Yingluck says Abhisit should be given chance to seek solution

webfact

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva should be given a chance to try to find a solution for the political crisis.

"Abhisit should be allowed to try his best and we will monitor his moves," Yingluck said.

She said if Abhist manages to find a solution accepted by all sides, it would benefit the country.

"The government is open-minded to support anyone in anything that is useful for the country," Yingluck said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-28

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva should be given a chance to try to find a solution for the political crisis.

"Abhisit should be allowed to try his best and we will monitor his moves," Yingluck said.

She said if Abhist manages to find a solution accepted by all sides, it would benefit the country.

"The government is open-minded to support anyone in anything that is useful for the country," Yingluck said.

She is starting to sound like a real Thai politician biggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

She is starting to sound like a real Thai politician biggrin.png

Who is?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good. It is no time to reject solutions just because of who proposed them. At least he is trying to define some needed reforms and find a way to satisfy everyone. It is time to start ignoring that radical loose cannon Suthep and start listening to what Abhisit has to say.

The question is what are the reforms that's being talked about ,a complete revision of the constitution, the introduction of second party signatures on government expenditure , ????

• Like 2

Actually she is countering his thrust with a parry... and smart to do it ...if indeed there ever is an election the politicking has already begun. She also said she would meet with him,,, so she certainly cannot faulted for that..she is giving him more credence than Suthep for which she had no reason whatsoever to mediate with as he is only an insurrectionist not a possible counterpart in politics in the future...or is he...LOL.. who knows...if Abhisit's efforts result in something substantial.. and something do-able she'd be foolish to have closed the door in advance..it is to everyone's benefit... I have this feeling that deals are already in the works and will undoubtedly be surprised again over the next few months...a more moderate landing may yet come to pass.. though so far I have yet to see Abhisit's plan so will have to wait a few more days for that... but this press release is no more toxic that Abhisit's claim that he has the support of the SC who agrees with him that all sides need to work together... wonder what the headlines will be tomorrow.. Suthep's cat had kitten's...?

Yingluck is not in a position to do any deals, she is crawling-trying to be a sweet mouth.

Had 3 years -new exactly what her party were up to, got into big time Dung, now in mega trouble and losing support every day.

Yingluck is trying to save as much face as possible. Wish I could believe her good intentions, her history she gave to me doesn't sway me.

It even looks like --"I'm sorry" time, so do what you can.

Well until the ruling she is still there... no matter what you think will happen or are convinced will happen or have knowledge of that I don't...she is still there she did not capitulate within any of the deadlines or declarations by Suthep ... she did not fold, she did not topple with all that Suthep and his mob threw at her and you can be as happy as a pig in a poke when and if she is finally toppled by the judiciary coup,,, or an actual military coup but until then... all parties are now in a face save mode... so we will still have to wait a bit longer... i still believe a lot of us will be surprised with the final outcome.. some maybe even delighted...

Are you trying to tell me she is still there ?? she did not fold you said---she did not topple---she was toppled -it was self inflicted and well you know it --do not give me this Suthep tripe. I don't give a fig for her or the PTP as it happened they were the party that was not democratic, I would have given any party hell if they abused the same as they did. I do not feel sorry for her one bit, she and PTP abused power and are paying for it.

• Like 1

Very catchy, not as good as "my family doesn't want power, only peace" or "I am not clinging to power", but it is difficult to come up with those REALLY big whoppers every time.

• Like 1

Actually she is countering his thrust with a parry... and smart to do it ...if indeed there ever is an election the politicking has already begun. She also said she would meet with him,,, so she certainly cannot faulted for that..she is giving him more credence than Suthep for which she had no reason whatsoever to mediate with as he is only an insurrectionist not a possible counterpart in politics in the future...or is he...LOL.. who knows...if Abhisit's efforts result in something substantial.. and something do-able she'd be foolish to have closed the door in advance..it is to everyone's benefit... I have this feeling that deals are already in the works and will undoubtedly be surprised again over the next few months...a more moderate landing may yet come to pass.. though so far I have yet to see Abhisit's plan so will have to wait a few more days for that... but this press release is no more toxic that Abhisit's claim that he has the support of the SC who agrees with him that all sides need to work together... wonder what the headlines will be tomorrow.. Suthep's cat had kitten's...?

