The always same random isaan song every day!

Sandman77

It seems to be the there is a very low limited number of songs the people listen ever day or night!

I ask my wife to translate , and it's always the same sad cry story in the song the husband go and never come back or via versa!

In the radio have hinderets of diffrent songs also old ones, but over songkran and every day in our village I can count only 4 or 5 identically songs!

The mowlam in isaan is for me not teak originally most of them is only playback

In Lao old mans sitting on the street and playing live with there instruments!

That makes the little diffrent that make

Something unique

in my village when they play music its the same for 6 hours seriously boring people..no-one on this planet can honestly say they have a music collection of one song..

You must be living in the wrong village then.

• Like 1

I guess they were still playing 'Gamlang style' over Songkran in a majority of towns .. thats been a big hit for over a year now. A disposable dance track disappears in a few weeks in the west.

I was in a supermarket the other day, 'OK Naka' was playing .. how old is that pop song ? 10-15 years. People still love to hear it.

Same with the old tunes.

Why does the storyline of Thai "drama" shows never change ? Why does my next-door neighbour eat 'gaeng som' everyday ?

It's a simple answer .. Because thats what they like.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

Thais can be over sensitive to comments about their sometimes awful Music. Referring to Xylophone Music a Newbie Mate said.." I wish they would turn that Plingy Plongy ,Tingy Tongy rubbish off "... His Dragon Smashed the table and stormed off.......told Him the "TingyTongy"bit caused it .!! Beware the Beer Fell Over. and thehit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

• Like 2

Thais can be over sensitive to comments about their sometimes awful Music. Referring to Xylophone Music a Newbie Mate said.." I wish they would turn that Plingy Plongy ,Tingy Tongy rubbish off "... His Dragon Smashed the table and stormed off.......told Him the "TingyTongy"bit caused it .!! Beware the Beer Fell Over. and thehit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Everyone around you MUST be living in the past.

My teenage daughter plays a bundle of new THAI Songs every day....as well as here Dad's favourites (in English) from a "Million" years ago.

Update your Musical selections.... Talk to a Teenager.

sirchai, on 29 Apr 2014 - 13:47, said:

Seems you have to go out more often. Please see them, they'll play at your house too.Or Gaga Sisaket? Life's too short.

Dam-n I must be old... I got bored watching the clips after 1:35.

Certain holidays have certain favorites. How many times do you hear Jingle Bells at Christmas?

Yes your right about 'Jingle Bells' during Christmas. However its not usually played at a sound level that has the capacity to crack glass lol

I don't find Thai morlam and luk tung too bad at all. Kah Rok kah rong (by Rock Salaeng) is a gem... including the video. Yeah, they repeat their favourites, but do you people know what 'pop' is in the west? Same thing. Popular songs put on rotation and you hear them in every club you go to and on the taxi radio etc etc. In my high school cafeteria, they'd play Hotel California every frickin' day at lunch time... made me hate the song ('you can check out but you can never leave' had a special irony in that context). So nothing so unusual here.

If you want to hear crappy rip-offs, search for Burmese pop on Youtube. A Burmese friend once sat down with me and showed me all of her favourite Burmese pop songs on Youtube. Most of them had simply stolen the melodies from well-known western pop songs... she was surprised each time when I showed her the western counterpart.

Anyway, back to Rock Salaeng, I can't find Ka Rock Ka Rong on Youtube, but this one ain't bad. And nice twist on the classic tale of the woman being cheated on by the man... in this case the woman gives up the guy with the motorcycle for the guy with a truck and a uniform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xumKoQQjg

Let me tell ya there is some great Thai music out there and I recon I am probably the only non Thai that regularly listens to it. I discovered this music at the Hua Hin night Bazaar. Its Thai Bossa Style and some great artists you can check out are:

Katie Pacific (She is half Aussie)

Ong Natcha

Calories Blah Blah

Any Thai modern Jazz

Da and the Idols (They bloody rock)

Lula

Praew Kanikul

Soul after 6

and tons more check it out you wont be sorry!!!

• Like 1

the rock and roll, and pop is the same...they have the same melody and lyrics '' shan rak ter'' (I LOVE HER),and dont even get me started on the rediculous game or comedy shows ,soaps, or thier pi ( ghost) movies.....the key to successful realtionship with your partner is boundaries and A TV IN ANOTHER ROOM....i invested 13000bt in set of bose noise cancelling headphones....the best money i have ever spent.....just nod and say''yes dear''.....while i listen to aerosmith.....

• Like 2