Russian suspected of shoplifting White Rum at Big C North Pattaya

webfact

Congrats to the Pattaya Police for this major arrest. This guy is probably the boss of an international crime ring or a major international terrorism organization. If not, he is Russian, so he is guilty.

Congrats also to the Buri Rum girlfriend...

Congrats also to the Media for this very well taken picture. Sharp, plenty of drama and finger pointing

The best of Thailand in this news.

By the way, what is done to reduce the carnage on the roads? I just would like to take the opportunity of this brilliant, superb victory to remind that 150+ people died on the Thailand roads in 12+ bus accidents for the last 6 months.

I bet they were not drinking cheap rum prior to those accidents either... nor did they feel they had to steal the rum to get drunk enough to kill themselves or others.

As a farang living here in Thailand this man is a disgrace. His passport should be ripped to pieces and he should never be allowed to travel. He makes all foreigners here look bad and distrustful. Personally I like having the freedom of trust which is displayed when i go out. Running tabs for bars and even restaurants. Men like this will ruin it for the rest should it happen more frequently.

Congrats to the Pattaya Police for this major arrest. This guy is probably the boss of an international crime ring or a major international terrorism organization. If not, he is Russian, so he is guilty.

Congrats also to the Media for this very well taken picture. Sharp, plenty of drama and finger pointing

The best of Thailand in this news.

By the way, what is done to reduce the carnage on the roads? I just would like to take the opportunity of this brilliant, superb victory to remind that 150+ people died on the Thailand roads in 12+ bus accidents for the last 6 months.

And congrats to those who couldn't miss an opportunity to poke fun at his misfortune.....it must be wonderful for them being so perfect.

they say a clique is a clique for a reason,,a girl from Burirum who does a runner with all your stuff and Russian looking to get hammered on cheap Booze..the definition of Irony is that his girlfriend will now go to the big C in Burrirum and buy herself some topshelf whisky and drink it with her boyfriend.

a friend of mine works at a small 7eleven... according to what she says they suffer 4 shoplifts per week (average): some thief manage to escape, some is caught in time, slapped, force to apologize and freed after he/she pays the item, the standard price, not the x11...

the booty is most often audio/mobile accessories or cosmetics

no police no media involved...

ah, i forgot, the thieves are thai citizens

What makes a person decide to steal cheap local rum when he could have stolen some decent imported stuff instead? Very odd. If you are going to steal you may as well make it worthwhile.

All together now......."Another Quality Tourist"

The imported booze has anti device locked on top of the bottle.m

That may well be the reason. I just get it from outside Thailand rather than pay the silly prices here (along with chocolate, cheese, bed-linen and just about anything else you can think of).

I love this part :

"Knowing he is likely facing a custodial sentence if he is found guilty of theft in Court, he begged Police to allow him to consume some of the stolen rum as this may be the last rum he will be able to consume for some time.

Even though the items were alleged to have been unlawfully taken, the Police allowed him to drink some of the rum before he was transferred to the Police Cells.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1