What does it mean when a stranger Thai lady gives you the evil eye while pointing at you?

Jingthing

Well, JT, I just read this thread and decided to ask my wife who, knowing a lot about (while not believing in) Thai black magic, stated that the woman did not speak because she was very angry. The finger-pointing and evil eye was a signal to you that if you ever performed that behavior in front of her again, she would hurt you. So, not a curse, but a warning. edited for misspell

Thanks! I'm satisfied with that answer entirely!

I'm exiting the madness of this thread now.

It's not pleasant.

Discuss among yourselves and thanks again to those who did reply ON TOPIC.

Good evening all. clap2.gif

Excellent you have the excuse and reasons to exit a stupid post. Hope you have learnt at least a little

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I once got a curse put on me my a guy who guesses 3 things about you, he wanted about 2000b or something like that after he guessed all 3 things correctly... but I told him that I was not going to give him any money and then he said I was going to die on my trip... it was about 7 years ago though, so it didnt work

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I will expand the question to men with fighting skills.

If a lady came at you as described and did start to punch you hard in public in a situation where there was a potential gang of Thais to come in, how would you respond exactly?

I'm not really sure what I would have done IF she had started to hit me hard. But I'm curious what others THINK they would do.

In this case, the gender difference is quite relevant. A man hitting a woman is culturally loaded in most cultures. A woman hitting a man is also loaded of course, and seen as emasculating by those who care about their machismo.

Also consider RUNNING away (the old fight or flight choice).

A man running away from an attacking woman would be seen as even more emasculating ... but in a case as described, perhaps the most sensible choice considering hitting the woman could result in jail, getting gang attacked, or in my case just being put in hospital by the one woman, who like I said could probably kick my ass.

Just imagine the smiles you would have put on the policemans faces for years and years....legend material.

echoing down the hallways of the justice department 10 years down the track...'hey somchai, remember that guy somethingthing or whatever...cheesy.gif ...yeah who could forget him running down the road in the middle of traffic with o'l porkchops whipping his arse all the way'

Edited by Showbags
  • Like 1

I once got a curse put on me my a guy who guesses 3 things about you, he wanted about 2000b or something like that after he guessed all 3 things correctly... but I told him that I was not going to give him any money and then he said I was going to die on my trip... it was about 7 years ago though, so it didnt work

Didn't say which trip though did he.

Would that have been Mr Lucky ?

I think you did something very terrible to this poor woman. And to judge from you other postings on other topics, you didn't even recognize how rude it was for her.

Did you tell her in public that her fart smells?

Did you in public congratulate her to the surgeon and that she looks like 40 even she is 50? But you confused her with someone else and she is 30?

Did you ask her in public if it was her who peed beside the toilet?

I'd go for the warning wiggle of the finger. If you do that again, then you are in trouble.

I have been known to stop grown men in their tracks and converstations with the pointing finger and "the look".

Galloping cats too. They're the funniest, their brakes don't work as well as men. Luckily, with the weight difference.

Still, I'm curious what it was that you did. PM me if you want - i won't tell......!!!!! Tee Hee.

Edited by Patsycat

I'd go for the warning wiggle of the finger. If you do that again, then you are in trouble.

I have been known to stop grown men in their tracks and converstations with the pointing finger and "the look".

Galloping cats too. They're the funniest, their brakes don't work as well as men. Luckily, with the weight difference.

Blimey, converstations from a bird would do it for me.................wub.png

• Like 1

First off, don't try and think there is anything "Thai cultural" about it at all. If you were in the west, in a bar, and you pissed off some old tatoo'd bar hag, she probably would be swinging beer bottles and swearing so all can hear just the same.

Thai culture varies widely by their social class. An educated, middle class, Bangkokian Thai, would most likely offer that apology you were expecting.

Didn't say which trip though did he.

Would that have been Mr Lucky ?

yeah he did, he said 'you will die on this trip'

Oh, so thats what the 'your are a luck man' guys do is it, maybe it was the same guy - last time I saw one of those was at lower sukumvit, but mine was on khao san road - these days, I just agree with the luck man and say, yes I know I am lucky and keep on walking, that normally does the trick.

I have NEVER got into the shit you get into on a regular basis, nooooooooo pun intended. BUT, your crap really does piss me off. A member is now on a TV holiday from a totally shit topic designed to do that stuff............ Very sad amigo.............sad.png

You're not interested in this topic. You're just interested in throwing personal dirt. That is not welcome.

I read many topics, many of yours bah.gif ,, well you do post a lot. What I read werrrrrrrrles around in my head and assumptions appear. If you can't see my assumptions, well OK, but I do.....Dirt, where is your dirt from, ? You, never thought of that.............whistling.gif

Looks like you post half as much as Jingthing and if this is the quality of your posts then I think you should keep your thoughts to yourself. You do have the choice not to read his posts but seems your just a troll............ Get a life outside of TV

I bet a "hissy fit" was thrown and the flambouyant antics was objected too by the conservative owner who subsequently objected to being branded a homophobe ?

Leaves alot of conjecture when the actual truth isnt revealed , it just leaves the door open for rampant speculation, but the story will probably have added twists and turns until the OP gets the answer he wants, as is so typical.

You're now on ignore. Your posts have no value. Adios amigo.

Please put me on ignore with Charlie.

I promise I will return the favour.

Me too.

I have NEVER got into the shit you get into on a regular basis, nooooooooo pun intended. BUT, your crap really does piss me off. A member is now on a TV holiday from a totally shit topic designed to do that stuff............ Very sad amigo.............sad.png

You're not interested in this topic. You're just interested in throwing personal dirt. That is not welcome.

I read many topics, many of yours bah.gif ,, well you do post a lot. What I read werrrrrrrrles around in my head and assumptions appear. If you can't see my assumptions, well OK, but I do.....Dirt, where is your dirt from, ? You, never thought of that.............whistling.gif

Looks like you post half as much as Jingthing and if this is the quality of your posts then I think you should keep your thoughts to yourself. You do have the choice not to read his posts but seems your just a troll............ Get a life outside of TV

I think Transam has some of the best posts on Thaivisa.

• Like 1

What kind of a car was she driving? A baht bus?

Not a baht bus related incident. Do not be shocked. They are always clearly labeled.

JT

Your ability to get yourself in trouble here in LOS is renowned on TV I suggest to avoid any further incidents you should employ Mr. Tim Sharkey as your bodyguard-he wont be cheap but his reputation alone is enough to deter MI5/CIA etc so old ladies and baht bus drivers hold no fear...........go for it biggrin.png