Trying to Build Home in Issan, on a Slab! What a Nightmare!

My house is pier and post..Hawaii (rock). What about a slab, (some do that for the garage) leading to posts on the downhill side ? possible? Aloha

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by KonaRain

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To weigh in on the 50,000฿, that's unreal. When I had my house plans approved and stamped, many years ago now, it was more in the 1000฿ range. But I'm not sure that this is even what to OP is talking about. There is a 'review' if you can call it that, of the building plans, but I'm not sure he's even talking about that.

Edited by GinBoy2

If you in Khon Kaen area go to My Bar Aussie guy Norman he will guide you to builders that have built their own with Thai builders doing good job. My Bar is on the other side of the road to the Tuc Com shopping mall next to a 7/11.

I hope ThaiVisa let this through for you.

To weigh in on the 50,000฿, that's unreal. When I had my house plans approved and stamped, many years ago now, it was more in the 1000฿ range. But I'm not sure that this is even what to OP is talking about. There is a 'review' if you can call it that, of the building plans, but I'm not sure he's even talking about that.

Wasn't it the 'village headman'? funny..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you in Khon Kaen area go to My Bar Aussie guy Norman he will guide you to builders that have built their own with Thai builders doing good job. My Bar is on the other side of the road to the Tuc Com shopping mall next to a 7/11.

I hope ThaiVisa let this through for you.

good one..I knew some guys..helping our govt. architect friend in C.Mai.

I just figured out what Issan is..good luck..

Hi sorry just to jump in like this, but rather new to this. I'm living in Ban Mak Ya, going to be extending our kitchen soon. Can anyone please help me with a few contact details I need.

Ready mixed concrete suppliers close to me. Plus where can I get my hands on thermalite blocks or the Thai equivalent. Any assistance would be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hi sorry just to jump in like this, but rather new to this. I'm living in Ban Mak Ya, going to be extending our kitchen soon. Can anyone please help me with a few contact details I need.

Ready mixed concrete suppliers close to me. Plus where can I get my hands on thermalite blocks or the Thai equivalent. Any assistance would be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Just go to your local Global house. Thaiwatsuda .etc..

You have a Thai partner get them to find out.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I live in Isaan, built house slab on grade no problems. I think you are just battling the wifes desire for house on poles

Are we all talking about the same thing?

Slab= raft slab, where the slab forms also the foundation, then you can have columns for load bearing, or load bearing walls.

column and beam=footings are dug, usually about one meter deep, footing columns rise to the surface, beams connect the footing columns, a slab is supported by the beams.

Then you can have either load bearing columns or bearings.

I think so. I have load bearing columns at the appropriate points that support the structure, but the house is flat on the slab. Here's a picture of my living room, and you can see the one supporting column that's exposed.

Maybe we're talking different things?

My house is done so issues there.

We have another builder who removing these load bearing columns and doing some "gash" supporting steel welding with the roof.

(liike the one you show)

This all seems a very bad idea. I am trying to convince them why but I just can't. They the pillars are there for a reason to bear load. They should not be removed. In one case where the removal has taken place at the build stage there must be 20 square meters with no load bearing pillars just only haphazard steel welding up in the roof,They cut the pillars so I can see where they should have been on the plan.

Thoughts or experiences would be appreciated . There is one just being started which I do have an input to and concern. As I am not paying my close foreign relative is....I need examples to show him why this should not be done

PM Me if you prefer or post here