Why do so many TV users dislike Thailand so much and yet stay?

beb

Please tell me you're not suggesting that the expats in places like Hong Kong, Seoul and Singapore are of a similar demographic to their counterparts holed up in the depths of Isaan and Pattaya?

The "specifics" of mongering have nothing to do with it.

Worse but not confined to Farang. It would be more accurate if I said I meant English speakers. But there is no way to verify this without discussing the specifics. There are places and people in Asia that make Pattaya and Issan look rather tame.

You think one or two individuals in a country counts to disprove what I said in my post?? Really??

Honestly, you're so completely out of touch with reality, it's a joke.

The reason there's no way to verify it is because it's tripe made up in your alternate reality.

You know, the one that always seems to be able to provide evidence to support your tall stories and comedic assertions

. . . until it can't.

Not two people; 91,254 page views per day discussing your statement. It's not like it's a secret from anyone besides you. There is one quite well known website in Singapore that has been around for 14 years. Do your homework.

Edited by thailiketoo

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about how Thais are hindering their development process by enforcing xenophobic rules and work laws thus creating a less than adequate living status for the average foreigners. And instead of proving me wrong you try to derail the topic by telling us what little do gooders they are. Yes I can see where this is goingn.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why should Thailand care if they create a less than adequate living status for the average foreigner?

True, but if west did the same thing to Thais. Would you protest against it or just sit there and accept that that's the way it is?

Have you ever applied for a visa for a Thai woman to the USA or UK? What are you? The West does worse. That's why I came to Thailand. I stay because I like it. Why do you? That is the title of the thread.

Please tell me you're not suggesting that the expats in places like Hong Kong, Seoul and Singapore are of a similar demographic to their counterparts holed up in the depths of Isaan and Pattaya?

The "specifics" of mongering have nothing to do with it.

Worse but not confined to Farang. It would be more accurate if I said I meant English speakers. But there is no way to verify this without discussing the specifics. There are places and people in Asia that make Pattaya and Issan look rather tame.

You think one or two individuals in a country counts to disprove what I said in my post?? Really??

Honestly, you're so completely out of touch with reality, it's a joke.

The reason there's no way to verify it is because it's tripe made up in your alternate reality.

You know, the one that always seems to be able to provide evidence to support your tall stories and comedic assertions

. . . until it can't.

Not two people; 91,254 page views per day discussing your statement. It's not like it's a secret from anyone besides you. There is one quite well known website in Singapore that has been around for 14 years. Do your homework.

I think you've had a few too many knocks on your head, mate.

Only you would intimate that there are more mongers in Singapore, HK or Seoul than there are in Thailand.

Anyway, you beam up to the mothership anytime you're ready . . .

I was talking about how Thais are hindering their development process by enforcing xenophobic rules and work laws thus creating a less than adequate living status for the average foreigners. And instead of proving me wrong you try to derail the topic by telling us what little do gooders they are. Yes I can see where this is goingn.

Why should Thailand care if they create a less than adequate living status for the average foreigner?

True, but if west did the same thing to Thais. Would you protest against it or just sit there and accept that that's the way it is?

Have you ever applied for a visa for a Thai woman to the USA or UK? What are you? The West does worse. That's why I came to Thailand. I stay because I like it. Why do you? That is the title of the thread.
Yeah the missus got a 10 year US visa without any fuss. Plan to use it again at the end of this year.

Just because someone is having a gripe about Thailand's inadequacies, doesn't necessarily mean he or she doesn't like the country or its people. It is true that no country is perfect and I complain about how things work back home but it just happens to be that now I live here.

And it's also true that no matter where you go, you will encounter nimwits that have a thing about absolutism and try to persuade others that this is all you are and all you can get so either accept it or get back where you came from.

Funny thing about these people, they are usually the ones trapped in the outskirts of bkk or some forgettable province in the north-east or the south.

Edited by maxme

Only you would intimate that there are more mongers in Singapore, HK or Seoul than there are in Thailand.

They call each other "bro" and not "mate" and they are not Farang and yes there are more. 10 times as many.

Because you don't know about something does not make me stupid.

No the title is why stay when you Dislike Thailand. If you like it everyone understand why you stay here.

No the title is why stay when you Dislike Thailand. If you like it everyone understand why you stay here.

Dear, He dislikes Thailand. Check out his posts in this or any other thread. So I asked why he stayed.

They call each other "bro" and not "mate" and they are not Farang and yes there are more. 10 times as many.

No that's not it.

You like to portray yourself as some sort of "old hand" groover throwback to the Beach Boys era who came over as a young, fresh guy in the US military who's seen it all and more or less has the joint sewn up.

What you fail to realise is that the world has moved on without you.

You're stuck in a time warp

. . . . bro

• Like 2

Dear, He dislikes Thailand. Check out his posts in this or any other thread. So I asked why he stayed.

Maybe he does. But I talked about you. And had your quote saying ""That's why I came to Thailand. I stay because I like it. Why do you? That is the title of the thread""

I think it is good to have a normal critical view on things and also be able to see things that are bad here. If Thai people in general also had this ability, then there would maybe not be so much corruption and e.g. rich people being above the law. They might also do something about the wide spread prostitution and look for better ways to expand tourism. They might even get a better educational system and end up with an international outlook. And I could go on forever...

Believing that everything is just perfect or covering up the truth does not improve anything or help anybody. It is just living in an illusion. Both Thai people and also many farangs here, could learn a lot about facing the reality of the real world, discussing it and learning from the bad things here.

