CAPO makes statement on political situation

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAPO has made what is clearly a political statement that demonstrates that its role and goals are political - as such funding should be stoped as the government is in a caretaker mode and using public funds to finance election activates is not lawful.

CAPO has also clearly stated that they have authority and power above the NACC and CC by trying to direct them in what they do and how they should do it - that is contempt of the Charter and the courts.

All the statement does is confirm what most already knew about the organisation and membership - the law is only a tool for them to use and abuse for political goals

CAPO did not say they have authority over the NCC or CC. They merely suggest that they act within the confines of their authority and treat the PM fairly. Was that too much to request? (Probably)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The problem being is that fairly to them means exonerating her of all these charges and anything else she does illegal.
i thought the NACC is facing a huge backlog in their caseload. Amazing how this one seemed to jump the queue. The people are watching, and know what's up.

• Like 1

CAPO has made what is clearly a political statement that demonstrates that its role and goals are political - as such funding should be stoped as the government is in a caretaker mode and using public funds to finance election activates is not lawful.

CAPO has also clearly stated that they have authority and power above the NACC and CC by trying to direct them in what they do and how they should do it - that is contempt of the Charter and the courts.

All the statement does is confirm what most already knew about the organisation and membership - the law is only a tool for them to use and abuse for political goals

CAPO did not say they have authority over the NCC or CC. They merely suggest that they act within the confines of their authority and treat the PM fairly. Was that too much to request? (Probably)

The problem being is that fairly to them means exonerating her of all these charges and anything else she does illegal.

CAPO and its boss have a habit of subjecting thing - like there will be more bombing and shooting ,,,,,,,,

people have learnt that what CAPO "predicts" today will be tomorrow sad headlines

Wow! We didn’t hear that old cliché of “Bangkok Elite Vs Red poor Folk” for a long time. The latest fashion trend is to use the mantras “Judicial Coup” or ‘Respect my Vote”. wink.png

Someone has a problem with respecting the right of people to vote. How utterly Elitists.

If giving priority to the fight against corruption, abuse of power, and disrespect of law is considered “elitist”, I must say that I am very proud of being called that. smile.png

Therefore, those who wish immunity and forgiveness for those who are democratically elected, even if they are lawless and rotten in corruption, should be called the antonyms of elite: “bad”, “inferior”, “poor”, “second-rate”, “ordinary”, “worst”…

Hence, you and your superior ilk must have the divine right to rule over others irregardless of what they believe. Their opinions do not matter. Only yours.

Why do you talk about opinions and believes?? Why do you talk about me?? The problem with all those politicians (all parties - I'm not married with anyone) is not about "opinions" or "ideologies" but about violations of law, abuse of power, corruption, lack of accountability and transparency, etc. Having being democratically elected by majority of votes is not an excuse to tolerate those crimes!!!! Is that so difficult to understand?

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

Wow! We didn’t hear that old cliché of “Bangkok Elite Vs Red poor Folk” for a long time. The latest fashion trend is to use the mantras “Judicial Coup” or ‘Respect my Vote”. wink.png

Someone has a problem with respecting the right of people to vote. How utterly Elitists.

If giving priority to the fight against corruption, abuse of power, and disrespect of law is considered “elitist”, I must say that I am very proud of being called that. smile.png

Therefore, those who wish immunity and forgiveness for those who are democratically elected, even if they are lawless and rotten in corruption, should be called the antonyms of elite: “bad”, “inferior”, “poor”, “second-rate”, “ordinary”, “worst”…

Hence, you and your superior ilk must have the divine right to rule over others irregardless of what they believe. Their opinions do not matter. Only yours.

Why do you talk about opinions and believes?? Why do you talk about me?? The problem with the politicians (all parties - I'm not married with anyone) is not about "opinions" or "ideologies" but about violations of law, abuse of power, corruption, lack of accountability and transparency, etc. Having being democratically elected by majority of votes is not an excuse to tolerate those crimes!!!! Is that so difficult to understand?

Both sides violate the laws, abuse power, engage in corruption, and or not held to account, but only one side gets punished, and the other side gets to walk away scot free. That is not difficult to see. And when people re-elect the ruling party, those votes can freely ignored. Can we hold wrong doers accountable while still respecting the will of the electorate?

• Like 1

Why do you talk about opinions and believes?? Why do you talk about me?? The problem with the politicians (all parties - I'm not married with anyone) is not about "opinions" or "ideologies" but about violations of law, abuse of power, corruption, lack of accountability and transparency, etc. Having being democratically elected by majority of votes is not an excuse to tolerate those crimes!!!! Is that so difficult to understand?

