CMU Steak House

Tywais

A friend posted a photo of him at the CMU Steak House. After looking for info I found a couple of sites showing it and at least in the menu photos looks pretty good. Anyone been there? Also, can't quite figure out where it is located but seems to be just off Huay Kaew road a few hundred meters East from the canal road.

https://www.facebook.com/CMU.Steak.House

http://eat.edtguide.com/399828_cmu-steak-house-and-coffee

It is run by Uni kids with no experience or training at least in the kitchen at best. No manager on site. They had no idea how to cook never the less something they were not familiar with. Not cheap either. Any one of the many students might prepare your meal while the rest (8 on my visit) hide behind the counter and play with their phones. Extremely sweet kids anyways. They said the purpose was to promote the meat raised on a CMU farm. Hope they weren't marketing majors either.

It is run by Uni kids with no experience or training at least in the kitchen at best. No manager on site. They had no idea how to cook never the less something they were not familiar with. Not cheap either. Any one of the many students might prepare your meal while the rest (8 on my visit) hide behind the counter and play with their phones. Extremely sweet kids anyways. They said the purpose was to promote the meat raised on a CMU farm. Hope they weren't marketing majors either.

Don't knock it......most farang businesses here are run by farangs with no business experience let alone any experience in what they are selling......myself included
  • Like 1

Don't knock it......most farang businesses here are run by farangs with no business experience let alone any experience in what they are selling......myself included

Well most restaurants have a cook with some experience in cooking. Not just a bunch of pencil pushers.

If you stand at the lights end of nimmen rd and look left across the road...

If I am wrong, you should see it with binoculars a tad further down.rolleyes.gif

Which end of nimmen rd and which side of the street are you on the right or the left side. If you are on Suthep that could be towards the hospital or towards canal road.smile.png

As I was given to understand.

Suthep Rd was originally the way to the temple on Doi Suthep and I have known folks who have walked the way up.

Then in the 1920's a local monk decided that a proper road was required and so the 'Tale' of an elephant walking up to Doi Suthep started. A road was then built that followed the Elephants path, which went up the hill and that road was started on Huew Kaew.

john

The bbq Chiangmai, its exact location is as follows.

Going up Suthep Rd, moat behind you.

Go past Wat Suan Dork on the left, continue past the row of shop houses, a Bangkok Bank branch and you will go under a large Tree that overhangs the road.

Immediately after the tree is the BBQ next to and just before the Kasinkorn (Thai Farmers for my generation) Bank.

john

Must visit.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's why most of them suck. I can't think of any good reason not to knock people have the audacity to charge for a service they are not able to properly deliver. The business experience, if you mean the ability to do the bookkeeping, inventory, purchasing etc., is their issue (such as if they want to sell a meal for 200 bht that cost them 300 bht and loose money). But if I am charged for goods and services that are not provided then it's another story. When it comes to the culinary arts one doesn't necessarily have to have any training, there are natural cooks, but if they expect me to pay for their product they sure better be able to give me what they offered. One final note is that many take for granted what it takes to run a restaurant while having practical experience in another type of business, say selling cheap sunglasses, is not as necessary.

Eyecatcher, what is your business? (sorry if this has been covered previously). I am always game to support any local enterprise esp. if they they are members of TV.

Edited by junglechef
  • Like 1

in Wine Connection not so bad steaks imho smile.png and not's expensive either

They have kitchen and offer food for sale? I've seem some locations that one can bring food from a nearby restaurant and enjoy at glass of wine bought from them while sitting at their tables. Which location are you referring to?

The bbq Chiangmai, its exact location is as follows.

Going up Suthep Rd, moat behind you.

Go past Wat Suan Dork on the left, continue past the row of shop houses, a Bangkok Bank branch and you will go under a large Tree that overhangs the road.

Immediately after the tree is the BBQ next to and just before the Kasinkorn (Thai Farmers for my generation) Bank.

john

Must visit.

Theres always one who knows how to give directions. You just have to muddle through the guess work and confusion of others. Thank you Jonwilly. We are going there soon. Bon Apetit.

in Wine Connection not so bad steaks imho smile.png and not's expensive either

They have kitchen and offer food for sale? I've seem some locations that one can bring food from a nearby restaurant and enjoy at glass of wine bought from them while sitting at their tables. Which location are you referring to?

only in Central Festivals branch they have own kitchen

• Like 1