Meeting decent thai women ?

hawkeye76

Ok, here we go.. Slightly personal situation..

I have been in a 5 year+ long relationship with a thai woman, and now started to look for something better.

New beginnings and all that.. Broke up with my ex 2 years ago..

Moved to CM last year, and is trying to build a new life, and all that..

SInce then, i came to the conclusion that either i must be the dumbest mother <deleted> or something, as im finding it hard to meet a decent woman in CM. Plenty of golddiggers, but no one really serious.

I dont drink in my day to day life = do not go to bars all the time, and is likewise not interested in dating a bar girl, or massage girl. +++.

Financially im good/fine, (not rich but normal western eu salary = upper middle class in thailand, i guess) + i have a good education (thai people like that ..).. But i came to the conclusion that its almost impossible to find a decent woman here in CM for me, no matter what. The good ones are all taken already, or they are not interested in foreigners.. Not sure..

The girls i found in shopping malls and so on, all wanted to quit their jobs so i could take care of them within the first week of the "relationship". Identical story happened 3 times = Out the door asap! In time, sure i can take care of them if they dont want to work.. But not right away.. Im not an atm ..

Im 37 years old, normal looking guy, slightly on the big side, non-thai speaker!, Living here fulltime in rented nice house. What am i doing wrong.. In Bangkok (i go there sometimes for weekend break) i get several offers from working class ladies every time, but here in CM its almost impossible to meet anybody.. I just never want to live in Bkk. Gives me headackes from pollution. I dont know if its a culture difference about the women her, or.. More closed off women here maybe, or what is going on..

Have anyone have experienced similar things..

And if so, can you please give some advice.

Last but not least.. If you know a decent, english speaking attractive (Not a 250lbs elephant!) woman let me know in a private mail..

Personally i would never date a bar girl in my home country, so see no need to make that mistake here..

Same goes for many other things in life.. Im sure many have great relationships even if the girl comes from a bar, but i have lived here for a long time, and most of the relationships i seen is ended in shit for the foreigner! The woman usually have a nice new house though, lol.. I will just never be that guy.

But hope to get some ideas/answers..

I've been told that good honest thai women won't date foreigners, culture thing!!! How true that is I don't know.

Perhaps learning thai would help!!

Goodluck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I didnt say that, or anything close !!

I did say: "I dont know if its a culture difference about the women her, or.. More closed off women here maybe, or what is going on.."

However, the thai language is surely a factor. Have been trying, but finding it very hard to stick in my head..

maybe need intensive studies or something.. but unless your retired, who got that time (5+ hours per day!)..

if you have good luck in Bangkok, why not spend some time there every so often and meet some girls? if they like you they will surely visit you in Chiang Mai. many years ago when i was single i had a nice g/f in Bangkok and i lived in C.M. my g/f at the time would come up and visit often.

i don't think anyone can honestly answer your questions. everyone is different. but if you have good luck in BKK - then go with it!

good luck.

OP, please, define decent woman or share with us your fantasy about a decent woman.

Because, I, believe it only exists in your fantasy.

he probably means a non-prostitute or ex-prostitute from Isaan or a drug user.

if you think they only exist in fantasy then you are incredibly uninformed.

Edited by Oscar2
  • Like 2

The OP is like many farangs that I know. They think that just by being a farang, Thai women will be lining up to be with them. Yes, some Thai women...but these women are not lining up for the right reasons. Most normal Thai women are not after a man for his money. But there are some that have money high on their priority list. And these are the Thai women who are after farangs. Accept it. Ask yourself, "what woman would want to be with a man that she can barely communicate with?" Therein lies the answer to why the OP is meeting the wrong women.

OP needs to lower his expectations a bit. Let's face it, he wants a woman much more attractive than himself, i.e., better than he deserves. Such a woman exist, but will likely be only attracted to his finances. But if he's willing to accept an older woman, say, 35+, average to below average looks, perhaps even a single mother, the field is wide open.

• Like 2

I believe cm is full of decent women. I am serious.

I have found that all the great things are out there for the taking. How much you experience from it is up to you.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Go a little older...the kids will be grown, but only find one with a job, they will drive you crazy if they are around all the time, and when they are at work; not only are they not spending your money, but they are making some of their own. I'm amazed at how sloppy many of them are with money....I'll save that for another day.

Quick question: Do you speak Thai? If not you are greatly limiting the number of women you can have a conversation with, which greatly limits your options.

Most or all educated Thai women have studied English, but most have had little opportunity to practice conversational English.

Not speaking Thai is your down fall. I am always meeting new people, including nice educated women, through daily interactions. Though maybe they will play they "quit my job game" too.

Ex who has an MS in Teaching English and runs her own tutoring company / business - Met her at work years ago

my other ex I met through friends, she has a BA in English and Italian and a MA in Fashion design from Sweden.

After getting out of a relationship with the second girl I knew I would only be in country a bit longer, so for the hell of it I joined Thai Friendly.

Honestly, I met a lot of great girls. I had t weed them out and met only 6 of the 90 or so who I talked to in a 6 week period.

