Truevisions renumbering

Rorri

Some are now classified as "A La Carte" eg old number 64 BBC Entertainment, is NOT on the new Platinum List, but is in fact ch 354 you need to download my excel sheets.

BBC Entertainment has always been a premium 'add on' channel, it was never part of the Platinum line up (since it was reintroduced a couple of years ago).

I really don't understand how you think it has been renamed or deleted... as you say, it's on Ch 354 (and named correctly)

totster smile.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a technician I ask why was this renumbering necessary ...

As was mentioned in the several other threads running on the same topic, the numbering now puts programs in common groupings and allows for adding to them without, hopefully, further renumbering. While it would have been nice to have done this earlier, rather than lumping the HD channels together without regard to type of program, it does make sense.

"As a technician ..."

bad_a-c_repair-285x300.png    Dental? Air conditioning? 

"I hope, but do not expect, a reasonable reply, if any."

Well, at least you can take comfort in knowing displays of unwarranted pomposity will cause a lot of laughter.

Channel renumbering is akin to supermarket isle reordering. Nothing to do with logic or necessity, more to do with hoping you'll browse past and buy/watch something that you normally wouldn't.

"Channel renumbering is akin to supermarket isle reordering."

090505-033131-308010.jpg    Supermarket isles. An interesting marketing concept.

"Nothing to do with logic ..."

If you think the way things are organized in supermarkets has nothing to do with a well thought out & researched logic, you are indeed wonderfully naive.

Channel renumbering is akin to supermarket isle reordering. Nothing to do with logic or necessity, more to do with hoping you'll browse past and buy/watch something that you normally wouldn't.

"Channel renumbering is akin to supermarket isle reordering."

090505-033131-308010.jpg    Supermarket isles. An interesting marketing concept.

"Nothing to do with logic ..."

If you think the way things are organized in supermarkets has nothing to do with a well thought out & researched logic, you are indeed wonderfully naive.

OK Mr clever pants who knows how to spell every single word in the dictionary....Supermarket Aisles...I was phonetically correct, sorry for my dyslexia. Firefox spelling correction let me down.

If it was logical to put fresh milk near to tetra packed milk ten years ago why is it not logical today? Logic has little to do with it. Money making is the name of the game.

Replying to my own quote.....should have looked more closely at the new channel list. News starts at ch 111, Films at 222 ....Cartoon s at 444.....and Sport at 666.

That looks about right. Most women know sports in excess (numerous channels, etc) are evil.

You didn't ask a question, so why do you expect a reply? They're not obligated to respond to every know-it-all who emails some criticism. There were probably lots of those. You likely closed the door to a reply when you used the word "stupid." That was harsh. Now, maybe you know what you're talking about, but from one little email, they have no way of knowing that. They pay people to do this work (including marketing people who make up specious reasons), so you can't really expect them to drop everything because some random stranger sends a rude, critical email. 

I agree the "testing" story doesn't add up, but I think I will like the new numbering system. There's logic in the way the channels are organized now, and the scroll at the bottom of the screen that explains the new numbering was very helpful.

Before retirement, I had a career in IT at a major American university. We were very meticulous about separating development, test, and production environments, to the point of not allowing them to mix on any server. This is why I agree with you that True's story doesn't add up.

Personally if they had to change the number sequences they should have grouped the channels by language

as well as subjects, news, sports, movies, etc...thumbsup.gif For now I am totally lost, ( I don't have a printer for the channel list) bah.gif

Under the old system users were able to "skip" channels not often viewed. Is there a way to do this with the HD box? If not, is there a way to retain "favorites" without clicking on "All Channels" first and then having to click again to get "favorites" and yet one more click to have the menu display all of your favorites?

Wish that I hadn't paid the yearly subscription to True. Too much hassle, so many repeats, series just disappearing, contracts such as sports lost and new things that I don't want appear in place. Maybe TV ala cable is old tech lifestyle. PirateBay downloads have filled my hard drive for ease of viewing, online BBC, Al Jazeera etc for news. The hell with the difficulties from True and I welcome the savings too.

• Like 1

Ok OK I just get  used to the last renumbering and start to remember the channels when they do a renumbering again MORONS.

But the thing that bothers me is the insensant Scrolling at the bottom of the TV. OK OK OK I Know their is renumbering that is coming and has been completed STOP THE SCROLLING

I am watching entertainment. BUT no more scrolling STOP  STOP STOP STOP IT

TRUE IS BOGUS

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Under the old system users were able to "skip" channels not often viewed. Is there a way to do this with the HD box? If not, is there a way to retain "favorites" without clicking on "All Channels" first and then having to click again to get "favorites" and yet one more click to have the menu display all of your favorites?

I would also like to know if is now possible to "skip" channels not often viewed, and if yes, how to do it. Anybody?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would also like to know if is now possible to "skip" channels not often viewed, and if yes, how to do it. Anybody?

I am totally confused what the channel numbers you guys are referring to.

I get my supply from a common supply that feeds into all the condos where I live and hence I have no box to act upon - Hence I used the functions on the remote >Menu>Setup>Auto Tune -> And I end up with numbers 1 to 28 filled with the channels. 

I have now lost movies Channel and KBS world and now http://www.foxtvasia.com/Programmes/NCIS/Guide is dubbed in Thai language where before it was English (American) - But I have no clue how I can do anything other than auto tune from the remote control - Since there are a couple of experts in this thread so I know I am in good hands when I ask this question!

I am totally confused what the channel numbers you guys are referring to.

