Marraige Extension On Non Imm B

i have a non imm B visa and WP and i am now married. i want to get a marraige extension for the visa, can I do that on a B or do I need to change it to an O? if I need to change to an O, can i do that in thailand and how does that effect my WP?

thx steve

It's probably cheaper / less hassle to continue extending based on your WP.

If you DO want to change the basis of the extension to 'support of a Thai' you should be able to do that next time you come up for renewal. It's just a different set of paperwork.

There is no problem having a WP against a marriage visa / extension, again it's a slightly different set of paper.

i have a non imm B visa and WP and i am now married. i want to get a marraige extension for the visa, can I do that on a B or do I need to change it to an O? if I need to change to an O, can i do that in thailand and how does that effect my WP?

thx steve

I surmise you have a single entry or multiple entry "B"

You can do the extension of support of a Thai national on the "B" No need to change it. Your work permit instead of being valid for every 90 days will now have it valid for the same time period of your extension.

If you however have a extension of stay based on business, wait till it expires to apply for the extension of stay based on support of a Thai national. Otherwise, you would have to turn in your work permit and reapply for a new work permit. As the extension of stay based on business is tied to yiour work permit.

www.lawyer.th.com

I surmise you have a single entry or multiple entry "B"

You can do the extension of support of a Thai national on the "B" No need to change it. Your work permit instead of being valid for every 90 days will now have it valid for the same time period of your extension.

www.lawyer.th.com

yes, i have multi entry B. it expires in about 4 months. will they extend me based on my last entry into thailand 2 months ago, i.e. to april 2007 or will it be based on the visa expriration?

thx steve

Extensions are based on your current entry date.

As Lopburi3 pointed out, the extension of stay will be valid to April 2007. Unless you cross the border before you apply for the extension of stay, then just add a year from that entry date.

ww.lawyer.th.com