Abhisit says he has backing from supreme commander

webfact

Wow what about some of the replies!

How in the hell did I end up in the last ten of a school cross country team!

Looney tunes!

Baa der baa der that's all folks!

Were you afraid to insert your post so people could see what it was. Hence you get the replies you do.

Posters are aware of your content. but it is your style I admire you courage and stubbiness, similar to Yingluck .

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that ladies and gentlemen is step one completed in the end game strategy being played out, and the PTP are too stupid to even notice it.

Threaten to boycott and disrupt under the current situation, then play ' good cop bad cop ' where Abhisit recommends a compromise and promises to do his best to negotiate between the PDRC and the EC/Opposition.... Gets the military to start the show by coming out and saying that Abhisit has a very good compromise on the table and that their talks were very agreeable and successful.... That is the primer.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/721938-abhisit-floats-minor-reforms/page-2#entry7747279

Now just complete the next few steps and it will be a good job done, and one that should not lead to a civil war.

That is the difference between the two camps.... one side has intelligence the other side relies on brute force and intimidation.

Now I am confused, brute force and intimidation would be the military, Abhisit and the yellows, but I have not seen any intelligence on the other side

And that ladies and gentlemen is step one completed in the end game strategy being played out, and the PTP are too stupid to even notice it.

Threaten to boycott and disrupt under the current situation, then play ' good cop bad cop ' where Abhisit recommends a compromise and promises to do his best to negotiate between the PDRC and the EC/Opposition.... Gets the military to start the show by coming out and saying that Abhisit has a very good compromise on the table and that their talks were very agreeable and successful.... That is the primer.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/721938-abhisit-floats-minor-reforms/page-2#entry7747279

Now just complete the next few steps and it will be a good job done, and one that should not lead to a civil war.

That is the difference between the two camps.... one side has intelligence the other side relies on brute force and intimidation.

Ahhh, yet another end game ...

So let me get this straight, all of these 6 or 7 months has been a cunning plan, and Baldrick becomes negotiator and puts himself into power? Nah.

Myself, I think it's 100% identical to their last plan and the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you, maxim applies. When they had all those plans to put in Anand as a reform candidate to rehabilitate Thai democracy, and Suthep and Abhisit simply took power and ignored all those reform plans in 2008, they can't convincingly repeat the same trick and expect to fool anyone again.

• Like 1

Abhisit says he has backing from supreme commander

Was there a burning bush and stone tablets?

If you have more than 1% understanding of the Thai political and social situation you'd know that Thai armed forces have a big say in this society. That's the real situation.

I guess you don't like that but if you're serious about finding some path forward for Thailand you can't just ignore the armed forces. But I guess you prefer to keep your head in the sand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When all else fails, the Thai armed forces have ALL the say.

• Like 1

This is a democracy, how about getting backing from the electorate ? no dirty tricks this time.

Pray. Tell oh Democratic one, what are the principles of a democracy??

You must be lonely, without your good friend Boppe Amsterdam

A very deceptive article. When I first read "Abhisit has backing from supreme commander" I had thought that he had Suthep's backing. Because without Suthep's approval, Abhisit is "talking the talk" but he is not "walking the walk." In other words, Abhisit's actions are "Much ado about Nothing." - William Shakespear (1598)

• Like 1

A very deceptive article. When I first read "Abhisit has backing from supreme commander" I had thought that he had Suthep's backing. Because without Suthep's approval, Abhisit is "talking the talk" but he is not "walking the walk." In other words, Abhisit's actions are "Much ado about Nothing." - William Shakespear (1598)

Yawn!

He has the backing for what?

For "all sides joining hands to ease the situation"?

If you'd bother to follow this situation you'd know he has a blueprint that he is takes to various functions. This blueprint isn't public yet. But you probably knew that, you just wanted to make some smart-azz comment.

Well shouldn't he then be putting it before the electorate and not someone with no say in the democratic process?

What a snake in the grass the little Englishman is.

Maybe the supreme commander will place their dear boy Abhisit in charge of Thailand. Mr Abhisit will then increase the budget of the military, introduce strict press censorship, arrest anyone even suspected of lese majeste offences, and bring the army in with heavy weapons to attack anyone associated with the red shirts who is 'causing trouble'.

Sound familiar?

It's Groundhog Day -- Thailand style.

Abhisit's initiative is appearing more and more sensible by the hour. His efforts will likely be drowned out, however, by the louder ( and more erratic ) voices of Pheu Thai.

