Has anyone ever heard of 5 Million baht sin sod being asked before.

WayneThompson

laugh.png , l do laugh at some of these replies laugh.png , $160,000 for mum from a guy that has been banging her daughter out of wedlock, who will be looked down upon if the OP bails out. laugh.png

They should be giving him cash to stick around........................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just add that there is no village, they live in bkk.

there are no debts. They are pretty loaded.

12 Children 5 Million per child They should be loaded.

If that is so buy a house at your own price not the 5 mill up to you,Don't spend anymore money inTthailand than what you are prepared to lose an walk away from.

What makes a woman worth 5 million baht? sick.gif

If I am not mistaken, there are another few billion ladies out there that would not need even a fraction of that money.

I honestly believe someone is getting fooled. Run if you can.

12 Children 5 Million per child They should be loaded.

Think it more like the OP must pay for the other elevens problems caused. This is probably "near" fact........whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't pay a dime.

She is pregnant...they have no negotiating power.

Threaten to walk away and all demands will evaporate in the hot tropical sun.

Sin sod in this day and age is a racket to milk men....just say no!

On a side note...are you sure she is pregnant or could it be just a ploy?

Check and re-check.

A 30 year old thai woman who's probably had multiple thai boyfriends and still not have offspring sounds fishy, maybe she's not able to have children? Any thai man don't want to marry a woman who needs assisted reproduction that cost at least 300.000 bath here. whistling.gif

I tried to keep my mouth shut until I read this.

I simply cannot follow your logic about woman, Thai or otherwise, at thirty years old, who has had multiple boyfriends, not having children and not being able to have children?

Now she needs assisted reproduction???

What part of the world are you from?

One of the quality tourist countries?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't pay a dime.

Check and re-check.

A 30 year old thai woman who's probably had multiple thai boyfriends and still not have offspring sounds fishy, maybe she's not able to have children? Any thai man don't want to marry a woman who needs assisted reproduction that cost at least 300.000 bath here. whistling.gif

bugger double post

Edited by Mudcrab

She is pregnant? Why buy the cow when the milk is free?

How about a nice wedding anyways....just so the baby has a dad. Do a nice wedding party.

Have the mom find you a house if you want your wife to own. That way her mom saves face....and gets a cut of the pie.

By no means pay directly.

Better wait and see if you are the dad or not. (I did not mean to be crude, but really) That may be a way out of paying.

Once again the members of ThaiVisa show themselves to be a bunch of cynical old men when it comes to anything to do with Thai ladies, Thai families or anything to do with wealthy people (Thai or otherwise)

WayneThompson didn't give us much info about the family or his relationship with them, but reading between the lines I picture a decent middle class or upper middle class family living in Bangkok, for whom 5 million is really just chump change.

They want him to demonstrate his commitment to their daughter by 'showing them face' and letting other people see that he is happy to put 5 million baht into the marriage, they also want to show to other people (friends, business associates) that the person their daughter is marrying is not lower class than she is, i.e she isn't disgracing the family by marrying down.

I guess if you've never been rich yourself and you don't mix with people (Thai and other nationalities) who have real money, you probably have no idea that this is commonplace.

• Like 2

Don't pay a cent. Either buy a house and ensure a 30-years lease and check out the following link:
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/171307-everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-usufruct-agreements-in-thailand/

Your wife will be with you and the baby will be borne. Time for your spouse's mother to arrive in the 21st century - sin sod is a dinosaur relict from the oligarchs who lived in plutocracy - oooups, like Thailand in certain parts of the country still is.

Time to set things straight; and if your mother-in-law will not talk to you = open a ice-cold beer and start calculating, how much beer those 5 millions will be buying you!

Is sinsod part of your culture?

No.

Then refuse outright. If they love you they will stay with you. If they don't, no loss. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Why marry a Thai if you have no respect for the culture?

I respect the thai culture, but I won't marry a thai woman again and get ripped off again, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you. BTW. is thai culture all about ripping off foreigners? coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I think you have to come to some compromise on your cultures and perhaps meet in the middle. Show a bit of money for her face but make sure you get it back. If you want to give her family a "gift" that's entirely up to you.

Sweet Jesus! You mean I had a choice? Why did they keep the 5 million and not tell me? facepalm.gif

Don't pay a cent. Either buy a house and ensure a 30-years lease and check out the following link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/171307-everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-usufruct-agreements-in-thailand/

Your wife will be with you and the baby will be borne. Time for your spouse's mother to arrive in the 21st century - sin sod is a dinosaur relict from the oligarchs who lived in plutocracy - oooups, like Thailand in certain parts of the country still is.