Yingluck is not in a position to do any deals, she is crawling-trying to be a sweet mouth.

Had 3 years -new exactly what her party were up to, got into big time Dung, now in mega trouble and losing support every day.

Yingluck is trying to save as much face as possible. Wish I could believe her good intentions, her history she gave to me doesn't sway me.

Well until the ruling she is still there... no matter what you think will happen or are convinced will happen or have knowledge of that I don't...she is still there she did not capitulate within any of the deadlines or declarations by Suthep ... she did not fold, she did not topple with all that Suthep and his mob threw at her and you can be as happy as a pig in a poke when and if she is finally toppled by the judiciary coup,,, or an actual military coup but until then... all parties are now in a face save mode... so we will still have to wait a bit longer... i still believe a lot of us will be surprised with the final outcome.. some maybe even delighted...

Are you trying to tell me she is still there ?? she did not fold you said---she did not topple---she was toppled -it was self inflicted and well you know it --do not give me this Suthep tripe. I don't give a fig for her or the PTP as it happened they were the party that was not democratic, I would have given any party hell if they abused the same as they did. I do not feel sorry for her one bit, she and PTP abused power and are paying for it.

So who is the caretaker Pm now...?

Who Is the caretaker defense Minister now...? and all the other caretaker cabinet members continuing to keep this whole thing running...?

The ones getting the decrees? the ones attempting to get people paid... the ones committed to doing what they are mandated to do until a new election or other occurrences that may change the game...?You...? You are now the caretaker everything..? Darn..I missed that one! Sorry to have disrespected you omnipotent one... Go on rant your rants ... you keep repeating them over and over... that is fine... but no matter how much you spit into the wind the fact remains she is still at this moment the caretaker PM despite of the millions and millions of baht and hundreds and hundreds of demands thrown at her... by the un democratic _Democrat Party, Suthep and all his cronies... and anybody with a sober.. look at all of this can see that every Pm here as far back as there have been PM's probably have had things go badly or flat out been exposed for corruption... including the party that you may cheer for now so at this point self- righteousness is ill spent... and I care not who you pity, or you "feel sorry" for..it has nothing to do with the OP

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 2

I've no idea what she's up to but I hope that her statement was an honest one. As I've said elsewhere her problem is that since the last election she hasn't been the real PM and she wouldn't have been able to do the job anyway. If she'd taken a more normal, slower route to the top or at least to a level she was comfortable with I wouldn't be surprised if she did a good job. Unfortunately she didn't and there's no guarantee that she'll be able to do much now without asking someone else first rather than consulting with the party as should be the case.

A great pity.

How does anyone expect a single mother, with no political clout ( apart from being related to Mr corrupt) or experience to be able to run successfully a country that is so divided . I personally believe there is only one half politician in Thailand and that is Abhisit. So why go hell for leather times ago to dislodge him and his democrat party, to take his place and then fail big time. Unbelieavable.

• Like 2

Now, she is taking the piss out of him.

What a sad state of affairs.

Or maybe just maybe serious? The devious cretin indeed. Sounds Google though hey? The dems just been sitting on their bottoms for the last 6 months waiting for a coup. Let's move on hey and hope the best!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who Is the caretaker defense Minister now...? and all the other caretaker cabinet members continuing to keep this whole thing running...?

