Police arrest Chinese nationals without work permits

Lite Beer

Police arrest Chinese nationals without work permits

Eakkapop Thongtub

1398480623_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Police arrested two Chinese nationals as they were taking pictures for a wedding and charged them with working without proper work permits.

Mr Zhou Yi age 33 and Ms Chen Xiaotan age 27 was arrested for alien working without permit at the Wat Chalong Area in Chalong.

When police arrived on site they found a Chinese couple wearing wedding costumes, one male photographer and one female assistant photographer.

According to police, Mr Zhou Yi admitted to working in Phuket since March 17 of this year. He was taking the couple to several places around the island for pictures but without a work permit.

Ms Chen Xiaotan came to Phuket on March 27 and was assisting Mr Zhou Yi with thi particular shoot.
Both of them was arrested and are awaiting further litigation.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-arrest-chinese-nationals-without-work-permits-45922.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-26

mean while in the real world, The other more serious crimes. Are forgotten

You're probably right, just because one crime, possibly of interest to foreigners, is reported it must mean that no others are being investigated. Yeah.

• Like 2

What a pathetic hypocritical state.Phuket and Thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is so pathetic or hypocritical about arresting law breakers?

if you dont know then put your head in the sand, and also be careful if you drop a cigarette end or piece of paper in the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My relative is going to get married in Phuket this year, of course i will take my Canon 5D MKIII and all accessories and lenses with me for the wedding, is there any risk for me to get caught as working without WP?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My relative is going to get married in Phuket this year, of course i will take my Canon 5D MKIII and all accessories and lenses with me for the wedding, is there any risk for me to get caught as working without WP?

Yes.

Yes indeed its possible.

Will you be working?

• Like 1

Will you be working?

Herein lies the problem, work paid or otherwise is such a broad definition that (potentially) any one of us could be hassled with this !

• Like 1

I beleive that from this experience all tourists will have to appoint thai photograph to take pictures they want in thailand to avoid the risk of being caught without a work permit

• Like 1

Will you be working?

Herein lies the problem, work paid or otherwise is such a broad definition that (potentially) any one of us could be hassled with this !

I agree.

In a country where you need a work permit to perform volunteer work, of course, offering to take photos of your relatives, leaves you somewhat exposed to arrest, and therefore extortion.

So, the simple answer is, yes, there is a risk of being arrested.

Edited by NamKangMan

Will you be working?

On one of those annoying immigration shows, they showed a British guy being deported from canada because he told immigration he was going to help his uncle do some DIY.

Unpaid work for family should not count, but in Thailand technically it does.

The govt should then issue a one-time working permit for those who want to take photos during their visit in thailand.

That's a great idea, but they can't even form a Government here at the moment, so don't hold your breath. :)

A big task for the family to ask all guests from 7 different countries arriving at different times to apply for a work permit to take photos during the 5 hours of the celebration and party

I beleive that from this experience all tourists will have to appoint thai photograph to take pictures they want in thailand to avoid the risk of being caught without a work permit

Nonsense.

But if you come here to make photo's of a wedding without any (professional) photographer present, I think you would be deemed to be working. Which IMO you would be. But if you're a tourist and make some snapshots of a wedding, no problem.

I have never been at a wedding where there was no photographer present. Sometimes professional, sometimes amateur, but they were all working as photographer.

My advice would be to do like they do with the tour guides.

Pay the cheapest Thai photographer you can find to come along to the wedding and take a few rubbish photos, or even sit there and do nothing.

Then, you take all the quality photos you want.

If there's any problem, you have paid a Thai to do the job. You can not be taking his job because you are giving him a job.

Welcome to Planet Phuket. :)

Are we going in a situation where you cannot cook your own food or sweep your rented condo or drive a car?

As money gets tighter here, and it's getting tighter, the extortions will broaden, so, knows.

Phuket has now got to the point where a dive instructor can not carry the kit bag of one of their students.

It's only going to get more entertaining here. :)

Are we going in a situation where you cannot cook your own food or sweep your rented condo or drive a car?

As money gets tighter here, and it's getting tighter, the extortions will broaden, so, knows.

Phuket has now got to the point where a dive instructor can not carry the kit bag of one of their students.

It's only going to get more entertaining here. smile.png

Which they never do anyway. That is just an excuse of people working illegally to object.