Will I get into trouble for having a one-way ticket?

Tell them you live in Bangkok and that you are going home. It worked for me...because it was true but no one asked me to prove it.

And if they then asked to see a retirement extension, work permit or whatever, and a recent exit stamp, to validate you have permission to live in Thailand, you are at a possible dead end and a confirmed liar.

I wouldn't recommend that.

Nor would I.

I've lived in Thailand for a number of years and check-in staff check my passport for permission to stay more often then not, be it on flights from Europe or other parts of Asia.

• Like 1

Tell them you live in Bangkok and that you are going home. It worked for me...because it was true but no one asked me to prove it.

And if they then asked to see a retirement extension, work permit or whatever, and a recent exit stamp, to validate you have permission to live in Thailand, you are at a possible dead end and a confirmed liar.

I wouldn't recommend that.

Nor would I.

I've lived in Thailand for a number of years and check-in staff check my passport for permission to stay more often then not, be it on flights from Europe or other parts of Asia.

They certainly look at mine in the UK...even if I do have to show it to them and tell them what it is. :D