Lots of girls were outside CM, so I took them off the list. Then any girl who's profile was just sexy shots, as it was clear she was probably using all she's got for advertising, then I talked longer to some of the educated girls or maybe they lied about that on their profile) and I finally met them. Also I would never talk to them about how they were cute etc, just asked them about their interests etc. All of the girls I met were sane and quite polite, we just didn't click. I still talk to a few of them now.

• Like 1

What I mean is by decent and honest thai women is uni educated in families with money.

Tell me one for foreigner you know who is married to a thai who's family is minted!!! You can't cos it doesn't happen.

Even some girls who work in the shopping malls or hairdressers by day are whores by night ( Fact).

As far as I'm concerned the day you give your first monthly 'fee' to your wife then your life and purse strings are slowly getting cut to ribbons.

I am married to a Burmese girl, I don't give a monthly fee as she is my wife, I am not renting her!!!!!

She works full time in uk as a carer and I run a small business. 13 years and I have never paid a monthly (rental) fee and I never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

By my own experience, I think is not easy to find a decent woman in Thailand if your daily activity is not related with a "normal" working class. Most decent women, like in others countries, single or divorced, are 8AM to 5PM working women or university students/teachers. I am a lot older than you, and married, and never was looking for very young women like the ones probably you are interested in meeting, but I see many nice women working in big stores and banks, real estate companies, dealerships, medical clinics, universities, language schools, weddings and temple's events, art galleries, shopping mall, etc. Decent women are also very concerned about image and reputation, no frequenting bars or some karaoke places, or dressing too "western". Anyway..and by own experience, Most Thai women are very much interested in a find an "sponsor" to change for better life, to travel more, or to get a business partners, etc, etc, than to find love and affection when dating a foreigner. Love will be just a plus, and for a young westerner, that may be a problem for a "normal" relationship if looking for real commitment.

To find the right one can be a long journey....and you will have a lot more chances in be successful if you speak Thai. ....if not..take the time to learn it. If you are lucky, you may meet a fluent English speaker. Love do not happens without good communication. but looks like you are in the right age, experience, and life's situation to do it. No compromises. "Luck doesn't exist. Luck is when opportunity meets preparation"

Make a list of your "wants and needs" and do not give up. Good luck.

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 2

a friend of mine gets more tale than a tuk tuk seat,,,he had a thai friend write in perfect thai " thailand is the greatest country in the world..i would love to learn to speak real thai..would you like to learn more english? lets get together and practice languages together ..please call..i would like to be your friend ( phone number )"…he went to the printer and had 1000 cards printed..every time he sees a girl he likes he hands the card to her while wearing an unthreatening soft semi shy smile…the card doesn't say woo hoo your sexy blah blah ..girls know where its going to lead..its classier..if they call meet up for a coffee..thats about as cheap as you can get away with i guess

• Like 1

The OP is like many farangs that I know. They think that just by being a farang, Thai women will be lining up to be with them. Yes, some Thai women...but these women are not lining up for the right reasons. Most normal Thai women are not after a man for his money. But there are some that have money high on their priority list. And these are the Thai women who are after farangs. Accept it. Ask yourself, "what woman would want to be with a man that she can barely communicate with?" Therein lies the answer to why the OP is meeting the wrong women.

OP needs to lower his expectations a bit. Let's face it, he wants a woman much more attractive than himself, i.e., better than he deserves. Such a woman exist, but will likely be only attracted to his finances. But if he's willing to accept an older woman, say, 35+, average to below average looks, perhaps even a single mother, the field is wide open.

I have to say, i think i am not looking for the perfect woman..

Just a woman that is my female opposite.

Well educated, good honoust person, around 30 years, not looking for money, non gambling or drinking or smoking, non stealing, or any other stupid things..

I am a good honoust man with good manors, and moral values. I deserve someone good!

I am starting to understand, that some people, think everyone is like themselves.. "a heavy drinker", with the typical excuses "oh she is to hard to get.. just grab a bar girl..", because you have spend 0 years in school the last 40 years, and most likely have nothing to offer in a serious relationship, you think everyone else is in the same situation..

That is just wrong on countless levels..

I do know a perfect woman in Bangkok (Bank branch manager/career woman), who is exactly what im looking for, and she is crazy about me, but.. She cant leave bangkok because of work. So i have to live there.. I hate it there.. Hence im trying to find someone here..

lots of great nurses on the evening/night shifts, same with flight attendants....the old battle axes get the day shift.

i know 4 people who ended up marrying nurses..the girls were younger,,good looking and didn't want to quit their jobs AND they spoke enough english to sort of make it work..a lot of thai girls have been so burned by thai guys that a foreigner is a great option to share expenses with..the key is to take it slightly slow and go the friend route for the first week to 10 days…start off sincerely just wanting to be friends..also "friends" aren't forced to go buy a shopping mall..this gives you time to figure it out…and if things work then get happily married

post-143564-0-61037200-1398761367_thumb.

• Like 2