Technology in Thailand

This topic has gone stale so will bump it back up. Our preliminary optical bench configuration for single atom trapping in the Quantum Atom Optics Lab. Keeping me seriously busy and the only

type of photos I can do for now. Taken with my 13Mpixel LG G2 phone camera.

16047396114_3299d58a41_b.jpg

Link to larger images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/105272568@N06/16047396114/

If you are trapping single atoms in there I'm complaining to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Single Atoms, all atoms deserve to be free!

Married atoms need not apply as they became trapped of their own volition.

Edit Do the ballpoint pen, scissors and box cutter form a vital part of the apparatus??

Edit Do the ballpoint pen, scissors and box cutter form a vital part of the apparatus??

For optical component arrangement, alignment and focal length distance marking. You start off with a blank optical table and you 'draw' the configuration on it first or easy to get lost installing everything.

• 1 month later...

Slow topic so back up again. My latest design, hardware and software, tested and ready for operation. The tech building it for me wasn't too tidy, but it works. smile.png Also a video and best seen in full HD at YouTube. Brief description of what it does: Made with my Panasonic GH2 but rushed so not as clean as could be.

System to measure magnet field integrals in an undulator magnet. A moving wire through a magnetic field has the following equation. EMF(Volts) = Velocity(M/s) x (Length of wire in meters) x (field strength in Tesla). The wire is connected to a 1000x amplifier to boost the signal and the waveform data is integrated.

• 3 months later...

Bumping up again. I was volunteered to teach two French undergraduate students here on a 3 month internship fundamentals of control theory which, combined with all my other projects, have kept me quite busy. One is in IT and the other in engineering management so not electronic design engineers. Decided a project on something that we can use in the real world would be in order. This is an electron beam dipole magnet sweep controller for sweeping an electron beam over rubber polymer to cross-link the chains. The project was just finished up and tested today successfully. First clip the device is connected to a 12V motorcycle light bulb so they can visually see it operating. The 2nd test is with a solenoid magnet and a paperclip on a thread so they can see the magnetic field changing. smile.png

Best seen in 1080HD and full screen.

Archived