Both sides violate the laws, abuse power, engage in corruption, and or not held to account, but only one side gets punished, and the other side gets to walk away scot free. That is not difficult to see. And when people re-elect the ruling party, those votes can freely ignored. Can we hold wrong doers accountable while still respecting the will of the electorate?

Just WHAT laws have the Democrats violated in the last 3 years that they should be pulled up about?

Just WHAT abuses of power have the Democrats been involved in, in the last 3 years?

Just what corruption have the Democrats perpetrated over the last 3 years?

Voting for Illegal bills and abuse of the laws of parliament has been committed by WHOM?

There is no ruling party and hasn't been since the last government was dissolved back in December.

Yes we must hold wrongdoers accountable and the will of the people (whatever that is) is irrelevant.

I don't think your posting was very well thought out, do you?

Would these statements not be CAPO exceeding their authority ?

Tell me again what CAPO stands for.

Just what I was thinking - how on earth does pathetic pleas for leniency on Yingluck and her delinquents fit in with their remit of maintaining peace and order??

The DSI is another example of blatant bias as it hasn't gone after a single UDD/red shirt since the troubles began (even though the bombs and killings are exclusively down to their actions) and they have tried to load up the trains with PDRC/yellow supporters and pin them with ridiculous trumped up charges that the courts have already stated are not crimes as the protests are peaceful.

Both of these phony and illegitimate organisations should be dismantled and they should be charged with persecution and exceeding their authority in acting as enforcers for 'we all know who'!!

The best way to maintain peace and order is to show people that the system is fair and has not been politicized. I hate to see what happens when the people rise up and storm the Bastille.

what a hypocrite, you show them it is fair by using the same rules on everyone,ie, not letting yl and co off the hook because they are wealthy. These people have broken the laws of Thailand therefore they have to answer to the courts but you and your red mates are simply trying to stir sh*t by using lies and innuendo, the people did rise up, against yl and the ptp, the reds have lost their support and thaksin is sh*tting himself now because he has lost control. You and your groupies are simply trying to stir the pot, truly pathetic.

Funny to read these comments - gestapo, terror, abuse. Common on folks, this is all part of the political theater, or rather the chess game that is Thai politics. There is no fair process, no rules, just what you can get away with and how it impacts the next situation. Here, Thaksin and his minions have tried to block their opponents from throwing his team out, even if they do remove the PM. Sticking to the colors (and for those of you who will jump in and say 'the yellows are not the PDRC are not the PAD", ok, fine, go back to Zardoz and play in your reality), the reds are setting the stage for dragging the royal institution into the game. So when the CC or NACC (dominated by yellows) rule against Yingluck, they will also move to kick out the cabinet. Thaksin / reds will then appeal to the royal institution - and either win out or drive a wedge further between it and the red masses. Given that the yellows have determined they must get rid of Thaksin and Co, then they will almost certainly move against the cabinet as well, so this is just a strategic move in a long term game, attempting to create more division between Bangkok yellow elites and red poor folk. Simplistic but largely the case.

Maybe someone has a problem not with respecting people votes but instead have a big problem with keeping an elected Gov in power when they use and abuse their elected positions for personal and electoral gain and disregard laws and their own constitution. Just because they can buy or even win the majority vote does not mean they should stay in power

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

srsv1238, as someone said: “10% of conflict is due to difference in opinion and 90% is due to the wrong tone of voice”. So let’s try to build constructive buildings. We can start by finding points in which we both agree.

I will give my answer in brackets. Please share yours, and let’s see how many common points we do share smile.png

(we assume that we’re talking about Amazing Thailand)

1.- All politicians must be accountable for their wrongdoings, independently of the number of votes that they have received (True)

2.- It is suspected that politicians from all parties have committed wrong doings (True)

3.- All politicians must be accountable for their wrongdoings, independently of their party (True)

4.- The current situation was ignited when PT tried to pass the Amnesty bill (True)

5.- The Amnesty Bill, amongst other bills, was considered unlawful (True)

6.- The Amnesty Bill was not even acceptable by most of the Red Shirts (True)

7.- The ruling party is facing several legal cases that must be resolved with urgency, since the future of the country is at stake (True)

8.- Members of the opposition are facing legal cases that should be resolved (True)

