I'm leaving Thailand on day 91, should I do a 90 day report?

I arrived in Thailand on the 27 February, so I think I'm due a 90 day report on 27 May. I'm flying out of Thailand on 28 May for a week.

I believe I should do a 90 day report the day before I leave.

I'm out of the country for a week, and then will be out of the country again at the end of June, so my next report would be towards the end of August, though I'm sure there will be another trip before then.

I haven't needed to do a 90 day report for about 18 months.

I think I that to be safe should report the day before I leave, I would welcome a view.

I went a day late to Sadao (Malaysia) for my 90 report and my wife took me to immigration at the border crossing - I paid 500 baht and then proceeded on to get my stamp. Whether I would have got away with this is unknown but my wife said we should do it the right way and 500 baht is not the end of the world!!

I wouldn't, in that situation. If I know I'll be flying out before I have to do another 90-day, or two, or three, I don't do them. As you know, the 90-days resets when you come back in. Never had any problem at all, no questions asked.

can do the report up to 15 days before, or 7 days after, the due date.

the 91st day is clearly within the "7 days after": his departure will work as 90days report...

I read somewhere that 7 day after, applies only if staying in Thailand.

Why not do it up to 15 days prior and be safe?

The 90 days starts running again from the day you re-enter.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

can do the report up to 15 days before, or 7 days after, the due date.

the 91st day is clearly within the "7 days after": his departure will work as 90days report...

Wrong. Departure is not counted as '90 day report'.

Also if you are in Thailand for 90 consecutive days a report is needed. The 7 days after is a grace period to make that report.

90 day late check is not 2000b. It has been changed to 5000b. Since u r allowed to b late 1 week with no penalty then there is no reason to go the trouble of doing the 90 day check. If u r worried then better safe than sorry but i see absolutely no reason to do it. If u r staying 98 days then yes it must b done. This is only for 90 check. Not for visa overstay

90 day late check is not 2000b. It has been changed to 5000b. Since u r allowed to b late 1 week with no penalty then there is no reason to go the trouble of doing the 90 day check. If u r worried then better safe than sorry but i see absolutely no reason to do it. If u r staying 98 days then yes it must b done. This is only for 90 check. Not for visa overstay

There has been no changes to the fine. The 5000 baht number is the maximum fine. The standard 2000 baht fine is still in effect.

The 7 days is only for making the report not for leaving the country.

I was recently at Suksawat Immigration for my 90 day report and specifically asked the officer about the need to report as I would be leaving Thailand in 96 days. He said, "No need, you have 7 days extra." I do not intend to report before I leave.

I was recently at Suksawat Immigration for my 90 day report and specifically asked the officer about the need to report as I would be leaving Thailand in 96 days. He said, "No need, you have 7 days extra." I do not intend to report before I leave.

This is not the case. There was a miscommunication. Anytime you stay 90 days you MUST report.

However, you are allowed to make that report up to 7 days after the 90 days has elapsed. It does NOT mean that you are allowed to stay 96 days before you are obliged to make a report, or it would be called a 96 day report!

Think of this 7 days as time allowed to pay a bill after it becomes due.

I am sorry, but you know you are breaking the law by not reporting on your 90 day, and you want permission from someone on TV to tell you to do it? Okay, do it. Feel better?

I would do my 90 day report. I just find following the rules to work best.

Edited by stoli

I am sorry, but you know you are breaking the law by not reporting on your 90 day, and you want permission from someone on TV to tell you to do it? Okay, do it. Feel better?

I would do my 90 day report. I just find following the rules to work best.

I'm pretty sure that the OP said that he thought that he should report despite the fact he was leaving the next day, and was seeking clarification from the more experienced members amongst us.

I didn't read his post as saying that he knew he should report and that he was "seeking permission" from TV members to break the law.

Nevertheless thanks very much for your input.

• Like 1