Why do so many TV users dislike Thailand so much and yet stay?

beb

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you're even saying.

Oh God, not another post whining about TV members....from a TV member....albeit one with a very shaky self image.

OP Don't worry. If you don't like it try another forum where you'll be a "better fit"....

I'm sure you see yourself as a heroic defender of all things Thai.

I have no idea what you're even saying.

Oh God, not another post whining about TV members....from a TV member....albeit one with a very shaky self image.

OP Don't worry. If you don't like it try another forum where you'll be a "better fit"....

I'm sure you see yourself as a heroic defender of all things Thai.

That's because you're probably not bright :)

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

The best garden in the world needs a little manure.

You don't have to like or praise the manure though do you.

Negative advertising promotes Thailand? You don't really believe that do you? I mean really, Thailand does enough themselves with political turmoil, airport closures, floods and coups not to need any Farang bad mouthing to compliment the normal mix.

• Like 2

Negative advertising promotes Thailand? You don't really believe that do you? I mean really, Thailand does enough themselves with political turmoil, airport closures, floods and coups not to need any Farang bad mouthing to compliment the normal mix.

How did you manage to reach your monumental conclusion from a perfectly innocent little statement?

Telling people what you think they mean when they don't actually mean that at all is not an enviable trait.

• Like 1

Additionally, I think many of us find very little to respect of Thailand.

Check expat forums in even other countries in Asia and you won't find as much of the same type of complaining.

The main things that make Thailand perhaps more livable than other, similarly undeveloped countries is that Thais are At Least not very aggressive. They just kind of leave us alone, and we leave them alone and it works out well for everyone

Maybe because of bad experience within then year of stay!

I not believe that all people only have good experience !

Travel books talks only about the smiling faces, tv talks about everything!

This is the little difference that makes this board unique !

The good knowledge of each member and quick response!

I check many other boards , but a tourist traveler board is not the same then a expat board here!

Most advice for tourist not think to much of bad experience, take the good ones at home , keep a smile on your face and forget the bad ones, a expat can never do this style because

He stay always here

The bad face behind the smiling face

Or cheating ones

follow the expats on every step in daily life here!

It not have something to do talking bad about good old Siam!

Europe is even worse, unfriendly people that not response your hello on the street!

Or realistic high prices , and absolutely no future for pure expats that kicked out on the sideways of something called society !

This is the reason why we all stay here!

A travel book got money when talking good about a hotel or location!

But tv members did not get any sarang from our sponsors , that roll up my whole smartphone screen everyday!

We are all independent ,,and

Can talk about our feelings

Becaus it reflects, what real happen

in life!

• Like 1

How did you manage to reach your monumental conclusion from a perfectly innocent little statement?

Telling people what you think they mean when they don't actually mean that at all is not an enviable trait.

I thought you meant that without a little bad people would not think it was real. I said there is already enough bad without some Farang adding to it. Since you said I was wrong. What did you mean? No flame now...... Tell me what you meant and how I was wrong?

We all have a love-hate relationship here....the place is <deleted>***d....the people are nuts....traffic unavoidable......but in defence....I have a wonderful wife....and we live very well......without the bullshit of the west.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

We all have a love-hate relationship here....the place is <deleted>***d....the people are nuts....traffic unavoidable......but in defence....I have a wonderful wife....and we live very well......without the bullshit of the west.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Its invariably true that a man can be depicted accurately from his projection of the world. [You] ARE in essence what you see. The regrettable conclusion is the world is now too small, and the (a number) losers I sought to depart in the west are fully encamped here as well. This, then, is the "Farang" that Thai people rail against, embodied so eloquently by [some] losers here in TV defending the notion that disdain as healthy critique is nourishing. I am pleased I rarely have these bad experiences. I am pleased there are very few of you where I live. I get it! I really do. I understand why you are despised.

TV gives me less a keen perspective on the machinations of Thailand than on the actual reasons many Thai people resent you.

Edited by arjunadawn

Maybe because of bad experience within then year of stay!

I not believe that all people only have good experience !

Travel books talks only about the smiling faces, tv talks about everything!

This is the little difference that makes this board unique !

The good knowledge of each member and quick response!

I check many other boards , but a tourist traveler board is not the same then a expat board here!

Most advice for tourist not think to much of bad experience, take the good ones at home , keep a smile on your face and forget the bad ones, a expat can never do this style because

He stay always here

The bad face behind the smiling face

Or cheating ones

follow the expats on every step in daily life here!

It not have something to do talking bad about good old Siam!

Europe is even worse, unfriendly people that not response your hello on the street!

Or realistic high prices , and absolutely no future for pure expats that kicked out on the sideways of something called society !

This is the reason why we all stay here!

A travel book got money when talking good about a hotel or location!

But tv members did not get any sarang from our sponsors , that roll up my whole smartphone screen everyday!

We are all independent ,,and

Can talk about our feelings

Becaus it reflects, what real happen

in life!

You first imply that you don't and then imply that you do live in Thailand. Which is it? I think you get your knowledge like so many here online rather than from real life experiences in Thailand.

Yes the knowledge from real life experience are not the same like the google knowledge, or looking a travel movie and was in each country but only with the finger on the map!

it's when you get the finger off the map,and onto something warm and moist,that when discovery really begins.

Yes the knowledge from real life experience are not the same like the google knowledge, or looking a travel movie and was in each country but only with the finger on the map!

it's when you get the finger off the map,and onto something warm and moist,that when discovery really begins.

The bum gun is right next to you. Try it next time.

Edited by thailiketoo