9 – In order to respect the will of the electorate, re-elected wrongdoers cannot be hold accountable (False)

10.- We are mere expectators of this Crazy Circus (True)

If, at the very least, we only agree with point #9, let’s finish the discussion here, and enjoy the Circus. It’s Friday!!! thumbsup.gif

Edited by MGP
  • Like 2

Funny to read these comments - gestapo, terror, abuse. Common on folks, this is all part of the political theater, or rather the chess game that is Thai politics. There is no fair process, no rules, just what you can get away with and how it impacts the next situation. Here, Thaksin and his minions have tried to block their opponents from throwing his team out, even if they do remove the PM. Sticking to the colors (and for those of you who will jump in and say 'the yellows are not the PDRC are not the PAD", ok, fine, go back to Zardoz and play in your reality), the reds are setting the stage for dragging the royal institution into the game. So when the CC or NACC (dominated by yellows) rule against Yingluck, they will also move to kick out the cabinet. Thaksin / reds will then appeal to the royal institution - and either win out or drive a wedge further between it and the red masses. Given that the yellows have determined they must get rid of Thaksin and Co, then they will almost certainly move against the cabinet as well, so this is just a strategic move in a long term game, attempting to create more division between Bangkok yellow elites and red poor folk. Simplistic but largely the case.

Maybe someone has a problem not with respecting people votes but instead have a big problem with keeping an elected Gov in power when they use and abuse their elected positions for personal and electoral gain and disregard laws and their own constitution. Just because they can buy or even win the majority vote does not mean they should stay in power

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This has nothing or more accurately a limited amount to do with law or democrat principles illegally using elective office. It is about power and control. Thaksin has the majority, that is pretty indisputable. He bought those votes through populist policies? Well, ok, perhaps he did. But as we are seeing here, you can't have a sizable portion of the elites so strongly against you, even with a majority, and have a well functioning society. Thailand needs a way out - one where the majority feels they have a voice and elites feel they are getting their adequately sized slice of the pie. But we are in a time of change, of greater awareness and communication and this is shaking the ground, not just here but in many countries. For Thailand, hopefully the various sides find a way to some middle ground - and best that that include greater transparency and less corruption. I am not betting on it, but that would be the best way forward.

• Like 2

Post 2006 coup and after the changes to the Constitution by the military, certain organizations (NACC, judiciary, EC and their related "selection committees") have been groomed by the military (and their allies) and infiltrated by a large number of corrupt officials whos job is not to serve the electorate or the law, but to serve their elite masters.

In effect they have been groomed to perform a judicial coup if ordered, they have been ordered, and that is exactly the process going on now against the caretaker government.

Its always amusing to watch posters on here claim they know anything about democracy when they openly support judicial coups and blatantly corrupt and bias officials from these completely unbalanced "checks and balances" organizations like the NACC and EC.

Judicial coup - that catch all phrase loved by the pro Thaksin dictatorship advocates anytime PTP/UDD/Red Shirt leaders and supporters get caught breaking the laws.

Now we have something new " CAPO Coup". An organization appointed from within the caretaker government carrying out political propaganda and attempting to influence and possible pervert the course of justice. The same organization that has spent millions of baht on itself yet failed miserable in protecting anyone who dares protest against PTP. The same organization that dismisses the PTP leaders and supporters cries for treason and rebellion as "having a bit of fun, not really meaning it" yet claims people blowing whistles are serious criminals.

CAPO have zero authority to tell the courts what to do. They are simply a group put together by PTP to protect the interests of PTP and financed by tax payers money.

Just another example of the DSI and CAPO being an arm of the Thaksin factions.

Wonder if anyone will write to the UN, its secretary general, Obama, Cameron, Merckel and uncle Tom Cobley and complain about this blatant attempt at a CAPO Coup?

• Like 2

A quasi policeman, currently under investigation for owning assets in excess of his emoluments, is telling the highest court in the land exactly how to interpret the Constitution to please his gangster bosses and threatening to instigate political violence, if they don't.

Yes, why doesn't that other joke organisation the DSI investigate Chalerm's extreme wealth??

And here we go again: A branch of the Executive trying to influence the Judicial power. Separartion of power in a democracy? Never heard of.

What is especially disgusting is that the head of DSI, Khun Tharit, the one who accused his fellow members of the 2010 CRES of murder for decisions he participated in, now tells the Consitutional Court what to do. This man has become one of the major anti-democracy tools in the PT government.

