Where to go for the fastest visa run?

Greetings guys,

I would like to seek advice for a friend of mine who is due for his second visa run.

He first came to Thailand and was granted a 30 day visa on arrival. The day it expires he made a visa run to Cambodia through a visa run service operator near Ekkamai BTS station.

He left at 9.30am from Ekkamai and back in Bangkok at 8.30pm. He was given another 15 days visa and due to expire this Sunday the 20th of April.

His flight out of Bangkok for home is on the 2nd of May thus he need to do another run and the fastest one. Can anyone advice, please?

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He did not get a visa on arrival he got visa exempt entry which is 30 days by air or 15 days by land.

There are some companies that start the border run earlier. But I know of none that can do it in less time.

He could fly out and back and get a 30 day entry.

• Like 2

Your friend has never had and will not get a visa.

What he has been using are visa exempt entries.

Best check around on the internet for the "fastest service" but they will all be limited to the av. speed of the van/bus v distance traveled !

• Like 2

He did not get a visa on arrival he got visa exempt entry which is 30 days by air or 15 days by land.

There are some companies that start the border run earlier. But I know of none that can do it in less time.

He could fly out and back and get a 30 day entry.

Thanks. Yes, he's indeed from a Visa exempted country.

This is the company I've used a few times. Leave BKK 0500 usually back around 1500.

Poi Pet isn't as bad as some say, usually fairly quick using the agent.

http://www.bangkokbuddy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

Thank you, Todd! That's a useful link you sent me. Any idea how to get to Sukhumvit Soi 12 that early? I am unsure if there are taxis in my area during that time. I'm at Bang Sue btw :)

I always take a taxi and the roads around the area are clear at that hour.

I thought the same that taxis would be a problem in my area but not so, just give yourself 10 extra minutes. Check in starts at 0430.

They have a desk set up in the main outside lobby of Sukhumvit Plaza just past the 711 & Soi 12, perhaps 10 metres.

The other option is to check into Tune Hotel the night before which is very close I believe it's around 1000 baht.

Edited by ToddWeston

Ban Phu Nam Ron is much closer and much easier... Myanmar border crossing...near Kanchanaburi..

Any idea how to get there? We checked quite a number of Visa run operators and all of them goes to Cambodia. Thank you!

rolleyes.gif I've used this service for a visa/border run previously.

They do a daily run from Bangkok to a small quiet Cambodian border entry point.

It's basically a day trip .... they start at 06:45 in the morning and it takes about 10 hours to and from the Cambodian border, with a one hour stay at the border.

They start in the parking lot at the Tesco store at On Nut

The service takes care of the paperwork but you need to do the walkthrough to get all the stamps in your passport.

Anyhow go to the site at this URL. All the info is there.

http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

Note: They are not associated with this Thai visa forum .... they just have the same name.

I' have used them before and it is a good trip.

You can read about it in that URL above.

whistling.gif

I used these guys one time. NEVER again.

What was wrong? Let us know.

In a public internet forum I would not give much to such an isolated statement.

Asking same question. I used this sevice a couple of months ago and found it remarkably painless (usual disclaimers). So what went wrong for WhizzBang?

Ban Phu Nam Ron, Kanchanaburi

http://www.thaivisarun.com/index.html

Thanks!

This company is good, but if you are returning to where you were picket up at Ekkami, then you spend a couple of hours going round Bangkok dropping people off, and sitting at traffic lights. I stopped using them because of this.

So, we're back with the 15 day visa exempt (land crossing) shenanigans again ?

No Shenanigans. Only persons from certain countries get 30 days at land crossings. For others it continues to be 15 days as has been true for quite awhile.

• Like 1

Quick and Easy? Fly up to Udon, and then Limo service from airport to Nong Khai Border. One hour on flight (1000 baht) and 45 minute by Limo to the border (500 baht). One hour at the border. Total time 2 hours and forty five minutes. Why not spend a night in Nong Khai or Udon?

Can I please ask why ? I also dislike them. Please PM me if you don't want to share it publicly.

I have used both aforementioned services and both get the job done, but I dislike them both for different reasons. I am looking for another alternative that hopefully will be better. Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted. Thank you.

Can I please ask why ? I also dislike them. Please PM me if you don't want to share it publicly.

I have used both aforementioned services and both get the job done, but I dislike them both for different reasons. I am looking for another alternative that hopefully will be better. Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted. Thank you.

A big thank you to all of you guys from myself and especially from my friend who will be doing his visa run tomorrow.

After going through all the recommendations and checking with the various Visa run operators he had almost made up his mind on which one to take.

Then we met a Japanese expat who has been living here in Bangkok for 10 years and he told us that for the past 2 years he had been using one mode of transport for his visa run via a minivan for all of 500 baht.

He gave us directions to the place (next to Pantip Plaza Ngam Wong Wan). My friend and I are going there now to check it out and if all goes well, I just might go along with my friend to experience it.

Will keep you guys posted!

This is the company I've used a few times. Leave BKK 0500 usually back around 1500.

Poi Pet isn't as bad as some say, usually fairly quick using the agent.

http://www.bangkokbuddy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

^^^^^^^Bangbok Buddy in the Korean Square Sukhumvit 12 is a great service. The drivers are mature and not suicidal. The process is fairly simple but they don't hold your hand so keep an eye on others in your group.

Best to arrive at 04:30 and group at the fountain by Korean Full Moon Bakery.

There is a 24-hour cafe on opposite side of Sukhumvit to get caffeinated.

One stop is made in each direction for bathroom and snack break.

Edited by ClutchClark

I have used both aforementioned services and both get the job done, but I dislike them both for different reasons.

Isn't the purpose of this forum to share these very details for the benefit of all? What could possibly have occurred that needs to remain a secret?

Naming and shaming is not allowed according to the Forum Rules is why they cannot give details.

6) Do not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.