Volvo V40 Crosscountry

Neeranam

Neeranam if i remember right you're living upcountry.

My main concerns would be the price and availability of spare parts. There's nothing worse than having a car sitting there waiting weeks for spare parts.

My main concerns would be the price and availability of spare parts. There's nothing worse than having a car sitting there waiting weeks for spare parts.

Good point - thanks

Good point - thanks

and if you are living in hilly area you have no other choice except diesel with high torque.

• Like 1

Good point - thanks

and if you are living in hilly area you have no other choice except diesel with high torque.

If your experiences of petrol engined cars are limited to a 1951 VW Beetle I'd agree.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Try as I might, grappling with the Thai Volvo website, I could not find the price list. I fired off an email to the local Volvo dealer requesting the information, but my experience with these shows the reply rate can be quite low

Am I right in thinking that it would cost a bit more than more local contenders in the small SUV market like CRV, and the Malaysian made Mazda CX5 or Subaru XV. More comparable with the BMW X1?

In my long running quest to choose a car in this segment I had rather ruled the Volvo out not least because the nearest dealer is about an hour's drive away

Try as I might, grappling with the Thai Volvo website, I could not find the price list. I fired off an email to the local Volvo dealer requesting the information, but my experience with these shows the reply rate can be quite low

Am I right in thinking that it would cost a bit more than more local contenders in the small SUV market like CRV, and the Malaysian made Mazda CX5 or Subaru XV. More comparable with the BMW X1?

In my long running quest to choose a car in this segment I had rather ruled the Volvo out not least because the nearest dealer is about an hour's drive away

Some of the car makers web sites could be a lot better.

For a quick reference the Siam new car site is not bad:

http://www.siamnewcar.com/home_en.php

Some new models and specs are missing but prices are mostly there.

The V40 cross country is 1.92M Baht in TH, with the 2.0L T5 turbo gasoline engine.

.... and still no 4WD despite it's a cross country.. coffee1.gif

Beat me to it. Why on earth would you buy this car with no 4wd over the ordinary v40 ?

• Like 1