Time to set things straight; and if your mother-in-law will not talk to you = open a ice-cold beer and start calculating, how much beer those 5 millions will be buying you!

burp.gif

• Like 1

Don't just give it. I got married to my wife and they wanted 100K. I did want to participate and came up with the 100K but, her mom got an envelope with 40K, the father got an envelope with 20K and 40K was displayed that was given back to me. The mother told the wife what to put in each envelope. I did not buy any gold either. But, I did pay for a cow and 3 pigs along with about 30 cases of beer and whiskey. We had people drinking and eating for 3 straight days. Instead of cake to take home many people got a bag of pig guts and cow innerds. Still amazes me. I would have paid 10K US dollars for a wedding in the states. This cost me a few thousand US dollars, the wife was beautiful, the mom and dad, very happy, the villagers very happy and me? VERY HAPPY with my wife. Now married 4 years and still the best.

• Like 2

cheesy.gif Five Million Baht That is nothing but a Joke Is she a Superstar with A TV program then maybe 5 million

Offer them 200,000 and be done with it. They see Farang and Think RICH FOREIGNER .

All I can say is if you pay 5 million your stupid. 100,000 is average and 200.000 is very generous I know I married Thai with Masters degree and she comes from a Good upper class Family

Good luck cheesy.gif

I was asked 300,000 baht "wedding portion" for a HS grad in Udonthani once. I declined...

Once again the members of ThaiVisa show themselves to be a bunch of cynical old men when it comes to anything to do with Thai ladies, Thai families or anything to do with wealthy people (Thai or otherwise)

WayneThompson didn't give us much info about the family or his relationship with them, but reading between the lines I picture a decent middle class or upper middle class family living in Bangkok, for whom 5 million is really just chump change.

They want him to demonstrate his commitment to their daughter by 'showing them face' and letting other people see that he is happy to put 5 million baht into the marriage, they also want to show to other people (friends, business associates) that the person their daughter is marrying is not lower class than she is, i.e she isn't disgracing the family by marrying down.

I guess if you've never been rich yourself and you don't mix with people (Thai and other nationalities) who have real money, you probably have no idea that this is commonplace.

Who cares what THEY want? Men need to start focusing on what WE want. As for "putting B5M into the marriage" to "show them face," this is nonsense! He is offering all of himself in exchange for all of herself - period! That is what marriage is supposed to be. Being pressured to "sweeten the pot" is a slap in the face to the man. Do not take it! Men are MORE valuable than women - not less.

Exactly risky. They spruik 'it's Thai culture', but what about the guy's culture? That doesn't seem to get a look in.

What happens when a Thai man marries a foreign woman. He isn't prepared to pay SS because IT'S NOT her culture. He doesn't pay because it IS his culture.

Money has a way of perverting the doctrine....unfortunately.

If you are into the sin sod experience...you decide what this investment is worthy to you...then make your bid...don't let the family try to shame you into emptying your bank account...do not forget...there are no guarantees that the marriage will last...regardless of how much you pay...

• Like 2

If you are into the sin sod experience...you decide what this investment is worthy to you...then make your bid...don't let the family try to shame you into emptying your bank account...do not forget...there are no guarantees that the marriage will last...regardless of how much you pay...

As it has been explained, you must withdraw 5 million baht, put it in an envelope and display it at the wedding. As soon as the wedding is completed, the mom hands it all back to you.

Am I correct?

or am I crazy.gif

Don't pay a dime.

Check and re-check.

Dont forget the dna check.Plenty of blokes paying for other mans kids.

• Like 1

As it has been explained, you must withdraw 5 million baht, put it in an envelope and display it at the wedding. As soon as the wedding is completed, the mom hands it all back to you.

Am I correct?

or am I crazy.gif

You would need a pretty big envelope. maybe a suitcase?

• Like 1

laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20> , do Thai folk respect yours...........?................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

I'm not married, but I would like to think there would be mutual respect. A Thai woman married to a westerner and living in the west, would undoubtedly have to make more concessions to western culture than vice versa. Irrespective of how much sinsod was paid at the wedding.

I respect the thai culture, but I won't marry a thai woman again and get ripped off again, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you. BTW. is thai culture all about ripping off foreigners? coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

No it isn't,

Edited by brewsterbudgen