Good girlfriend car?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Alloy Gullwing Coupe. Since I topped her deputy prime minister gik's rather bland offer of a 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series, she seems content even though her friends chastise her for being with a farang.

When my girlfriend moved in with me last year, we looked at various small cars before settling on a Mitsubishi Attrage. It's fine for where I live (Jomtien) though if you lived up country, a bigger car may be more appropriate She got her licence (at the second attempt after failing on all things, parking!) 2 or 3 months after wwe bought the car.

Alan

If you are paying for the car with cash, make sure the vehicle is registered in your name, and the car is something you are happy to drive.

We have just bought a Ford Fiesta 1.5L Sport. Wife chose the colour from 2 colours I liked. But she still likes to drive my 8 year old Isuzu D-Max 4 x 4. Surprising really, because she is only 150 cms tall, and weighs 38 kgs. But...........her driving is very good, and I judge that from being an Approved Driving Instructor in the UK many years ago.

You are horny to the Max... A small little woman who loves to drive big things...

I got mine a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Alloy Gullwing Coupe. Since I topped her deputy prime minister gik's rather bland offer of a 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series, she seems content even though her friends chastise her for being with a farang.

Yeah right, in your dreams or you got to be the biggest sucker around I have one and they go for 1.5 million USD.

The best car is a pick up. Cheaper to buy in some cases, cheaper to repair in all cases, easier to find a place to repair, holds its value better, and the list goes on. Due to tax and repair cost along with holding their value a pick up is the best. Now the GF might not think so as it is not her baht and it does not look high class some think.

Toyota is one of the best represented cars in Thailand, and if you are going to do much travelling, get the LPG version where fuel only costs 12.50 to 13.50 per litre! That way you can see a lot of the country without much cost !

12.50 -13.50 / liter now but how long..?

Toyota is one of the best represented cars in Thailand, and if you are going to do much travelling, get the LPG version where fuel only costs 12.50 to 13.50 per litre! That way you can see a lot of the country without much cost !

I've been through this once although we didn't actually buy one but my GF chose the small car with 4 doors in this case Proton Savvy. All the others we looked at only had two doors.

Rationale she was going to be taking her friends out s needed 4 doors.

A before all you keyboard warriors jump all over the Proton , remember women don't really know much about cars so desire only what they want and what they see. Oh and the colour.

I have had a Proton persona now coming on 2.5 years, faultless, runs on gas(NGV) cheap as chips to run and 60,000 kms never had a problem.....I imagine the savvy for a run around would be perfect and second hand they are about 200 K baht silly money really..

The Mazda 3 has had rave reviews for a number of consecutive years. 2001 - 2004 best value automobile. Trouble free motoring. Look in Lemonade for recommendations on a used one. Like new vehicle but without the show room sticker shock.

One tip I was given by a BMW dealership I worked for was to look for example a Toyota forerunner on the BMW lot. They took it as a trade but they really only wanted BMW's on the lot so they discounted it to move it off the lot. So look for cars that do not fit.

We are in the market for a second car in Thailand, I looked at all the cars in the 500,000 -600,000 bht range and for the money , IMO the the Honda City S AT with 117 hp at 589,000 bht seems to be the best buy for what you get.. I also like the the new Toyota Yaris but I find the 86 hp engine a bit anemic.

Check out the fuel consumption too. I got my wife a Honda City, the full option, drives OK, not a fast ride, my Vigo goes circles around it. But the biggest shock is at the gas station, it drinks more than I do! On average use, mid distances it we are lucky i it does 11km per liter and that is that is more expensive than my Vigo!

We are in the market for a second car in Thailand, I looked at all the cars in the 500,000 -600,000 bht range and for the money , IMO the the Honda City S AT with 117 hp at 589,000 bht seems to be the best buy for what you get.. I also like the the new Toyota Yaris but I find the 86 hp engine a bit anemic.

Check out the fuel consumption too. I got my wife a Honda City, the full option, drives OK, not a fast ride, my Vigo goes circles around it. But the biggest shock is at the gas station, it drinks more than I do! On average use, mid distances it we are lucky i it does 11km per liter and that is that is more expensive than my Vigo!

Someones no good at Maths or needs Driving Lessons. 11 P.L is rediculouse,ever had a service.Plus the City runs rings round any Truck.

But why buy her a brand new car as she is a new driver...go down to a car auction and buy her a 2nd hand car she can drive for a year or two...

Thais do not get better with experience! It's actually works backwards here, they get more confident full of themselves and start driving like maniacs.

There is a Strange thing that happens to Ferangs here. They never bought their Dear Old Mom anything above 20$ yet they buy Hookers Cars. Im getting OLD

I got mine the number of a tuk-tuk driver.

• Like 2

Yeah right, in your dreams or you got to be the biggest sucker around I have one and they go for 1.5 million USD.
My dear boy, we all know times are tough, and I do feel your shame. I myself could endure the ridicule to which I'd be rightfully subjected for slumming about in such an economy car as the SLS AMG Black Series. But a gentleman shields his intended from such indignities. There were a total of twenty nine (two nine sir - 29 - only +/-2% of the entire run) 300SL Alloy Gullwing Coupes ever built. And even though every single one is still around, you must admit that they're at least somewhat rare. The best hardly ever come to market, but when they do they go for several times what you paid for your economy model.

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go far. You're gonna make it - if you try - they're gonna love you.

Read up so that once times are better you don't embarrass yourself, and shame your lovely gik, with such a public display of thrift. You'll not regret the effort.

http://m.autoblog.com/2012/01/22/rare-1955-mercedes-benz-300sl-alloy-sells-for-record-4-62-milli/

Edited by BanTamo

I also found the small Hondas to be pretty inefficient cars compared to the equivalent cars from other manufacturers.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Ladies are not usually worried about speed or performance, but rather the style and local perception of having a "popular model".

Rule of thumb for them is......the more expensive it appears to be, the more approvals I will get.

Remember to get the color they prefer (mostly white) and purchase it on a "lucky" day....there are, evidently, bad days for buying stuff.

One she pays for.

I agree 100 percent....... Nuff said, first of all see if they can ride a bicycle........ Or not so much on your pogo-stick.....

Just a thought...... Kerry cheesy.gifcheesy.gif:cheesy:

She is paying for it, just using an alternative currency and trust me it is not the one you are thinking about right now (guarantied!)

Just been out kicking some tyres.

Yaris G (B599,000)

High lights: Rear park sensors (2), keyless door lock and start, Digital Aircon, Steering wheel radio control

As expected: 4 doors, electric windows (4), electric mirrors (2), airbag (2), ABS, IPhone/USB connection, 15" Alu rims, CD

Low points: No Bluetooth

Mazda 2 Elegance Maxx(B715,000)

High lights: Bluetooth, dashboard microphone for phone calls, 1.5 l engine

As expected: It was a car!

Low points: Price, poor finish, gear leaver position, feel cheap, ugly long roof antenna, normal key start

Kicked some more tyres over the weekend and can now add the Swift. It is near identical to the Yaris is specifications, except a few items that actually falls out in the Swift's favor:

Yaris G vs. Swift GLX

B599,000 - B564,000

86 HP - 91 HP

15" wheels - 16" wheels

Swift has: Front fog lights and cool leather seats with the Swift logo.

Yaris has: 65 kg more than the Swift, but what is all that extra weight bring to the table?

Edited by ExpatOilWorker