Good girlfriend car?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like we have some sort of consensus, but in reality there are actually 3 different categories of small cars.

Tiny cars:

1. Jazz

2. Brio

3. March

4. Mirage

5. Kia Picanto

Small urban cars (perfect girlfriend cars):

1. Swift

2. Yaris

3. Mazda 2

4. Fiesta

Small family cars:

1. City Vios Mazda 3

2. Almera

3. Brio Amaze

4. Ford Focus

yaris belongs in the first group, got to get out of it just to change your mind mate smile.png

Well...technically, there are a lot of mis-categorized cars in that lineup but I do see his logic. They should be categorized by segments, A,B,C etc., and City, and Mazda2 are in B, and the 5 door hatch Mazda is a different market from the 4 door sedan, so yeah, I get it. As far as cute girlfriend cars, sure, hatchbacks make the list of all sorts, and all the Eco boxes unless they're uncool like the Almeara (which is a great family car but uncool for gfs), so why not use his list? It works mostly.

relax mate, i was having a go at the yaris, not expatoilman ;)

It looks like we have some sort of consensus, but in reality there are actually 3 different categories of small cars.

Tiny cars:

1. Jazz

2. Brio

3. March

4. Mirage

5. Kia Picanto

Small urban cars (perfect girlfriend cars):

1. Swift

2. Yaris

3. Mazda 2

4. Fiesta

Small family cars:

1. City Vios Mazda 3

2. Almera

3. Brio Amaze

4. Ford Focus

yaris belongs in the first group, got to get out of it just to change your mind mate smile.png

Well...technically, there are a lot of mis-categorized cars in that lineup but I do see his logic. They should be categorized by segments, A,B,C etc., and City, and Mazda2 are in B, and the 5 door hatch Mazda is a different market from the 4 door sedan, so yeah, I get it. As far as cute girlfriend cars, sure, hatchbacks make the list of all sorts, and all the Eco boxes unless they're uncool like the Almeara (which is a great family car but uncool for gfs), so why not use his list? It works mostly.

The first group is the classic mia-noi car.

Couldn't resist. Needed another car for the city and decided on the new yaris.

Nice little car. Makes a change from the big bulky PJS which is good on a run.

520.000 for the J model but the factory added 17 inch mags with low profile tyres.

Body kit. Fog lamps . Boot liner insurance. And a couple of stickers ( 20 baht ).

Total 565.000.

Works for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-58526-13986909660722_thumb.jpg

post-58526-13986909943828_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Couldn't resist. Needed another car for the city and decided on the new yaris.

Nice little car. Makes a change from the big bulky PJS which is good on a run.

520.000 for the J model but the factory added 17 inch mags with low profile tyres.

Body kit. Fog lamps . Boot liner insurance. And a couple of stickers ( 20 baht ).

Total 565.000.

Works for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to admit

A very nice looking car

Congratulations on your new Yarissmile.png Nice color also

• Like 1

Just been out kicking some tyres.

Yaris G (B599,000)

High lights: Rear park sensors (2), keyless door lock and start, Digital Aircon, Steering wheel radio control

As expected: 4 doors, electric windows (4), electric mirrors (2), airbag (2), ABS, IPhone/USB connection, 15" Alu rims, CD

Low points: No Bluetooth

Mazda 2 Elegance Maxx(B715,000)

High lights: Bluetooth, dashboard microphone for phone calls, 1.5 l engine

As expected: It was a car!

Low points: Price, poor finish, gear leaver position, feel cheap, ugly long roof antenna, normal key start

I bought my Thai wife a fortuner, after a couple of drives she gave it back and said you drive its too big.So a win win situation she got the car she wanted and so did I.

• Like 1

Did you also have a look at the Suzuki Swift?

If so, how did it compair to the Honda City?

Of all the Eco cars I like the swift the most,

At 92 hp 118 torque and 1020 kg with full options is one of the best performing Eco cars

It also rides nice. and feels solid

It has two fatal flaws IMO,

A) it does not come with ABS in the MT version, not a problem for me because I want an AT

BUT

B)If I understand the specifications corectly it only has airbag on the driver side, to get a passenger side airbag you need to buy the top of the line GLX which carries a price tag of ฿ 560,000

I dont know if I would feel right driving and feeling safe while my wife seats on the passenger side with out an airbag, and I would certainly not buy a car with out ABS.

If I have to spend ฿560.000 for the swift I find my self again looking at the CITY for about the same money

A shame because I really like the car

I am away at work and will not be in Thailand until this summer to personally check this car out, all the info I have is from second hand info, so please some one set me straight if I am wrong about the airbags.

My car only has an airbag on the passengers side. And she never shuts up!!

• Like 1

My wife needed a car for work and we also needed it for school runs for the kids. She wanted a Mazda 3 as her friend had one and I admit it looks nice both inside and out.

As I were the one paying the downpayment and her the monthly payment (for 5 years), I had a lot to say as she could not do this with my down payment.

I insisted on a car with NGV and the best one at that time were the Toyota Altis 1,6 NGV. It was 825.000, a bit high but we got all the extras like spoiler white leather seats and GPS.

The first year the car drove 50.000 km and we have saved a bundle in gasoline by beeing able to drive with NGV. Filling it up with gas for 120 baht while her friend have to spend 1400 baht for a full tank on her Mazda 3 and they almost drive the same distance. I havent calculated but I estimate its almost 5000 abht we save in fuel a month. This is not including the long holiday trips to isaan twice a year where we also save a bundle on fuel.

When I drive it I always turn to gasoline, and I estimate out of the 50.000 km, it have run about 8.000 on gasoline, so the engine will last longer as to if driving on gas all the time (according to experts)

The Altis also have a good resale value and drives good and are big enough to carry 6 person (including kids) and are presentable when with customers and sizewise and stylewise ok when comparring to her friends cars, so we are very happy about this car.

Before you buy, rent one for a week. You can rent one and test it out before you fork out all that cash. She may like the look of the Jazz for example, but might hate the hard ride because of the stiff suspension. Does she want a hatchback or one with a boot (trunk for Americans). Does it have bluetooth connection for her smart phone so she can call handsfree, and listen to her music. I dont think Honda City's have a CD player whereas the Jazz does. Is there a USB connection for music and charging phones? Does the car have ABS and air bags? You want the car to be as safe as possible for your telak right?

All this needs to be taken into consideration first.

Haven't you got any imagination??? Why do you feel you have to ask people on a forum (imho) a damn stupid question like this. Personally I think you are just showing off the fact that you have the money to buy a car.

• Like 1