David Moyes: Manchester United manager sacked by club

webfact

David Moyes: Manchester United manager sacked by club

Manchester United manager David Moyes has been sacked, only 10 months after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

The club had previously refused to comment on national newspaper reports on Monday that Moyes would be dismissed before the end of the season.

Moyes, 50, was chosen by Ferguson as the man to succeed him when he retired after 26 years in charge last summer.

Moyes left Everton to sign a six-year deal with the Premier League champions.

In a statement the club said it "would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27107795

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-04-22

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that much of a surprise really, not when you consider that most Premier League managers are lucky to last 10 months, and of course given Utd's dreadful form this season.

More surprising was the way the rumors about Moyes' sacking were leaking out of the club last night. That certainly wouldn't have happened when Ferguson was in charge.

Louis Van Gaal will take over there, you watch

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 2

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Manchester United sack manager Moyes

Manchester United announced Tuesday that David Moyes has left the club after less than one season in charge.

In a statement on their website, United said they: "would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role".

Reports in almost all of the UK newspapers on Tuesday morning had said the Scot would be sacked, after failing to secure a place in next season’s Champions League. United are seventh in the Premier League and on course for their worst finish since 1990-1991.

Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal is the bookmakers’ favourite to take the job at the end of the season. Newspapers reported that United midfielder Ryan Giggs could take charge of the team until the end of the season.

Former Everton manager Moyes had been hand-picked by his predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson as the man to maintain United’s place at the top of the game.

But from being champions last May, they have struggled throughout and defeat by Everton on Sunday was the last straw. Moyes was also criticised for his lack of action in the transfer market.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-22

So Matt Busby recently retired, United have just sacked his replacement Wilf McGuinness, so it’s Crystal Ball time again…

I see Matt Busby returning followed by 2 strangers, a trip over a precipice, then another stranger until a messiah arrives in 16 years time from now…

Sorry!

I’m BITTERly disappointed. Clearly our “Don’t Sack Moyes” campaign was sabotaged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609744/Manchester-City-fans-plead-United-not-sack-David-Moyes-Etihad-Stadium.html

Who’s with me to get him reinstated with a “Moyes In” Campaign?

As a Chelsea fan I'm well in favor of reinstating Moyes - he was great.

The one thing I like to see (apart from Chelsea winning) is to see Man U do really badly.

Thanks Moyes for a great season!!

He was doing a sterling job, what a pity.

I would have trusted him for a least another season!thumbsup.gif

How would you know he was doing a sterling job with FIFA refs and corrupt goalies winning and losing the games on script?

Soccer has never been much of a game for men anyway, unless of course you find it interesting to watch paint dry.

Edited by unanimosity

van gaal the fav backed from3/1 this morning to evens now. if he gets the job not have much to prepare for next season as he's tied up preparing dutch squad for world cup.van gaal linked to spurs job maybe why man u acted quickly.

If Malky Makay is jobless he'd be worth looking at (young & Scottish). Failing that how about the boy Clough?

It wouldn't suprize me if Mourinho took the job at the end of this season & gave Fergie a run for his money.

Edited by evadgib

I Don't know why they're messing about with Giggs/Neville. Surely it would be best to get in a new man ASAP so he can get a feel for the job and see what needs doing over the Summer so we are avoiding the fiascos of last Summer.

Because it's important to raise the morale of the fans and keep the money they bring coming in. In turn Happy fans will ease the pressure on the new manager when he arrives.