• Like 1

i thought the NACC is facing a huge backlog in their caseload. Amazing how this one seemed to jump the queue. The people are watching, and know what's up.

That's right. Thus case has been with the NACC since 2012

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In its "statement number 1", CAPO said the court had no authority to oust the Cabinet if it ruled against the prime minister in the case of the unlawful transfer of the NSC chief.

Firstly I see some inconsistency in the CAPO, which has only narrow responsibility to maintain law and order in districts temporarily placed under the provisions of the Internal Security Act, in attempting to dictate interpretation of points of law to the Constitutional Court and the independent agencies.

Secondly I see more inconsistency in the apparent acceptance that the PM can be removed from office by the Constitutional Court but not the rest of the cabinet. The "double jeopardy" argument that the cabinet has already vacated office under Article 180.2 due to the dissolution of parliament and therefore cannot be ordered to vacate it again under 180.1 applies equally the PM, since she has already vacated office and continues only in a temporary caretaker capacity, as does the rest of the cabinet. Similarly, if the argument that the cabinet must stay on as a caretaker under 181 is valid, it should be equally valid that the PM must stay on since she is part of the cabinet.

Personally I would think the government would do better to argue that the PM can't be removed from office because she has already left office and is only a caretaker with a constitutional obligation to stay on until a new government is formed. The PM is the only person in the cabinet who is democratically elected by Parliament. The rest of the cabinet are simply appointed by the PM. The constitutional provision that the rest of the cabinet is also automatically removed, if the PM is removed from office, is premised not on the concept of collective guilt, as they imply, but on the fact that they are mere appointees of the PM. Thus their appointments no longer hold validity once the PM who appointed them as his or her cabinet has been removed from office.

Another inconsistency is the implication that Article 182 which allows cabinet minsters to resign, die or be removed from office is inapplicable to caretaker ministers. Thus they could be charged with dereliction of duty if they resigned due to incapacity or died in office. This would also imply total Immunity from any constitutional offences for caretaker ministers, even though the offences were committed before the dissolution of parliament and caretaker cabinets can stay in office for several months. That would encourage any PM facing Constitutional Court proceedings to simply dissolve Parliament the day before the court is due to deliver its judgement. Whatever the verdict, the PM and cabinet could remain in office for several months and run in a new election, rendering the court ineffectual.

An outrageous set of directives for everyone. Everyone is being told off, with the grand exception of the cabinet - who is to ensure that no political vacuum takes place - surprise, surprise. And how do they manage to do that ? Are they not subject to the same charges as Yingluck ? Directive # 1 is directed to the NACC. Directive # 2 is directed to the Constitutional Court. They are both directed not to exceed their bounds ( presumably as Chalerm views it ). And high-ranking government officials are forbidden from expressing their views. Pheu Thai has become a kindergarten teacher and all these institutions ( not to mention the public, which also has its directives ) are to sit quietly in class. It would have been a treat being a fly on the wall during this rant by Chalerm yesterday. In a just universe all of those present would stand up, laugh, and walk out.

Edited by Scamper

An outrageous set of directives for everyone. Everyone is being told off, with the grand exception of the cabinet - who is to ensure that no political vacuum takes place - surprise, surprise. And how do they manage to do that ? Are they not subject to the same charges as Yingluck ? Directive # 1 is directed to the NACC. Directive # 2 is directed to the Constitutional Court. They are both directed not to exceed their bounds ( presumably as Chalerm views it ). And high-ranking government officials are forbidden from expressing their views. Pheu Thai has become a kindergarten teacher and all these institutions ( not to mention the public, which also has its directives ) are to sit quietly in class. It would have been a treat being a fly on the wall during this rant by Chalerm yesterday. In a just universe all of those present would stand up, laugh, and walk out.

This is a lot closer to dictatorship than people realize.

Just WHAT laws have the Democrats violated in the last 3 years that they should be pulled up about?

Just WHAT abuses of power have the Democrats been involved in, in the last 3 years?

Voting for Illegal bills and abuse of the laws of parliament has been committed by WHOM?

There is no ruling party and hasn't been since the last government was dissolved back in December.

Yes we must hold wrongdoers accountable and the will of the people (whatever that is) is irrelevant.

What? Why do you only want to go back three years? Seems like such an specific time frame. Perhaps you selected three years because that is the last time the democrats held power, and only because they pushed the military into staging a military coup. Which is telling. We can look to their many abuses of power in their short and failed reign. The courts should Hold people accountable for their crimes. And not be used as a weapon against ones political enemies.

