Easter Services - Catholic (Roman for the use of) in CM?

mamborobert

Sorry for short notice here but does anybody have the times for Easter services at a Roman Catholic site (ie Sacred Heart/Seven Fountains)...Thai or English...any details any day very welcome. Anything particular special to see or avoid (please no running amok on that one).

Does it need to be Catholic? There was one God, there was Jesus Christ, they told people not to be ****s. Do we need to squabble over the minor differences or can we try not being pedantic?

Many thanks Winnie. Also got a few private messages with Sacred Heart details so thanks to them as well.......

The poor responses by some are not a problem for me and I can understand where they come from...For me a would be (and semi practising) hedonist Easter (as a holy day of obligation) sees the Jesuit (attributed) mantra "give me the child till he is seven and I will give you the man" drag me back.

As for the "minor differences"...they are not minor...that trinity, Virgin Mary, transubstantiation etc etc spring to mind. We also have a problem with the Nicene Creed which acknowledges ONE holy catholic and apostolic Church. Much like Thailand...there are some varying quality reproductions about :)

Unlike some of the imported reproductions for me it is a personal faith and involves no proselytizing, capitalizing on the misfortune of others, or conditional aide/love. I have my youngest son as a novice at Chedi Luang, have a spirit house in the yard, tabernacle in the house, and a sizeable amulet collection, ...and despite much self examination can only see Buddhism as a nice philosophy rather than a religion (again I accept my failing...there being no God in Buddhism as such, whilst God for me is a basic tenet (Islam has more recognition from me)...those first seven years strike again).

Best wishes for Easter to all the Thaivisa operating Thetans who know best in all things....

Anyhow thanks all.....lengthy stay in confessional awaits :)

Many thanks Winnie. Also got a few private messages with Sacred Heart details so thanks to them as well.......

The poor responses by some are not a problem for me and I can understand where they come from...For me a would be (and semi practising) hedonist Easter (as a holy day of obligation) sees the Jesuit (attributed) mantra "give me the child till he is seven and I will give you the man" drag me back.

As for the "minor differences"...they are not minor...that trinity, Virgin Mary, transubstantiation etc etc spring to mind. We also have a problem with the Nicene Creed which acknowledges ONE holy catholic and apostolic Church. Much like Thailand...there are some varying quality reproductions about smile.png

Unlike some of the imported reproductions for me it is a personal faith and involves no proselytizing, capitalizing on the misfortune of others, or conditional aide/love. I have my youngest son as a novice at Chedi Luang, have a spirit house in the yard, tabernacle in the house, and a sizeable amulet collection, ...and despite much self examination can only see Buddhism as a nice philosophy rather than a religion (again I accept my failing...there being no God in Buddhism as such, whilst God for me is a basic tenet (Islam has more recognition from me)...those first seven years strike again).

Best wishes for Easter to all the Thaivisa operating Thetans who know best in all things....

Anyhow thanks all.....lengthy stay in confessional awaits smile.png

I am glad Winnie came forward.

Thank you for uyour reply it is a matter of personal belief. We can choose to over look the differences or make an issue of them. Considering going my self now that you bring the topic up.

I do not follow Catholicism but I was brought up in it. Bacjkk in the days when you would go to hell if you went to a different Christian church.

I do know now that the Catholic church has admitted Martin Luther was not wrong. That several of the religions have become very close together in their belief systems.

As time passes more and more of the core beliefs are coming together and over riding the external things.

You are absolutely right Buddhism is not a religion it is nice philosophy. A fact that no longer how long people are around Thailand they fail to grasp. In my opinion it has many great philosophies that I fail to attain but can still work towards. I every once stop in to the monk chat at Chedi Luang. I find it highly educational.

Buddhism is not a religion? Is that an opinion or a definition?

I've studied it a long time ago and lots of debate by some but it is a philosophy or way of life as opposed to a western definition of a religion. Probably a topic in the Thaivisa Buddhism forum discussing this though. Buddhism in a Nutshell

The Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary I use shows one definition of religion as:

any specific system of belief and worship, often involving a code of ethics and a philosophy [the Christian religion, the Buddhist religion, etc.]

I think "religion' does not have to involve an "idol" or god, even though most probably do. I think some of the hill tribes worship trees and nature.

There I go getting off topic again.

Edited by hml367

Come over to mine - we could read from a fantasy novel and then have a sing-along - no appointment necessary.

First reply is an <removed> reply probably from one of our genius 'free thinkers'! Well done.....

Not very Christian to call your neighbour a <removed> is it? Good to see you keeping up the finest traditions of the church though.

Yes, you could call it 'free thinking', though just 'thinking' would probably suffice.

Happy Easter.