Fatal Bangkok crash: Teenager sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for reckless driving

webfact

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that sell drugs and get a long harsh sentence.

A little <deleted> kills 9 people and gets ... W.T.Hoot?

I really do hope this goes international and a scene is made, so that little brat gets her just rewards!

How much did this cost the family? Seriously, killed 9 and walks. Thai justice, payoff style.

Thailand and justice should never be used in the same sentence.

On the other hand, this country has the best justice that money can buy.

Edited by pisico

amerasian

I'm horrified by your post. I remember all of this at the time. Even then she wasn't too worried abut it all. What are you talking about.......'mental anguish'. Appealing about the 'sentence'. I don't care whether she is Thai, Buddhist or what. Her behaviour was/is disgraceful.

• Like 1

The prison term, however, was commuted to four year probation instead with 48 hours of charity working for one year.

Thank you daddy for paying for this.

Daddy, iphone 6 will be out in July I need that.

That is right, all these rich teenager, who received the fortunes from the careless parents who spoiled their children, they seem to not care or considerate about people 's life and safety. All they want, jump in the car and drive as fast as they can while they doing the text on the phone. She should be sent to look after the disable people from the road accident.

Around the world rich people's kids get away. It's the way of the world. It's not just here.

name the developed countries where it is the"way of the world"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I think the mental anguish this young lady will carry with her for the rest of her life. Is sufficient punishment. Past is past. No reason to destroy her life, even more than it is. Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

The victims all westerners were they?

I have not read all comments, but each must think about: she was a girl of 16, that means, girls are normally not aggressive drivers. She phoned, that means, this is not criminal, but not aloud by car driving. The accident is terrible, caused by her, but in her brain was nothing criminal. How many people phone in car. But here was a very, heavy fate. Terrible. 9 dead. But to destroy a young girl completely would be also criminal. The USA is a democratic state with inhuman practice in many kinds of facts.

It's a schizophrenic society, so religious but kill the people like they want. They have punishment by poison, what is not certificated by law. They kill people after 20 years and more after imprisoment, waiting for their dead. This is murder of the state, double and more. And, maybe was an error of justic, like some month ago, after 20 years. They pay only for 10 years. This is for to laugh by a devil. They have torture, Guantanamo, they kill by drones private persons en masse, they make wars by lies.

In Europe a teenager has special laws, in USA isn't the same.

Please, USA: NSA, Wikileads, Snowden.

I hate this kind of falseness by argues.

I think the mental anguish this young lady will carry with her for the rest of her life. Is sufficient punishment. Past is past. No reason to destroy her life, even more than it is. Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

I think you would feel a lot different if the shoe was on the other foot my friend

Its far too easy to talk like this in retrospect

I Remember seeing this accident on the expressway and i have seen some bad accidents But This Crash Was Horrendous

Wow... that will really show her!!! No mercy here in Thailand.

Be an unlicensed teenage driver driving in the early morning hours alone, talking on your mobile phone, crash into a van and kill 9 people.

You'd better be prepared to have the full weight of the Thai Justice system come down on your head... whistling.gif

But seriously, she probably was hacked off about the restriction of not being able to drive until age 25. Now that's a real killer!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

A sentence of 48 hours charity working spread over one year and a driving ban for the next 4 to 5 years.

Sadly, there will be no justice for the victims and their families.

It was probably decided right from the very beginning that this girl and neither her parents were going to receive a prison sentence at all costs. This is about as unjust as can be?

Thailand justice at its best for punishment for killing 9, they will soon clean up the bad image they have regarding road deaths now with such tough punishment 48hrs community service a harsh warning to all drivers on Thai roads, lucky she was not making a longer mobile call and more people killed then she might have acquired a gruelling life shattering 50hrs hospital community service. It’s all totally Unbelievable.

Mr. MBK will be quietly wetting himself with laughter.

Wouldn't be too sure about that.

In the past, these cases weren't even brought to court, and there were less details (if any) on the news and social media.

Doesn't mean they don't get away with it, but it isn't as trivial as it used to be.

The public eye back on such things, comes at a bad time for him.

Besides holding...odd...views on human nature and some misguided notions about morality in Thailand - how do you suppose the case would have gone if the girl's family's social status wasn't as high?

Tell me she isn't driving for a while.

She will be back on the road tomorrow; driving under an assumed identity with a licence from another country, or not. Does it really matter here?

As she drove without a license before, nothing to say she wouldn't do so again. Not as if she got an intimidating punishment, and guess her moral of the story is that Daddy can make it all go away. Wonder how the police and the courts would handle such a situation.

...is that all that 9 lives are worth these days....???

....God forbid those 48 hours community work eat into her social life.....

They should have cut her Facebook and Line access.....that would have really shown her the error of her ways.

Judging from the wife's facebook and her coven's topic of shrill chatter coming in from the garden about this topic, I don't think the Thai people are going to let this nonsense happen for much longer....

Love your subtle message.