To the Farang, I met in Tesco.

Costas2008

Yes that is the problem starting a beer or bier club when most guys live in Thailand. We all know the selection is limited there which is a little sad.

Perhaps some bars stock some great drops?

Is there a bottle shop in Bkk with a wide range of imported beers? Well there should be.

Anyhow, I will start a club up in the pub section soon for anyone interested. A place to suggest and critique beers from around the world.

Do you think I use too much fabric softener in my laundry

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720701-gay-in-a-box-ask-a-gay-any-question-one-answer-only-by-one-gay/

If he's no help, I can ask my wife on your behalf.

Edited by krisb

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in New York City's Central Park in the late 70's walking down the West Drive which was closed on a Sunday. There was a guy there sitting on a bench with his wife and young son. I said Hello! although I never stopped walking and he gave a big smile and Hello! back.

The guy was John Lennon with Yoko and a young Sean.

He isn't smiling anymore...

Wrong...He is grinning ear to ear....Imagine that!

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Not exactly "Mr Current Affairs" are you ?

Yes, to you, Sir. This morning at Tesco, Khon Kaen. I said to you, Hello, and you, not only ignored me, but you turned your face the other way. At the same time your Thai wife/gf, waied and smiled at me. Just want to tell you, You are a Miserable git.

Sir I am so sorry about this.

There seems to be a confusion. I was polity returning your greetings yesterday in Khon Kaen in the traditional Bulgarian manner by turning my head sidewards in an approving way.

Wishing you a pleasant day!

Glad he wasn't saying hello to a baboon, otherwise the OP would have see his a**! wub.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't there an old saying:," beware of Greeks trying to engage in conversation in the supermarket"?

Seems there is now...............coffee1.gif

tongue.png

• Like 2

I was in New York City's Central Park in the late 70's walking down the West Drive which was closed on a Sunday. There was a guy there sitting on a bench with his wife and young son. I said Hello! although I never stopped walking and he gave a big smile and Hello! back.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Actually, I a a pretty current guy!

I do believe John is currently smiling.

Neither John or I are people who believe you get only one life before you are condemned to an eternity in Heaven ...or Hell.

He wasn't superstitious.." Imagine there is no Heaven"

A few bullets couldn't put a stop to such a strong spirit.

He is still smiling!post-147745-0-71885600-1398404985_thumb.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Actually, I a a pretty current guy!

I do believe John is currently smiling.

Neither John or I are people who believe you get only one life before you are condemned to an eternity in Heaven ...or Hell.

He wasn't superstitious.." Imagine there is no Heaven"

A few bullets couldn't put a stop to such a strong spirit.

He is still smiling!attachicon.gifimages.jpg

With his bank account, I would smile all day long. And night!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Perhaps the faraang did not understand the language in which he was addressed? Italians could speak to me all day long and I'd have no clue what they were saying.

Jennifer, In which language "Hello" is not understandable?

Well, I do know that an English guy from a farming town somewhere spoke to me - at length - in Ireland and I had no idea he was speaking English at all for quite a while! I did get the word "farm" and "bird" out of about 2 full minutes of speech. It was very awkward when his Londoner friend pointed out that I clearly had no idea what he was on about.

I see that same glaze-in-the-eye here in Japan, and it only bothers me when the one snubbing me is tall, good looking and built well! That hurts!
But I have another theory to offer you; maybe these people are wrapped up in their own personal mental at the time? I know plenty of people who completely lack social skills and the thought of an impromptu conversation with a stranger is too much. Or they may think, "Oh, friendly person! Probably wants something from me!"

I never say hello to strangers unless I want something. I may only want a greeting in return. But sometimes I want them to get naked and rub all over me! They will never know, unless they return my greeting!

• 2 weeks later...

Manners cost nothing ! If someone acknowledges you no matter what their race , color or whatever, it is only common courtesy to respond, to ignore them is just plain rude, a smile crosses ALL language barriers too so there is no excuse.

IMHO.

I rather say hello to a smiley kind Thai than to lemon face anry looking falang,

I guess if there were only 2 farangs here - I might be compelled to try to say hello but in reality you can't go near any major street here without seeing many at a time.

Hardly a novelty.