What? Why do you only want to go back three years? Seems like such an specific time frame. Perhaps you selected three years because that is the last time the democrats held power, and only because they pushed the military into staging a military coup. Which is telling. We can look to their many abuses of power in their short and failed reign. The courts should Hold people accountable for their crimes. And not be used as a weapon against ones political enemies.

OK then, tell me of their MANY abuses then and how much money it cost the country.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

srsv1238, as someone said: “10% of conflict is due to difference in opinion and 90% is due to the wrong tone of voice”. So let’s try to build constructive buildings. We can start by finding points in which we both agree.

I will give my answer in brackets. Please share yours, and let’s see how many common points we do share smile.png

1.- All politicians must be accountable for their wrongdoings, independently of the number of votes that they have received (True)

2.- It is suspected that politicians from all parties have committed wrong doings (True)

3.- All politicians must be accountable for their wrongdoings, independently of their party (True)

4.- The current situation was ignited when PT tried to pass the Amnesty bill (True)

7.- The ruling party is facing several legal cases that must be resolved with urgency, since the future of the country is at stake (True)

8.- Members of the opposition are facing legal cases that should be resolved (True)

9 – In order to respect the will of the electorate, re-elected wrongdoers cannot be hold accountable (False)

If, at the very least, we only agree with point #9, let’s finish the discussion here, and enjoy the Circus. It’s Friday!!! thumbsup.gif

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Agreed. However the amnesty bill was designed to give amnesty to all, not just one side.

5. Considered unlawful by whom and Why? What laws did it violate?

6. Agreed. But that simply shows that compromise solutions are often disliked by all parties, which is what makes it "fair".

7. There are many cases before the courts. Shouldn't those who have been waiting for justice be served first? Expediting this case simply shows how politicized the judiciary has become, and will lead to it being seen as illegitimate by the people.

8. Agreed. The cases should be handled promptly and I suggest chronologically.

9. Re-elected wrong doers should still be held accountable if they have been found guilty if crimes, irregardless of their political position and circumstance.

10. Spectators, yes. Voices of reason, yes.

Would these statements not be CAPO exceeding their authority ?

Tell me again what CAPO stands for.

Just what I was thinking - how on earth does pathetic pleas for leniency on Yingluck and her delinquents fit in with their remit of maintaining peace and order??

The DSI is another example of blatant bias as it hasn't gone after a single UDD/red shirt since the troubles began (even though the bombs and killings are exclusively down to their actions) and they have tried to load up the trains with PDRC/yellow supporters and pin them with ridiculous trumped up charges that the courts have already stated are not crimes as the protests are peaceful.

Both of these phony and illegitimate organisations should be dismantled and they should be charged with persecution and exceeding their authority in acting as enforcers for 'we all know who'!!

The best way to maintain peace and order is to show people that the system is fair and has not been politicized. I hate to see what happens when the people rise up and storm the Bastille.

what a hypocrite, you show them it is fair by using the same rules on everyone,ie, not letting yl and co off the hook because they are wealthy. These people have broken the laws of Thailand therefore they have to answer to the courts but you and your red mates are simply trying to stir sh*t by using lies and innuendo, the people did rise up, against yl and the ptp, the reds have lost their support and thaksin is sh*tting himself now because he has lost control. You and your groupies are simply trying to stir the pot, truly pathetic.

Why not let the electorate decide? Oh, wait they did already. And they still picked the PM because they saw the democrats as an even worse option. Sorry mate. It is you who is on the wrong side of history. If you are so certain who has political support, why not put it a vote? Unless of course, you think you know better.

And here we go again: A branch of the Executive trying to influence the Judicial power. Separartion of power in a democracy? Never heard of.

What is especially disgusting is that the head of DSI, Khun Tharit, the one who accused his fellow members of the 2010 CRES of murder for decisions he participated in, now tells the Consitutional Court what to do. This man has become one of the major anti-democracy tools in the PT government.

but I thought it was the opposition that didn't want to hold elections? Silly me.

Post 2006 coup and after the changes to the Constitution by the military, certain organizations (NACC, judiciary, EC and their related "selection committees") have been groomed by the military (and their allies) and infiltrated by a large number of corrupt officials whos job is not to serve the electorate or the law, but to serve their elite masters.

In effect they have been groomed to perform a judicial coup if ordered, they have been ordered, and that is exactly the process going on now against the caretaker government.

