial run (if it doesn't work, they can switch back right?), but I hope they post some traffic cops along the route to stop those motorbikes/food carts from going the opposite direction.

Same as Walking street , supposed to be one way during the day but carts and motorbikes all day long going from Bali Hai to Beach Rd 

I would put a bet if I could this wont work and make a mint.

As noted it is hot air just like banning the Songthaw more recent no bikes parking in from of Treetown that lasted two weeks🤣

It all comes down to enforcement which is always zero. When it comes to Baukhao it is just a poorly design Soi, narrow, no sidewalks and no parking! Making it one way will just create Chaos elsewhere 3rd 2rd, Klang and Tai. 

It would be better to just make sois from 3rd,2nd, one way every other that leads into Baukhao, reduced deliveries any size truck for example early morning 4 till noon. Last limit the number of Songthaw by 50% designate them yellow and space them out or rid them replace with a tram system. Whatever transportation in place can only travrel up and down Baukhao all other destination will need to work themselves up to 3rd 2nd,Klang,Tai. this Soi best you getting is to reduce the volume. 

9 hours ago, bbko said:

Hopefully they'll install a traffic light.

Plus there's many options to make a right turn before Pattaya Tai, like Soi DIana, Soi Honey, Soi New Plaza.

They'd have to make them one way too, like between Beach Rd and 2nd Rd, alternately as they already get clogged. And sois connecting buakhao and 3rd. I hope they've thought this through. 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

would put a bet if I could this wont work and make a mint.

As noted it is hot air just like banning the Songthaw more recent no bikes parking in from of Treetown that lasted two weeks🤣

I'll gamble it will work, it's hard to ignore a one way, in fact dangerous, bikes parking by tukcom easily ignored

8 minutes ago, bradiston said:

They did. Motorbikes just did a swerve, cars turned left and then tried to u-turn back. Result? Complete chaos. Just like on Thepprasit right now.

Easy to break rules on motorbike, I do now on Thepprasit, by Ratanakorn and by Lotus, no major problem