The ones getting the decrees? the ones attempting to get people paid... the ones committed to doing what they are mandated to do until a new election or other occurrences that may change the game...?You...? You are now the caretaker everything..? Darn..I missed that one! Sorry to have disrespected you omnipotent one... Go on rant your rants ... you keep repeating them over and over... that is fine... but no matter how much you spit into the wind the fact remains she is still at this moment the caretaker PM despite of the millions and millions of baht and hundreds and hundreds of demands thrown at her... by the un democratic _Democrat Party, Suthep and all his cronies... and anybody with a sober.. look at all of this can see that every Pm here as far back as there have been PM's probably have had things go badly or flat out been exposed for corruption... including the party that you may cheer for now so at this point self- righteousness is ill spent... and I care not who you pity, or you you feel sorry for..it has nothing to do with the OP

You are trying to tell me what--what a fantastic PM she has been ??? PTP have performed flawlessly???

They are attempting to get people paid ??? you think every one is stupid ?? they had the money to pay before any protests and they didn't. WHY ??

My posts are not rants I try to put facts down but that goes against the grain of posters like you in denial--yes it it the same rhetoric but why do you reply with denial remarks all the time, you should be ashamed of yourself for aiding and abetting a regime. BUT it is your choice-freedom of speech and all that.

• Like 2

Given the recent statements made by Surapong, Chalerm, Prompong, and Yingluck - it sounds as if they haven't yet been formally introduced to each other. They are each on wildly different pages regarding Abhisit's proposal. They even seem to be on different planets. Is it possible that none of them know what they're doing or haven't thought of the revolutionary concept of actually coordinating their narrative ? Yingluck doesn't seem to have grasped the idea that she is part of this herself. Does she see herself as an interested but un-involved observer, where reform is just handed to her after the fact ? Doesn't she see that she is part of the process ? She makes no mention of Abhisti's offer to engage in conversation with both she and her brother. She doesn't seem to have grasped that she is actually part of the equation at all. How has she managed to distance herself from her position to the point that she can be so quizzical ? What exactly has she grasped anyway?

Nothing to be honest Scamper. But how and by what means are your eloquent posts to enlighten the already enlightened? How about posting something from an original mind set if I may say so and not repeating what we already know?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Abhisit has kept quite recently, now all of a sudden hitting the headlines, I wounder why, maybe Abhisit is the chosen one.

Do not under estimate Abihisit, if he did not care for Thailand he would not be their now.

The ones getting the decrees? the ones attempting to get people paid... the ones committed to doing what they are mandated to do until a new election or other occurrences that may change the game...?You...? You are now the caretaker everything..? Darn..I missed that one! Sorry to have disrespected you omnipotent one... Go on rant your rants ... you keep repeating them over and over... that is fine... but no matter how much you spit into the wind the fact remains she is still at this moment the caretaker PM despite of the millions and millions of baht and hundreds and hundreds of demands thrown at her... by the un democratic _Democrat Party, Suthep and all his cronies... and anybody with a sober.. look at all of this can see that every Pm here as far back as there have been PM's probably have had things go badly or flat out been exposed for corruption... including the party that you may cheer for now so at this point self- righteousness is ill spent... and I care not who you pity, or you you feel sorry for..it has nothing to do with the OP

You are trying to tell me what--what a fantastic PM she has been ??? PTP have performed flawlessly???

They are attempting to get people paid ??? you think every one is stupid ?? they had the money to pay before any protests and they didn't. WHY ??

My posts are not rants I try to put facts down but that goes against the grain of posters like you in denial--yes it it the same rhetoric but why do you reply with denial remarks all the time, you should be ashamed of yourself for aiding and abetting a regime. BUT it is your choice-freedom of speech and all that.

Read my post... I never said she was a fantastic PM anywhere..... you play a game of disassociate reasoning by trying to inject your suppositions into my text..I never mentioned anything about PTP... you have them haunting you I guess... go rant your rants on a relevant post but try and stick to the topic here... and don't attempt to insert conjecture in my text with your suppositions... I deny nothing things are what they are.. I merely made a comment about a hopeful resolution and given all the negativity it may have some kind of positive outcome the two of them talking and him trying... but I rather doubt it because he to date has been the least effectual one in the whole scheme of things..

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 2