Its always amusing to watch posters on here claim they know anything about democracy when they openly support judicial coups and blatantly corrupt and bias officials from these completely unbalanced "checks and balances" organizations like the NACC and EC.

Judicial coup - that catch all phrase loved by the pro Thaksin dictatorship advocates anytime PTP/UDD/Red Shirt leaders and supporters get caught breaking the laws.

Now we have something new " CAPO Coup". An organization appointed from within the caretaker government carrying out political propaganda and attempting to influence and possible pervert the course of justice. The same organization that has spent millions of baht on itself yet failed miserable in protecting anyone who dares protest against PTP. The same organization that dismisses the PTP leaders and supporters cries for treason and rebellion as "having a bit of fun, not really meaning it" yet claims people blowing whistles are serious criminals.

CAPO have zero authority to tell the courts what to do. They are simply a group put together by PTP to protect the interests of PTP and financed by tax payers money.

Just another example of the DSI and CAPO being an arm of the Thaksin factions.

Wonder if anyone will write to the UN, its secretary general, Obama, Cameron, Merckel and uncle Tom Cobley and complain about this blatant attempt at a CAPO Coup?

Wait, I know. How about instead or arguing, we let the people decide by holding an election? But there was one already and the EC annulled it. The coup has already happened folks. What comes next is a dictatorship of the judiciary.

CAPO leader forget is role...... CAPO is to ensure security of all Thai people and not work for a specific group...

This move from CAPO is to threaten Courts and high ranking permanent secretary of different ministry...

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Agreed. However the amnesty bill was designed to give amnesty to all, not just one side.

6. Agreed. But that simply shows that compromise solutions are often disliked by all parties, which is what makes it "fair".

7. There are many cases before the courts. Shouldn't those who have been waiting for justice be served first? Expediting this case simply shows how politicized the judiciary has become, and will lead to it being seen as illegitimate by the people.

9. Re-elected wrong doers should still be held accountable if they have been found guilty if crimes, irregardless of their political position and circumstance.

Are you supporting the Amnesty Bill? blink.png

The final text of the Amnesty Bill was not only unlawful but unethical in many ways.

Amongst other things, the bill was illegal because the committee altered the core contents during the second reading, before their attempt to pass it at 4:30AM. The final contents had nothing to do with the draft that was discussed with the other parties.

It would have affected Thailand's ratification of the United Nations Convention against Corruption.

Many more things... but it is very boring to try to explain all this again. Do some research, or just use common sense.

http://thaishortnews.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/un-human-rights-body-cautions-thailand-over-amnesty-bill/

http://www.humanrights.asia/news/ahrc-news/AHRC-STM-201-2013

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/human-rights-watch-rejects-proposed-blanket-amnesty-bill/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Amnesty-bill-would-kill-25355-graft-cases-NACC-30218832.html

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90777/8355972.html

http://www.nhrc.or.th/2012/wb/en/news_detail.php?nid=1960&parent_id=1&type=hilight

"6. Agreed. But that simply shows that compromise solutions are often disliked by all parties, which is what makes it "fair"."

Seriously??? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

Are you supporting the Amnesty Bill? blink.png

The final text of the Amnesty Bill was not only unlawful but unethical in many ways.

Amongst other things, the bill was illegal because the committee altered the core contents during the second reading, before their attempt to pass it at 4:30AM. The final contents had nothing to do with the draft that was discussed with the other parties.

It would have affected Thailand's ratification of the United Nations Convention against Corruption.

Many more things... but it is very boring to try to explain all this again. Do some research, or just use common sense.

http://thaishortnews.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/un-human-rights-body-cautions-thailand-over-amnesty-bill/

http://www.humanrights.asia/news/ahrc-news/AHRC-STM-201-2013

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/human-rights-watch-rejects-proposed-blanket-amnesty-bill/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Amnesty-bill-would-kill-25355-graft-cases-NACC-30218832.html

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90777/8355972.html

http://www.nhrc.or.th/2012/wb/en/news_detail.php?nid=1960&parent_id=1&type=hilight

"6. Agreed. But that simply shows that compromise solutions are often disliked by all parties, which is what makes it "fair"."

Seriously??? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

The group that it favours the most is the Shin dynasty and those who have received no punishment for their action

The group that gets nothing or a least very little is the victim/families and those who have severed part or all of their punishment

Shouldn't the victims at least be given the comfort of honesty so they do not have to listen to all the lies that are told (I am talking about both sides in the conflict)