"Sensible"? Sure, it's sensible if you are one of the ammart or a privileged westerner living off the exploited Thai underclass. Thailand is one of the most unequal societies in Asia, and it is the aim of the so-called "Democrat Party" to keep it that way. They boycott elections because it is "beneath them" to take part in elections where mere Isaan workers are given the same chance to vote.

The Thai ruling class needs to be put in its place, and the only people who will do it, I'd suspect, are the red shirts. Similar changes in governance have happened in the history of European countries, as the privileges of the aristocrats and upper classes have been reduced.

As for the "sensible" Abhisit, I hope that the redshirts and PT have nothing to do with this pathetic remnant of ammart history. Unfortunately Yingluck seems to be negotiating with him.

The difference between the two camps is that one has the backing of the majority and the other does not.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He has the backing for what?

For "all sides joining hands to ease the situation"?

Exactly. It's a hollow platform. Empty suit.

Abhisit's initiative is appearing more and more sensible by the hour. His efforts will likely be drowned out, however, by the louder ( and more erratic ) voices of Pheu Thai.

People like you are amazing. You want to curse the Red Shirts but totally ignore the havock that Suthep has caused. And, who is Suthep's ally but Abhisit.

He's got some muscle lined up. Why else would a "military commander's" support be relevant?

No, not at all.

Tanasak has been 100% solid on the no military coup thing all along. The last of the old guard group was Prayuth, he was wavering and after [a thing we can't discuss] happened, he's now 100% behind democracy. Tanasak is simply repeating the no coup thing.

We still have the geriatric general (GG) plotting away though, but his military power base has gone, his influence over independent agencies stemmed from their belief he controlled the military, with the military backing democracy that's gone too. Abhisit is just the latest actor, reading his GG lines. So Abhisit is trying to recreate the belief that maybe GG still has influence with the military.

I think Abhisit is trying to spin it so that his soft-coup-friends think the military backs them, so they have the confidence to do this coup, when the opposite is true.

• Like 1

Has this political "genius" ever come up with ANY solutions? Anything creative, dynamic, or workable? No. Of course the commander backs his efforts to solve the problems. But, how is he going to do it? What is he going to offer? He says he does not want elections. Because he knows his party has little chance of victory. So, other than deposing his opponent, how is he going to solve this? More hyperbole from a man who proved himself to be grossly incompetent, and incapable during his years as a PM.

• Like 1

Now I am confused, brute force and intimidation would be the military, Abhisit and the yellows, but I have not seen any intelligence on the other side

You are confused. You are confusing the UDD/Red Shirts tactics of bombing, shooting, intimidation with the military, who are relatively quite peaceful. Oh yes, mustn't forget the intimidation and prevention of smaller gatherings, performances, rallies, and demonstrations of anyone other than Red Shirts.

• Like 1

Tim CM post # 12

His party have never worried about that at all, as long as he has the military to put them in power so they can benefit from corruption.

If he was really concerned about Thailand, he would come out and say he wants the people to have their say, not the joke that is the Thai military

Thaksin and his party have never worried about that at all, as long as he has the Red Shirt Terrorists to put them in power so they can benefit from corruption.

If Thaksin Sinwatra and his clan were really concerned about Thailand, they would come out and say he wants the people to have their say, not the joke that is the puppet P.T.P. Prime Minster along with the puppet P.T.P. M.P.s and the Red Shirt Terrorist.

And you used some of your own words. Impressive!

Nothing impressive about your reply though. Insult the writer - how dare he write something negative about the Shin Clan, even if true.

what initiative...saying lets talk, pt asked for talks all along, herr suthep and silver spoon refused to talk.

what initiative...saying lets talk, pt asked for talks all along, herr suthep and silver spoon refused to talk.

After what went on in the initial 3 years of an elected government who wants to talk to a self destructed regime. PTP had 3 years to prove their worth and threw it all to the dogs.

After what went on in the initial 3 years of an elected government who wants to talk to a self destructed regime. PTP had 3 years to prove their worth and threw it all to the dogs.

Thank for for admitting they were elected. Of course the judge of success or failure in a democracy, is the electorate. They get to decide whether PT 'self destructed'.

It's their voter judgement, the agencies and Abhisit are working so hard to prevent. It's not difficult to see which was the voters would vote if the EC held an election.

"He agrees with me that the politicians should solve political problems", How many coups is it that Thailand has had? Looks like there is another on the horizon. Who was the Supreme Commander in 2006? Sounds like a broken record. I just hope things don't get out of hand and some big battles erupt and a lot of people get hurt. The fuse is burning.

It's good to see Abhisit acting like a politician. Is he the leader of the Opposition or is it Suthep? I thought an Opposition should make capital out of a government's mistakes, but I guess this is the Thai version of politics.