How would you act in this situaton?

Somayaa

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do i post here? :)

Why not? That is free, easy and i can get good advices for my travelling and future.

As i said here is many experienced peoples who can give good advices. Like this what amykat write, i think that was good reading for me.

There is also other forums, but i think that is one of the most diverse. Maybe its useless answer to you scarpolo, but i still answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spend 300 euros for vaccinations :/

Spend alot less by getting vaccinations in BKK upon arrival.

Go to the Travel clinic at the Red Cross Building in the Snake Farm complex. Its the building directly in front of the small lake.

All vaccinations, including Rabies will cost you less than 80 Euros and take much health risk away from your future adventures.

Good luck mate. Adventure awaits.

Do not goto Australia ...... Expensive boring place and women are harder to get plus uglier . why would you work wanna work with that much money anyway why not just chillout around Indochina . hot chicks cheap moto rental cheap everything and not so thrashed tourist wise like thailand. Just have sex for free with Asian Girls and eat cheap food and work for food and hotel in snookyville islands you won't spend more than 10 bucks a day.

Another priceless gem from you,i must say i really enjoy your posts tingtong.

I would shorten my travel plans by half.

at least.

but thats just me.

best advice i can give you is to ask your question on a board that is curmudgeon free, ie not here.

hit up couchsurfing.com

Edited by HooHaa

I would shorten my travel plans by half.

at least.

but thats just me.

best advice i can give you is to ask your question on a board that is curmudgeon free, ie not here.

hit up couchsurfing.com

Good advice. This is a place where the beer and food are cheap. The locals are friendly. The local ladies even friendlier. And the sun is usually shining. But you'd think it was hell on earth the way some curmudgeons go on.

To the OP, watch out for the booze. It starts out adding a lot of enjoyment to your travels but somewhere along the way, it can get control of you and you can find yourself sitting in a bar at 10:00 in the morning down on Soi 5 Sukhumvit.

Keep your wits about you and make the most of every day on the road.

Cheers

I know these curmudgeons :D some of them live in thai or some else nice country and still dont have anything positive to say. Its same where they live. To accommodate a wide range so the manykind of opinions too.

Most of them have no idea about Wwoofing and other work for stay opportunities as well as the fact that your money will last in SEAsia and you will find work in Australia for a bit. If I was a bit younger I would be doing the same thing.

Good luck!

Thanks! Yes i must check these other forums too, this 4chan.org is new for me, must find out. My English skills bring little challenge but while reading and writing i learn too.

Edited by Somayaa

"Become a crew on a yacht"

Wow! :) that would be nice, perhaps not very good change of get in, but really worth of trying to get. I dont know know how this works on Australia, still interesting, keeping that in my mind.

Can't believe there are people telling you to buy property at 22. Travel the world with your cash for a few years an wait until you're 30+ before thinking about marriage kids houses etc.

Plenty of time after a few years travel to save money.

I only bought a house last year and I'm pushing 50.

• 7 months later...

So op..
How did you get on?
What news of your adventures?

On a side note..

14000 what?
Thb or $ or Euros or £

The OP clearly states Euros in his OP. Do people not even read through a post before posting ?

Surprisingly the OP edited the post and added "Euros" after a few folk asked which currency. giggle.gif

Op, you could do Thailand on 14k euro easily in a year, 'kin easy! Don't listen to those who say it can't be done; these are likely old timers who have never done the backpacking/adventure thing but possibly monger around the bars and think nothing of blowing 5k a night, have houses, cars and wives to pay for etc.

As you are a singleton and won't be doing the bars/girls, you could get by on peanuts if you wanted to. Get a room for 5k (1k electric/water), eat local grub/fruit 100-200 baht a day, 3k month scooter rent (1k fuel), .. what's that, 12-15k? Say 20k a month. You can have a simple, no strings attached life like that touring around on a plastic pig for a year and have the time of your life. I know, I've done it (albeit lots of alcohol included).

Personally, I'd forget all about property at your age. Get your year return ticket, do 6 months here then look to a return to Oz for a few months, come back here for a wind down and then back to Europe to earn again. Rinse, repeat. Forget houses, the future and the rest of it, enjoy your life now! wink.png

Why fly straight to Thailand from Northern Europe?

Look at going overland. I have done that twice: once through the Middle East, Nepal, India; and another time on the Trans Siberian railway, and then down through Mongolia, China.

Check out organised tours for part (or all) of the journey if you are concerned about travelling alone by back-pack.

No way I would stare out an airplane window over country like that when you can be down there amongst the action.

And don't forget. You have been to Thailand twice already but not for extended periods of time......Thailand isn't pleasant for 12 months, especially coming from Nth Europe. It is bloody hot and sticky and wet and possibly miserable for a Nthrn European for maybe 4 months.

Edited by sipi

And I will add, just briefly...

Why even think about Thailand at all?

You have been here twice, don't like bars, but do like (and good on you for this) adventure and sports.

Either go overland somewhere (Africa, South America), or fly directly to Queenstown NZ and do a skydiving/ scuba-diving/ hang-gliding course....and chill with the crowd. I'm sure (actually I know from experience) if you become a qualified pilot/ diver or whatever, they will take you in. And it isn't as expensive as you think. Do some google research. A student skydiving course is about $1500.

There is no way I would blow 14000Eu in Thailand over 12 months just hanging around...

Are we celebrating the New Year early guys?

The OP clearly stated in his post that it was 14,000 Euros.

and the first two replies ask what currency the 14,000 is in??

Read it again?

I am curious as to where he is from.

His English is interesting.

Very understandable, but a little different from what I usually read.

OP, you will not live like a millionaire on 14,000 Euros,

But if willing to stay away from westernized " Tourist Thailand" and live reasonably in real Thailand, you will do fine.

Good luck to the OP!

Edited by willyumiii

I have nothing against backpackers, but do not envy them either. I've traveled the world with only a carry-on since I was 20. However, I always had a job; so I always had money, hotel, airfare, and perdiem.

A much better way to see the world.

You miss the whole point of backpacking. I had a friend who inherited 30 million Aus$ and travelled round asia for 6 months on $3000.

Why don't you contact Neeranam by private message? His friend had $30million to spend and traveled around all of Asia for $3000!!

Edited by sipi

God, if I had a baht for every time Id wished I was 22 in TH...

Come here and get a job teaching English. (Although, not English writing, bc your skills seem pretty low, no offense.) It's a non-committal way to live without working yourself to death. It's an easy way to meet people and should give you a lot of break time to see the country too.

You could also live an entire year or more on your savings, but you might get bored. Volunteering is an option too. But Thailand is a great place for fun and tourism, as you likely already know. Living here is a deeper more rewarding version of the experience I'm sure you've already had.

I have done little investments whose pay me back later, but buying property will wait future. I have been waiting this possibility ever since i started in this company and i go now, no have patience to stay. Now just working and waiting autumn and then plane to Bangkok! Yeah!

Warm weather, nice peoples, mind blowing sex, motorbiking, good tasty food, exciting hobbies, motorbiking and many other great things.

Alone but i hope with some good luck smile.png

Enjoy your youth and if you want to travel on little money be prepared to live frugally.