New Novel "behind The Night Bazaar

whimsy

Book review in todays Age Newspaper (Australia).

Drawing on her experiences in Chiang Mai, Behind the Night Bazaar is a crime novel with a social conscience.

While Keeney is no bleeding heart, her friend Didier is dedicated to preventing the spread of AIDS. When he and his lover are murdered, Keeney suspects a set-up and decides to investigate.

Seedy, humid and bustling, Savage's Chiang Mai provides the ideal backdrop as crooked cops and thuggish expatriates join together to stop Keeney from discovering the truth..... more

There is a photo of the author in the article. Anyone know her?

"Behind The Night Bazaar" is being published in Australia, and, if I remember right, it will be distributed internationally.

Her father has been a customer for quite a long time and asked me to do a book signing party at the main branch of Gecko Books when it comes out and I agreed, but the author e-mailed me a few weeks ago asking to put it off for a while, so I don't know if she will promote it here, or not.

I'm sure that she has been to Chiang Mai and I know that she has spent some time in Laos, but I didn't read the book, so I have no idea how good it is. :o

Doesn't mention Chiang Mai in the blurb. I'd suspect she used the name "Night Bazaar" because it's well known. She's probabley never been here.

A quote from the article..."Drawing on her experiences in Chiang Mai, Behind the Night Bazaar is a crime novel with a social conscience."

From that one would naturally presume that she had at least visited here.