Imagine getting on the skytrain and seeing all the farangs and try nodding your head to recognize each of their presence. Easier bobbing for apples.

With your 15,000 plus posts you cannot have failed to notice that this topic appears with some regularity.

The whole point is the farangs attitude to others in places where they are not an everyday sight (although to be fair they are hardly unusual in Khon Kaen).

Therefore your comment about the Skytrain is gormless to say the least, if not actively disingenuous.

• Like 1

Perhaps the faraang did not understand the language in which he was addressed? Italians could speak to me all day long and I'd have no clue what they were saying.

Another gormless, disingenuous comment, Italians are a small minority of farang in Thailand as a whole let alone Khon Kaen.

Pointless and irrelevant Jennifer.

• Like 1

Another reason I'm packing up. Outside of the working expats (mostly stationed in BKK), many of the foreigners here are here for a reason: nobody back home liked them. Many have emotional issues. It's amazing they could travel someplace as far away as Thailand, with so much baggage.

Here in Rhek Thum, there is one other westerner, native English speaker. He never even makes eye contact, though I always smile and say hello.

Yesterday I'm in a restaurant and his wife drops him off. When he saw me he almost ran back out. But the wife was off down the road (as fast as possible, I might add.) He took a circuitous route to a table next to the bathroom, and ate lonely.

Now I'm hoping he never wants to talk to me.

My suggestion is in the future be more intelligent about who you hit on. The guy was with a Thai girl, it should be obvious he isnt gay and isnt going to appreciate your flirting.

Anyway don't be disheartened so quickly.

If you're really that desperate to hook up with a western man, I have a few gay colleagues who would be happy to meet you, assuming you're really greek.

you bloody plonker, I come here to tesco to get sum grub and you look away from my beautiful eyes and my yellow teeth. You git, just saying howdy maite would made my bits and bobs, so now I am eating my fish and chips and puddin' and feel sad because you dipstick did not say howdy to me wai2.gif

• Like 1

Another reason I'm packing up. Outside of the working expats (mostly stationed in BKK), many of the foreigners here are here for a reason: nobody back home liked them. Many have emotional issues. It's amazing they could travel someplace as far away as Thailand, with so much baggage.

Here in Rhek Thum, there is one other westerner, native English speaker. He never even makes eye contact, though I always smile and say hello.

Yesterday I'm in a restaurant and his wife drops him off. When he saw me he almost ran back out. But the wife was off down the road (as fast as possible, I might add.) He took a circuitous route to a table next to the bathroom, and ate lonely.

Now I'm hoping he never wants to talk to me.

you are right, also they like to &lt;deleted&gt; young women, something that does not happen back at home

• 4 months later...

There is another thread about farangs snubbing other farangs.

I guess the threat of not being unique is just too much. Somebody said it right..it takes away from the "Thai Experience".

They would not smile back or nod at you in New York either...if that helps.

Not a good example.

In New York 80% are farangs and you don't go around saying Hello to everybody.

In Thailand, may be there is an 1% of farangs and it doesn't hurt to acknowledge a courtesy.

@ Costas... Never know. The guy might have been hungover or had indigestion, or most likely ate some som-tam that was too spicy the night before & was in desperate need of finding the Hong-Nam.

Yikes, I'd forgotten all about this thread.

I think the OP's got classic Goldilocks Syndrome . . . too much acknowledgement from Thais in the stores, not enough from farangs in Tesco.

Wouldn't he just be happier if he packed up his wife and his step-kids and headed back to Greece?

One in tesco here tried to crack onto my missus.....

Two tried to crack onto her at the zoo the other day.....made her uncomfortable and she said hurry lets go.

Mind your own business you pervs.

Your misses is obviously a cracker then, let's all be the judge of that, mug shot please. Chill

Yeah he is decomposing cheesy.gif

There is another thread about farangs snubbing other farangs.

I guess the threat of not being unique is just too much. Somebody said it right..it takes away from the "Thai Experience".

They would not smile back or nod at you in New York either...if that helps.

Not a good example.

In New York 80% are farangs and you don't go around saying Hello to everybody.

In Thailand, may be there is an 1% of farangs and it doesn't hurt to acknowledge a courtesy.

some people make judgements based on first impressions of a persons "look" or appearance. perhaps he is one of them