Good girlfriend car?

What is a good choice for a girlfriend car in Thailand?

The smaller Honda and Toyota are the obvious first choice, like:

Honda Brio, Brio Amaze, City, Jazz,

Toyota Vios, Yaris, Prius,

But what about alternatives, like:

Suzuki Swift

Ford Fiesta

Mazda 2 (or 3)

What about Chevrolet, Hyundai, Nissan and Mitsubishi, do you have some interesting city cars?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're paying then you choose.

When I met my GF (now wife) and we decided to buy a car, she chose Jazz and she put a good downpayment, I was paying monthly and it was a good deal as I was spending more on transportation traveling around Thailand. At the time I was thinking if it didn't work out between us, she'd keep the car and for me it was like a long term rent. Now we're married and planning to upgrade for a Tuna.

• Like 2

I've been through this once although we didn't actually buy one but my GF chose the small car with 4 doors in this case Proton Savvy. All the others we looked at only had two doors.

Rationale she was going to be taking her friends out s needed 4 doors.

A before all you keyboard warriors jump all over the Proton , remember women don't really know much about cars so desire only what they want and what they see. Oh and the colour.

sort out the driving lessons first...

Good idea, but she will pass the driving test anyway biggrin.png

A friends niece in BKK got her license after 3 failed practical exams (and she failed miserably), she didn't have any driving experience whatsoever when she did the exams.

After the 3rd Failed attempt they just gave her the license sad.png

• Like 1

I've been through this once although we didn't actually buy one but my GF chose the small car with 4 doors in this case Proton Savvy. All the others we looked at only had two doors.

A before all you keyboard warriors jump all over the Proton , remember women don't really know much about cars so desire only what they want and what they see. Oh and the colour.

Nissan March for purely urban driving. Small, can park on a sixpence, tight turning circle, reasonable acceleration if your are putting your foot down. Is a hatchback so can vary the space in the back, easy to drive and cheap to buy new, from under 400000 base version but about 500000 for an equipped auto, plus choice of garish colours

Oh and it has 5 doors too, can pack the family, friends and dog in

• Like 2

Look at it from her point of view.

1) march, brio etc - very little face, likely to drive at night only and park at the back / high floors of shopping malls

2) Mazda 3 / Ford Focus / Swift - won't ask for window tinting, office girl dream car +3 on face scale

3) City, Jazz, Sylphy - only if she is over 28 years old.

4) Fortuna, Captiva, CRV - do you live upcountry? if yes +4 on face scale going up to +5 if you are particularly isolated.

5) Triton, Ranger, Vigo, Navara etc... buy these and she'll know that you love yourself more than her cause you'll always be driving it. Avoid unless you want her to leave you so you can keep it for yourself.

• Like 1

Thats a Super Colour, it matches my Apple Phone. Sons Girlfriend quote, over the Holiday. Well spotted V.N.thumbsup.gif

market research says.....

For a smaller woman: Subaru XV. gives them a bit more of a view of the road and has decent performance

For the good looking but slightly alternative/indy woman: Nissan Juke, Fiat Abarth 695 - a little out of the ordinary

For the typical boring woman you can find anywhere: any Japanese crapbox

For typical boring woman you can find anywhere who thinks she is 15: any Japanese crapbox + hello kitty sticker

For the mythical hot chula grad Thai Chinese woman with a proper entry level management decent job and parents to impress: Benz A Class 180 or BMW 116

For the mythical slightly older Thai Chinese woman with a senior level management decent job: Benz C or E Class

For the daughter of a massage king oligarch: Maserati Ghibli, Benz SLK, BMW Z4

For the Isaan maid turned into a GF: 30 year old Isuzu Rodeo with dents, rust, no engine in it and a small buffalo to tow it

For the former Nana Plaza man, who now sports a monster D cup: Toyota Soluna 2nd hand with 90% dark tints

For your own bank balance: smart phone + account with UBER application and 1000b a month for transport

Why spend more on a pain-in-the-arse TC woman? blink.png

Try her out with a shopping trolley in Tesco's first!

My wife has failed the test for the last 8 years..

No chance she is moving onto a car in the near future!

She just got her driver license last week. 5 days was all it took from driving school and tests until she had the driver license in hand. On the first day at the driving track, the instructor let her drive the car back through city traffic to the school.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker