Falang taking picture of my house today?

jmccarty

Frightened my wife and wish she could have got a better picture of this guy taking a picture or videoing our house today in Nongprue. Picture was through a window screen so can't make out much detail.

Anyone any idea what he could be up to?

Property agent?

post-100328-0-71164000-1398257602_thumb.

She did get his plate number ...... White Toyota Altis.

We don't own it and last time the owner sent someone around to look at it, he called in advance.

Edited by Rimmer
No need to show the number

Perhaps it's a detective checking up on your wife, who has been lying to another man.

I guess you'll find out soon enough. thumbsup.gif

Though, it's probably just some bloke who likes your house, or something outside of it.

I find a lot of people lack any kind of manners and respect when it comes to cameras. Happens all the time, idiots walking along with a video, idiots taking your photo directly, idiots expecting you to wait or walk around as they take ages taking a picture of their idiot friends making the usual idiot V sign....and idiots taking a picture of their house.

So probably just a disrespectful idiot with a camera.

Could also have been an agent, could also have been the owners' friend, but doubt it was a detective as they would be playing the Sherlock Holmes game and trying to be discreet by staying inside the car. Next time tell them to delete the picture and ask in future. Grab their camera and smash it if they don't cooperate.

Next time tell them to delete the picture and ask in future. Grab their camera and smash it if they don't cooperate.

Destroying private property would be a criminal or civil act at least plus could be considered assault. Laws on photography allow photographing from a public area but with the 'reasonable' expectation of privacy. That means trying to photograph someone in the bedroom, even if from a public area, would be an invasion of privacy and actionable. Photographing a house from the street would not or Google would have millions of law suits pending. smile.png

I would guess it is simply someone interested in the house.

I find a lot of people lack any kind of manners and respect when it comes to cameras. Happens all the time, idiots walking along with a video, idiots taking your photo directly, idiots expecting you to wait or walk around as they take ages taking a picture of their idiot friends making the usual idiot V sign....and idiots taking a picture of their house.

You must have been following my recent idiotic behaviour

Could also have been an agent, could also have been the owners' friend, but doubt it was a detective as they would be playing the Sherlock Holmes game and trying to be discreet by staying inside the car. Next time tell them to delete the picture and ask in future. Grab their camera and smash it if they don't cooperate.

Your first paragraph is so true. I've found myself on 27 videos on youtube depicting Walking Street and I've only been there (gulp) once. facepalm.gif

To the OP - had our house photographed several times without notice by real estate agents, a bank (the owner was seeking finance), and also when I bought a car on credit the company came to photograph the house. It does seem odd that it was a Falang though, unless he was a real estate agent. I've always confronted the picture takers to establish who they are and had no problems - they're always quick to show a business card.

Yeah, good idea. Tell him to delete the pic, and if he refuses, then assault him! You may end up getting a free accommodation

for that.

So he is taking a pic of a house you live in, but dont own. Anyone can take pics of houses, and if it isnt even your house, I sure wouldnt bother asking a forum about it. Dont worry, you will be notified when its sold.

As he has got out of the rear of the car i would suggest its an agent showing a buyer around and he wanted a photo to remember which it was or to show his wife

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When I was home-hunting last summer, I took pictures inside plenty of villages so I could add to my initial list as a reminder and also share with the wife who was up country. I have also been known to stop and take pictures if a house has a feature that I like, be it the gate, awning, a well designed extension or a pretty garden. I wouldn't normally ask for permission but if I saw someone outside the house, in the drive or garden for example, I would certainly introduce myself and ask first.

However, most people tend to lurk behind the fly screens urging their wives to take pictures. I think they are called 'curtain twitchers' in the UK.

Probably was an agent. The owner said he is not actively trying to sell it. I would have gone out and asked what he was up to but was not here.

The wife only had time to take one shot and he was back in his car and gone.

This is a gated estate and the security guy new and clueless. Security do have instructions to tell people not to take photos of the houses on the estate. Typical low wage worker though!

Not too worried really, just thought it odd and thought I would ask if anyone else gets this much?

Frightened my wife and wish she could have got a better picture of this guy taking a picture or videoing our house today in Nongprue. Picture was through a window screen so can't make out much detail.

Anyone any idea what he could be up to?

Property agent?

Would you feel better if it were an asian or a black guy?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You didn't use "idiot" when referring to agent?