Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must confess I am receiving conflicting feedback on the type of music our customers wish us to play.

To be expected. You might throw some Northern Soul into the mix, maybe have a Northern Soul night, given the devotees here on the forum.

Mobi. Pies might be an idea.. easy to keep in the freezer and microwave or heat up in a small table top oven.

Probably many places around Pattaya to purchase.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is getting a bit silly now. Who goes out for a couple of beers and decides to eat a PIE.

Give me strength.

A houseboat would be a good idea,short walk to the lake,afternoon chugging around it, nice ladies obviously crewing it.Short time room problem overcome.

Yes, I can see the "Putanic" having one glorious inaugural sail-n-shag cruise before the local plod demand loadsa cash to get our Mobi out of jail.

Mobi. Pies might be an idea.. easy to keep in the freezer and microwave or heat up in a small table top oven.

This is getting a bit silly now. Who goes out for a couple of beers and decides to eat a PIE.

Give me strength.

Nothing silly about the guy going out for a couple of beers, getting seriously soused (can happen at Mobi's) and deciding he needs a fast and filling snack before going home/heading to the bright side/falling asleep in the parking lot. I have personally been 'saved' by the Jomtien Pie Man's passing pastry-food-emporium-on-a-bike and inhaled sausage rolls, pies or whatever was there to balance the way out of whack blood sugar.
  • Like 1

Give me strength.

Nothing silly about the guy going out for a couple of beers, getting seriously soused (can happen at Mobi's) and deciding he needs a fast and filling snack before going home/heading to the bright side/falling asleep in the parking lot. I have personally been 'saved' by the Jomtien Pie Man's passing pastry-food-emporium-on-a-bike and inhaled sausage rolls, pies or whatever was there to balance the way out of whack blood sugar.

If someone gets seriously plastered then you may have a point, but most folk go to Mobi's for a few beers to listen to Judy Garland or Lionel Ritchie andfor some some light relief (as the actress said to the bishop) trust me, you aint gonna see many people sitting there being served up meat pies on a plate with a knife and fork..

Edited by Pattaya Pat

I actually think there may have been the odd occasion when I might have had a pie in a bar.

The previous owner, (but one) used to sell pies there and I think he found some takers.

This owner eventually ended up owning the bar next to Mobi's where he had a cooler full of pies. I used to see punters buying them, but whether they ate them at the bar or took them home, I'm not too sure. I suspect mostly the latter. Anyway, he and his pies have now gone.

Someone kindly gave me a link to a pie supplier in Jomtien and I'll check them out one of these days.

I'm really not sure, to be honest. Pies are not particularly cheap and by the time I have added my mark-up, they will be fairly expensive, unless I just sell them as a 'loss leader'. I really doubt whether there would be many takers, but who can say for sure?

In the meantime, I will concentrate on hot dogs, French fries and now chicken nuggets which are all proving very popular and I am able to sell them at a half way decent price.

The question of whether to 'pie' or not to 'pie' remains open.....

• Like 1

You might be surprised how many people like a very late snack after leaving home at 6pm or so and are still out at 11pm or so ........

Yes, we have provided sustenance to many late at night..... (and I'm talking about food)

Last orders are around 11.40 p.m.

You might be surprised how many people like a very late snack after leaving home at 6pm or so and are still out at 11pm or so ........

They have hot dogs, chips and nuggets...the difference is you can eat these foods with your fingers, with a pie you gotta start bringing out plates and cutlery etc...I wouldn't sit in a bar up on the lake eating a pie..

They have hot dogs, chips and nuggets...the difference is you can eat these foods with your fingers, with a pie you gotta start bringing out plates and cutlery etc...I wouldn't sit in a bar up on the lake eating a pie..

Yes, I think you might be right on that.... good point.

post-25991-0-71713300-1402120375_thumb.p

Live at Mobi’s tonight.

Today’s order of Play at The French Tennis Open

8 p.m. (local time)

Women’s Singles Final

Sharapova (RUS)

v

Halep (ROM)

Followed by Men’s Doubles Final

Watch the tennis on one screen and/or enjoy music videos on the other.

Although our concentration is on older music, we will play other genres if there is sufficient demand. Last night we had some younger people in and we had an evening of MOR pop and classic rock. The only thing we will not play is hip-hop, techno/club and the like.

Mobi’s music has to have a 'sing-able' melody.

Hope to see you there.....

No cutlery or other fancy stuff needed......(best thing I ate in UK last month, THB 264!)

post-64390-0-85389800-1402121149_thumb.j

No cutlery or other fancy stuff needed......(best thing I ate in UK last month, THB 264!)

attachicon.gifpasty.JPG

The best thing you ate in the UK was a pie?

Uk make some very good pies and not just Pukka style I went to a pub recently near London that had a menu with 10 different pies.

All made in their kitchens.Busy too

Edited by chaiyapoon

Give me strength.

dunno, i often crave pie after a few ales, but perhaps our meanings differ.

Edited by HooHaa

Eating pies with knife and fork???!!

It must be a British thing. The tough bred Aussies eat their pies with their hands, it is a skill that is taught in your early school years, or at the football (irrespective of you preferred code). Not major issue if the pie is cooked correctly.

Another thing about pies here is that I have yet to find a really good pie. They are ok-ish but far from perfect. The best I have found are the 'no-name' pork pies you can get in Nana deli. They are pretty authentic - the pastry is perfect and there's a lot of tasty jelly.

I suppose I could sell those if I found the source but they ain't cheap...

Does that mean that the current choice of hot dogs, chips or chicken nuggets just gets dumped on the counter top in front of the customer?

Cutlery? We are talking pies here, not quiche.

Another thing about pies here is that I have yet to find a really good pie. They are ok-ish but far from perfect. The best I have found are the 'no-name' pork pies you can get in Nana deli. They are pretty authentic - the pastry is perfect and there's a lot of tasty jelly.

You could try

http://westernfoodsthailand.weebly.com

A friend that does it in his spare time. Not sure about delivery to pattaya.. maybe ask if interested

You could try

A friend that does it in his spare time. Not sure about delivery to pattaya.. maybe ask if interested

He even build a website in his "spare" time laugh.png

You could try

He even build a website in his "spare" time laugh.png

How else would he sell his products!!!!!!

The definition of spare time is someone who has a full-time job and doing other things outside of that job.

We don't all sit on our <deleted> all day. Some work full-time!

Edited by casualbiker

And I know a couple of mods who will want Bluegrass music when they come to visit whistling.gif

grammatically correct this would be worded "a mods couple"

:P

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Eating pies with knife and fork???!!

It must be a British thing. The tough bred Aussies eat their pies with their hands, it is a skill that is taught in your early school years, or at the football (irrespective of you preferred code). Not major issue if the pie is cooked correctly.

When you ate them at the footy the sauce and gavy just dropped to the ground.....now you have a big shelf to catch it....Have to have bibs too if you eat pies with your hands.

And I know a couple of mods who will want Bluegrass music when they come to visit whistling.gif

grammatically correct this would be worded "a mods couple"

tongue.png

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does a mod at a pub moderate?

Last time I saw you at one you just talked ate drank and unfortunately did not play music.