I get my supply from a common supply that feeds into all the condos where I live and hence I have no box to act upon - Hence I used the functions on the remote >Menu>Setup>Auto Tune -> And I end up with numbers 1 to 28 filled with the channels. 

I have now lost movies Channel and KBS world and now http://www.foxtvasia.com/Programmes/NCIS/Guide is dubbed in Thai language where before it was English (American) - But I have no clue how I can do anything other than auto tune from the remote control - Since there are a couple of experts in this thread so I know I am in good hands when I ask this question!

I would imagine the people/person responsible for the common feed has not updated their equipment to show the correct channels after the renumbering. Possibly the same reason for the Thai language, needs to be set back to English.

My advice, contact them to get it sorted.

totster smile.png
  • Like 1

Having to key in 3 digits is a bit of a nuisance...since few people actually have 689 channels - maybe no one.  I sure hope True figures out a way to allow customers to eliminate all useless channels, i.e. channels that a subscriber did not purchase or channels that a paying customer choses not to EVER watch.

• Like 1

Two annoying issues:

Can't open to favorites section directly in guide.
50% + of all items in guide state "No information available". I have to tune the channel to find out what's on currently and next up.

Anyone else having same issues? Any solutions?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

Totster, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:45, said:

Rorri, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:

Some are now classified as "A La Carte" eg old number 64 BBC Entertainment, is NOT on the new Platinum List, but is in fact ch 354 you need to download my excel sheets.

BBC Entertainment has always been a premium 'add on' channel, it was never part of the Platinum line up (since it was reintroduced a couple of years ago).

I really don't understand how you think it has been renamed or deleted... as you say, it's on Ch 354 (and named correctly)

totster smile.png

Well totster, that's strange, because I had a look at the old channel listing for the "Platinum" package, and it clearly shows ch 64 BBC Entertainment...no mention of "add on," so why is it now missing and classified as A La Carte.

weegee, on 23 Apr 2014 - 15:55, said:

Rorri....was the movie you wanted to watch last night ok?....or was it over by the time you found the right channel.....biggrin.png ...mine was.

No, I had my spreadsheet close by, but it's annoying to have to reach for my glasses every time I want to change channels.

Suradit69, on 24 Apr 2014 - 09:21, said:

QuoteAs a technician I ask why was this renumbering necessary ...

As was mentioned in the several other threads running on the same topic, the numbering now puts programs in common groupings and allows for adding to them without, hopefully, further renumbering. While it would have been nice to have done this earlier, rather than lumping the HD channels together without regard to type of program, it does make sense.

"As a technician ..."

bad_a-c_repair-285x300.png    Dental? Air conditioning? 

"I hope, but do not expect, a reasonable reply, if any."

Well, at least you can take comfort in knowing displays of unwarranted pomposity will cause a lot of laughter.

Why did they lump non-English movies between English ones i.e. 232 -238.. would have made more sense to put them either before or after.

Well totster, that's strange, because I had a look at the old channel listing for the "Platinum" package, and it clearly shows ch 64 BBC Entertainment...no mention of "add on," so why is it now missing and classified as A La Carte.

I always remember seeing it 'greyed out' on the guide, but I assure you, it was never included in platinum or other packages, it had to be purchased as an add on (A La Carte if it pleases you).

Hey, I even found the original article - http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=192

totster smile.png

realenglish1, on 24 Apr 2014 - 12:36, said:

Ok OK I just get  used to the last renumbering and start to remember the channels when they do a renumbering again MORONS.

But the thing that bothers me is the insensant Scrolling at the bottom of the TV. OK OK OK I Know their is renumbering that is coming and has been completed STOP THE SCROLLING

I am watching entertainment. BUT no more scrolling STOP  STOP STOP STOP IT

TRUE IS BOGUS

I think we will see another re-numbering when they realise that the new ch's 14 - 112 will need to be "categorised" as now they are a hog posh of mixed categories.

Maybe there are many reasons that the new channel numbering system needs to be adopted and a 10 hour window is required to have the work done. It is hard to judge if they are appropriate without all the background information in the process. I am not in the industry so I would accept it. Unfortunately, as a customer, I really feel (once again) that I am on my own to survive an(other) event. Such sophisticated numbering system could not be just the results of an overtime meeting or an overnight project; they knew which channel would be converted to which new channel days and weeks before but no helpful information FOR the users was provided to the users. A simple conversion chart of old and new channels as hard copy in their monthly TV guide or as pdf on their homepage for downloading could have saved them from many complaints and time to deal with these complaints (such as phone calls).

One may think this is simply just another example of "users are left out in the planning" and foreigners are complaining again. Frankly speaking, I never expect things be the same here in Thailand as back home, however, just spending a little bit more time and have a bit empathy towards the users - sharing information and communicating a bit more effectively - can make their hard work valued and outcome better. ...or the Airport Rail Link train maintenance may not take one year (http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/404386/rail-link-s-phaya-thai-line-suspended) ...... the wireless electricity is coming soon in Bangkok (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/715463-wireless-electricity-to-be-launched-in-bangkok/ )....

Does history really repeat itself? I hope not.

transam, on 24 Apr 2014 - 14:39, said:

I have lost Explore 2 and 3, the few channels I watch...........They are there but no transmission..........sad.png

They should be on Ch's 560 and 561, if not down power your box, wait 60 sec's, then repower, if that fails call True. It's possible your dish may be slightly out of line, it happened to mine a few weeks back after a storm, some ch's worked others didn't, a ladder, a spanner, and 5 minutes fixed it.