Download speed 0 with BitTorrent

MZurf

I recently started to download TV shows using BitTorrent and it's been working quite well with my 3BB 600 Baht/month connection, but today it slowed to a crawl, and now it's zero.

I can download other stuff (e.g. e-mail attachments), and browse the internet but BitTorrent does not want to resume downloading. What could be the reason for this?

Could it be not many people are seeding during certain hours of the day or maybe you are trying to download an item that does not have many seeders at all?

I leave my pc open all day and sometimes it is real slow and other times it only takes a few hours.

If you would use a paid server it would all go a lot faster but i get all the movies and music i want if it takes a little longer so be it.

Could be lots of reasons.

Assuming you have not played around with the settings just try restarting the Bittorrent or better still do a computer restart.

Could be the site you are downloading from is having problems. Nothing you can do about that.

As your Internet connection is obviously working, you can connect to web pages, all you can do is wait and usually the problem clears it's self.

smile.png

I was having a problem with Bit Torrent & 3BB too. Have been using it for quite awhile with no problem, but recently my connection speeds with 3BB have been all over the place. 3BB said there was no problem that they could identify (and in the past they've been pretty good correcting problems). I did notice that if Bit Torrent wasn't running everything else was OK.

So I uninstalled Bit Torrent and changed to another downloader. It was either an amazing coincidence or else Bit Torrent was the problem because after I dumped it, all the connection speed issues went away.

Maybe ring them up to see if they have applied some sort of daily cap/limit on your connection? Some ISPs may restrict or halt certain activities/applications.

I do not recall any "complete stoppage" scenarios with 3BB, but there have been many recent posts re: restricting download speeds to certain thresholds during certain times during each day.

Is your ratio ok? If you don't seed the files, your ratio goes down and after a while no one wants to share with you any more. I have set my client to reject connections from people who have a ratio of less than 0,5.

Is your ratio ok? If you don't seed the files, your ratio goes down and after a while no one wants to share with you any more. I have set my client to reject connections from people who have a ratio of less than 0,5.

Hi, How do I find out what my ratio is?

Hi, How do I find out what my ratio is?

Since you don't tell us what Torrent Client you are using, one answer may not fit all

In uTorrent open the "info" tab at the bottom of the client and then look at the right hand corner under "Share Ratio" :

post-10942-0-48779200-1398828263_thumb.p

Share ratio is most likely irrelevant since, due to the OP's obvious noobness in this area, it's a fairly safe bet he's using public trackers.

The problem probably lies with his ISP. Use a non-standard port and force encryption. Google is your daddy etc.

I started off by using BitTorrent but on the suggestion of a poster I removed the program and am now using Vuze. I now have a very variable but always slow download speed but the upload seems to be pretty constant.

I am sharing the love so it should not be the ratio. If anyone could post a link to a Youtube video of "How to..." explaining the whole " non-standard port and force encryption" thing I would be most thankful. A Google search made me none the wiser.

Could be your torrent downloads are being shaped by 3BB - it's common practice all over the place, especially during business hours.

One other thing could be to randomise your port - there is a setting somewhere to do this....

Oh yeah, and we're all helping someone do something technically illegal.....

The most downloaded torrent of 2013 is ... completely legal !!!

A bundle of tracks from Moby's latest album Innocents, which can be downloaded for free and completely legally, is the most-shared torrent of 2013 with an impressive 8.9 million downloads.

What does your client ( the programme you use to DL, bittorrent, vuze, utorrent ) look like .. you should see 2 coloumns, one for seeders and one for leechers within the swarm ( those who are actively downloading and uploading )

You will also some kind of indication if you are connectable to the swarm (there will be a red/green globe / arrow / text ).

If its saying there are 0 seeders, then you arent going to get any download, if the TV show is relatively new and there are 500 leechers, its going to be slow.

If your not connectable, there is going to be some kind of speed issue. You need to forward a port through your firewall and router. Try google and maybe buy a decent router that allows you to easily configure it.

I have never had an issue with 3BB, i have always found the real tech support team to be really helpful with regard to these matters.

Oh yeah, and we're all helping someone do something technically illegal.....

The most downloaded torrent of 2013 is ... completely legal !!!

A bundle of tracks from Moby's latest album Innocents, which can be downloaded for free and completely legally, is the most-shared torrent of 2013 with an impressive 8.9 million downloads.

The OP stated "TV Shows", not Moby tracks.

OK, I just stopping the relatively obscure shows (old episodes of Deadliest Catch and Mythbusters) I was trying to download (at a snail's pace) and tried downloading probably one of the most popular downloads out there (latest episode of Game of Thrones) and the download speed went straight up to where it's supposed to be.

So my question is now; how to download "obscure" content at a reasonable download rate?

OK, I just stopping the relatively obscure shows (old episodes of Deadliest Catch and Mythbusters) I was trying to download (at a snail's pace) and tried downloading probably one of the most popular downloads out there (latest episode of Game of Thrones) and the download speed went straight up to where it's supposed to be.

So my question is now; how to download "obscure" content at a reasonable download rate?

You can get those and lots more from EZTV at good download rate and no worries about ratio.

smile.png

You can get those and lots more from EZTV at good download rate and no worries about ratio.

smile.png

I am using EZTV to get the links to the downloads but please let me know how to do it easier than I am currently doing.

I am using uTorrent which supports Magnet URIs

I just click on the magnet icon

smile.png

post-35075-0-50814600-1398951332_thumb.j

Just noticed you are using uTorrent so make sure you check the magnet association button.

post-35075-0-79581000-1398952147_thumb.j

Edited by Daffy D

Yes, to your question ..

You will see a slower DL on older episodes because there are less seeders, where a show you start to DL a few hours after it has hit the web will be pretty swift.

You might also want to take it steady .. set your max DL torrents to 4-5-6 at a time, dont have too many torrents queued up or force DL'ing. Do a bit of mix n match, select some new, some old.

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't TV mods moderate in a persistent way? A thread about not being able warezbb is immediately closed, while this illegal downloading issue goes on for several pages without being moderated properly.

BTW now we're on an illegal issue anyway, why not take a look at Usenet? Always full speed and most older episodes are available for at least 2 years (except really popular series like Games of Thrones).

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by sniffdog

Using Torrents is not illegal. Downloading copyrighted material without permission is, however.

That advice on this thread applies to both, so a bit of latitude does not hurt.

WarezBB on the other hand is by definition definitely illegal.

Please give me a torrent site where you can download tv series legally. We all know that the OP is downloading tv series illegally unless somebody proves otherwise.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app