Dr M defends MAS and blames Boeing for MH370’s disappearance

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Actually this is quite typical.

Follow the news in Malaysia, and every month or so there is a disaster (building collapses, bridge collapses, etc). More often than not it is something that was recently constructed. There is always an investigation, and the ultimate conclusion is that it is the fault of foreigners, either poor quality imported materials or shoddy foreign workmanship.

A few I can recall was a brand new sports arena that collapsed during its first storm (thankfully it was empty at the time), a country holiday camp where a new bridge over a small river was built to replace the old crumbling one (the first vacationers there was a school group on a weekend trip, several children died when the new bridge collapsed).

On the lighter side a new gov't building was put up and within weeks there was a disgusting plumbing occurence (the culprit was that the pipes were imported from the US).

I am truly amazed that Malaysia has managed to go on for so long without being denounced on the world stage for what it is. Up until only a few years ago it was a one-party democracy, an oxymoron: what is the sense of having elections if there is only one name on the ballot? I'm sure Dr M will have an answer -- 20 years of rule, no criticism tolerated.

Actually this is quite typical.

Follow the news in Malaysia, and every month or so there is a disaster (building collapses, bridge collapses, etc). More often than not it is something that was recently constructed. There is always an investigation, and the ultimate conclusion is that it is the fault of foreigners, either poor quality imported materials or shoddy foreign workmanship.

A few I can recall was a brand new sports arena that collapsed during its first storm (thankfully it was empty at the time), a country holiday camp where a new bridge over a small river was built to replace the old crumbling one (the first vacationers there was a school group on a weekend trip, several children died when the new bridge collapsed).

On the lighter side a new gov't building was put up and within weeks there was a disgusting plumbing occurence (the culprit was that the pipes were imported from the US).

I am truly amazed that Malaysia has managed to go on for so long without being denounced on the world stage for what it is. Up until only a few years ago it was a one-party democracy, an oxymoron: what is the sense of having elections if there is only one name on the ballot? I'm sure Dr M will have an answer -- 20 years of rule, no criticism tolerated.

Yep. Too close to the PRC for my liking.

Many people don't like it, so there is tension and conflict.

MH370 disappearance possibly related.

Malaysia Truly Asia. You are having a laugh.