Being critical in a constructive way, is for sure better than being stupid and naive.

• Like 2

Dear, He dislikes Thailand. Check out his posts in this or any other thread. So I asked why he stayed. [/

quote]

OK grandpa.

Point out to me in which post I state that I hate Thailand. Really, go ahead.

Maybe he does. But I talked about you. And had your quote saying ""That's why I came to Thailand. I stay because I like it. Why do you? That is the title of the thread""

What are you asking me?

Dear, He dislikes Thailand. Check out his posts in this or any other thread. So I asked why he stayed. [/

quote]

OK grandpa.

Point out to me in which post I state that I hate Thailand. Really, go ahead.

OK kid, if you can point out where I said you hated Thailand. Go ahead make my day. biggrin.png

No that's not it.

You like to portray yourself as some sort of "old hand" groover throwback to the Beach Boys era who came over as a young, fresh guy in the US military who's seen it all and more or less has the joint sewn up.

. . . . bro

Mongers are like any other niche group. They have places and publications that are relative to their interests. I would not expect you or many here to be aware of that. I read the forums that keep one abreast of the current trends and new places and clubs and I enjoy the news. Thai Visa is not a place where men gather to talk about the action in Asia. That's not bad. If you were a Chinese guy or a man from Singapore you would know what I'm talking about.

No that's not it.

. . . . bro

Mongers are like any other niche group. They have places and publications that are relative to their interests. I would not expect you or many here to be aware of that. I read the forums that keep one abreast of the current trends and new places and clubs and I enjoy the news. Thai Visa is not a place where men gather to talk about the action in Asia. That's not bad. If you were a Chinese guy or a man from Singapore you would know what I'm talking about.

Sorry but aren't you the guy who denied 'til he was blue in the face that he was sexpat?

I seem to recall you taking great umbrage at the suggestion that you'd paid for it.

Turns out that was a pack of lies, wasn't it?

Anyhoo, you carry on enjoying the "news" about the new mongering places and clubs but do try to remember that Jimi Hendrix is dead, Hawaiian shirts are extremely passe and dropping LSD is very much frowned upon these days.

• Like 1

I think it is good to have a normal critical view on things and also be able to see things that are bad here. If Thai people in general also had this ability, then there would maybe not be so much corruption and e.g. rich people being above the law. They might also do something about the wide spread prostitution and look for better ways to expand tourism. They might even get a better educational system and end up with an international outlook. And I could go on forever...

Believing that everything is just perfect or covering up the truth does not improve anything or help anybody. It is just living in an illusion. Both Thai people and also many farangs here, could learn a lot about facing the reality of the real world, discussing it and learning from the bad things here.

Being critical in a constructive way, is for sure better than being stupid and naive.

Who said Thailand was perfect?

This place tends to go way beyond constructive criticism - more like running down everything about the country then belittling anyone who disagrees.

• Like 2

No that's not it.

. . . . bro

Sorry but aren't you the guy who denied 'til he was blue in the face that he was sexpat?

I seem to recall you taking great umbrage at the suggestion that you'd paid for it.

Turns out that was a pack of lies, wasn't it?

Anyhoo, you carry on enjoying the "news" about the new mongering places and clubs but do try to remember that Jimi Hendrix is dead, Hawaiian shirts are extremely passe and dropping LSD is very much frowned upon these days.

I spent many years in Asia gaining experience for what you would call mongering. People and places change. My first visit to Singapore most all the elevators smelled like urine. That was a big problem back then. Now, I know which hot springs to go to in Taipei, where to meet college girls in Penang and a model for a car show in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The thread on living in JB has reached 500 pages. I know about the KTV scene in PRC and the ladies that are there. I got the tee shirt a long time ago. Thailand is Thailand but certainly not unique in Asia.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I spent many years in Asia gaining experience for what you would call mongering. People and places change. My first visit to Singapore most all the elevators smelled like urine. That was a big problem back then. Now, I know which hot springs to go to in Taipei, where to meet college girls in Penang and a model for a car show in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The thread on living in JB has reached 500 pages. I know about the KTV scene in PRC and the ladies that are there. I got the tee shirt a long time ago. Thailand is Thailand but certainly not unique in Asia.

Yes you are, indeed, a quality foreigner in Thailand.

You must be bristling with pride

Excuse my ignorance but when people use "monger", does that mean Whoremonger? I've never come across that term so I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

Excuse my ignorance but when people use "monger", does that mean Whoremonger? I've never come across that term so I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

It is just a normal man living in Asia. The term is used disparagingly by jealous folks from other parts of the world with more parochial life styles.

• Like 1

It is just a normal man living in Asia. The term is used disparagingly by jealous folks from other parts of the world with more parochial life styles.

You think it's normal to pay for sex?

Not everyone here shares your lifestyle.

Praise the Lord !

You think it's normal to pay for sex?

Not everyone here shares your lifestyle.

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand...if you did not know...

Does that mean that it does mean "whoremonger"?

Does that mean that it does mean "whoremonger"?

Different folks have different meanings for words. Different people have different cultural norms. Some people have 4 wives and other cultures that is illegal. Some business transactions are sealed with a handshake and a beer others KTV and a bottle. In the business world proprietary is not the same in China, Japan and the USA. If I completed a million dollar deal in China we would not celebrate in the same manner as America. Some people are turtles and try and carry their world in a shell on their back others can adapt to another culture without the weight of the shell.