Is Truevisions satellite down?

angryfarang

I know it's highly unlikely that it's down, but is anyone having issues with Truevisions this morning?

In the space of an hour, I've had two people call me from two different houses I rent, saying the satellite is not working. It's showing a No Signal error.

Strange this is at two different properties.

Big channel renumbering and additions exercise. Info has been scrolling across bottom of True channels for last 3 weeks or so.

Just switched on and some channels are back (lower numbers). Supposed to be complete by 10:00 hrs.

Now have to relearn where all the channels are.

• Like 1

They anounced it all over the place: they are re-numbering their channels and service should be back at 10 am this morning.

And any one from OZ U will be pleased to know Aust Channel 125 , well U might not be pleased , anyway, it's their if U wanna watch it.

I just tried for OZ channel 125 got SFA, checked the channels selection the only thing I can say in True visions defence , Oh dear.

Are you on satellite ?

Channels that are marked with * such as Aus Tv are only available on cable .

Edit.... have not checked after re numbering but it was there yesterday.

Edited by ThaidDown
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just tried for OZ channel 125 got SFA, checked the channels selection the only thing I can say in True visions defence , Oh dear.

Are you on satellite ?

Channels that are marked with * such as Aus Tv are only available on cable .

Edit.... have not checked after re numbering but it was there yesterday.

Yeah just found out up their A!!!e

Here's the new numbering.

Gosh, this sure seems like a messed-up channel line up especially for Thai's which is probably 95% of TrueVisions customers, like not having all the main channels Ch 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, etc. lumped side by side.. And where did Channel 9 (Modernine) go?

Now I'm on cable (CATV) versus satellite (DSTV) and the channel lineup don't match above...it's pretty close but a little different. I know most of the new digital channels are not available yet for CATV users as that was in the True announcement, but supposedly coming soon....whatever "soon" means in the Thai language.

I've also found out that for the cable CATV boxes that being able to enter the setup routine/software reload by rebooting the box and immediately entering code 2485 don't work anymore. But I will repeat I think the channel lineup for Thais is not a good one....my one each Thai wife totally agrees.

I've also found out that for the cable CATV boxes that being able to enter the setup routine/software reload by rebooting the box and immediately entering code 2485 don't work anymore. But I will repeat I think the channel lineup for Thais is not a good one....my one each Thai wife totally agrees.

FYI ref program reload, still working on satellite. Do not see any updated components though.

Maybe temporarily stopped on DOCSIS or not yet removed from satellite..... or something else.!

Gosh, this sure seems like a messed-up channel line up especially for Thai's which is probably 95% of TrueVisions customers, like not having all the main channels Ch 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, etc. lumped side by side.. And where did Channel 9 (Modernine) go?

Now I'm on cable (CATV) versus satellite (DSTV) and the channel lineup don't match above...it's pretty close but a little different. I know most of the new digital channels are not available yet for CATV users as that was in the True announcement, but supposedly coming soon....whatever "soon" means in the Thai language.

OK, found Ch 9 (MCOT) is on CATV channel 16.

Not found Ch9 on satellite, really miffed Wifey :(

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Channel 40 and 24 on mine for Mcot , they have 689 channels and ten are only worth watching

It's not good for farang either. One of my dogs is watching me pull out my hair and she is mouthing the words, &lt;deleted&gt;!!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks for the TV guide printed out and everyone is happy, except for Oz channel now streaming AFL from OZ through Telstra.

Thanks for the TV guide printed out and everyone is happy, except for Oz channel now streaming AFL from OZ through Telstra.

I am so happy that my channel selector skips to 199 and then rinse and repeat. Everything in between is gone. So much for us as long time Platinum customers. I have never seen things on True this screwed up and I have 3 connections.

• Like 1

@ Crossy On satellite, Thai ch 9 , for me, on True 16 (as per Pib on cable). Hope same for you , 'miffed wifeys' can be dangerous !

@ Pib, on satellite channel list does not match reality either. (eg news channels)

Edited by Crossy
fixed channel number

@ Crossy On satellite, Thai ch 9 , for me, on True 16 (as per Pib on cable). Hope same for you , 'miffed wifeys' can be dangerous !

@TD cheers, will check when I get home, she missed her fix of the Farm Channel at 05.00 this morning.

@ Crossy On satellite, Thai ch 9 , for me, on True 165 (as per Pib on cable). Hope same for you , 'miffed wifeys' can be dangerous !

@ Pib, on satellite channel list does not match reality either. (eg news channels)

Too late to edit.. correcting own post Thai ch 9 on true ch 16 (as per pib previously.

It's a mess. I talked to one of the customer service people and he said I was the only one whose channels skipped from 47 to 199 and then back to 1. I told him that wasn't possible and then he said I was the only farang other than thousands of Thai's with the same complaint.

I rest my case.

• Like 1

@TD cheers, will check when I get home, she missed her fix of the Farm Channel at 05.00 this morning.

Seems to be working, acid test tomorrow for the Farm Channel, MCOT HD is working on Ch40 too.

I am so happy that my channel selector skips to 199 and then rinse and repeat. Everything in between is gone. So much for us as long time Platinum customers. I have never seen things on True this screwed up and I have 3 connections.

It must be something to do with your box or dish. I'm a Platinum subscriber and all my channels are working.

Anyone know what Channel BBC Entertainment is on now?

Channel 354

I have TrueVisions Platinum via cable, and I have a new numbering scheme, but it is not exactly like the one posted up-thread.

Is there a similar listing for cable subscribers?

Should cable subscribers expect, at some point, the same channel availability by package?

In general, and after a quick review - again with a Platinum package, it seems like there are more total channels, more HD channels but still a few missing, like ASN2 HD.