Diet Pills Sold at the Market, What kind of pills can it be ? Esaan use them to lose weight.

"Seems crazy for me that someone can take pills without even knowing what it is ?"

I will guarantee that 99.99% of people take pills without knowing what it is. They trust the seller (in western world that is the doctor and or pharmacist) is providing something to help them achieve a desired result. And please don't come back arguing that doctors are qualified. How many times have you heard/read reports of people getting sick or dying or with serious side-effects from the medications prescribed to them??

This is 100% true by the way, prescription drugs were the number 1 cause of preventable death in the USA in 2013.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/10/08/drug-overdoses-kill-more-people-than-auto-accidents-in-29-states/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Seems crazy for me that someone can take pills without even knowing what it is ?"

I will guarantee that 99.99% of people take pills without knowing what it is. They trust the seller (in western world that is the doctor and or pharmacist) is providing something to help them achieve a desired result. And please don't come back arguing that doctors are qualified. How many times have you heard/read reports of people getting sick or dying or with serious side-effects from the medications prescribed to them??

Yes I agree. My wife came back with skin care and other cosmetics reported to make you look younger...yeah right! She bought a bunch of stuff from relatives (who sell it for a profit) who testify to the benefits. She probably spent 6,000-8,000 baht in total. While on layover between flights I looked up the ingredients like 'snail slime' or googled the concept like 'oral collagen pills' and showed her reports that say there has been no measurable benefits to these ingredients. I am a skeptic when it comes to skin care and anti aging potions. All she said was "Oh well".

Probably some herbal placebo stuff of which the only thing that is going to contribute to any weight loss is a strong dose of appetite reducing caffeine.

Anything harder than that would be a pharmaceutical stimulant can only be prescribed by a doctor, and will not be sold OTC by even the dodgiest of dodgy pharmacists for fear of harsh new(ish) penalties for those involved in yaba (methamphetamine) production of which they can be used as a precursor.

Actually there are class 2 controlled substances here in America. I took a picture of one of the pills that my wife's friend had and looked it up on one of the pill identification sites. I got a close but not an exact match but there are plenty of warning sites advising buyers to stay away. My wife was all for it until I stepped in.

Also when she first came here to live with me, I looked at her stash of drugs she got at the local clinic (7-11) and looked each one up on the drug directory and found some serious drugs in the pile which got flushed in the toilet. Some were pharmaceuticals that cannot be taken if you drink alcohol without serious consequences (cardiac arrest) and she said it was for menstral pain! I wonder how many Thai's have died due to the uneducated prescription of such drugs from 7-11 type 'clinics'.

I will guarantee that 99.99% of people take pills without knowing wha it is. They trustdoctortller (in western world that is the doctor and or pharmacist) is providing something to help them achieve a desired result. And please don't come back arguing that doctors are qualified. How many times have you heard/read reports of people getting sick or dying or with serious side-effects from the medications prescribed to them??

Yes I agree. My wife came back with skin care and other cosmetics reported to make you look younger...yeah right! She bought a bunch of stuff from relatives (who sell it for a profit) who testify to the benefits. She probably spent 6,000-8,000 baht in total. While on layover between flights I looked up the ingredients like 'snail slime' or googled the concept like 'oral collagen pills' and showed her reports that say there has been no measurable benefits to these ingredients. I am a skeptic when it comes to skin care and anti aging potions. All she said was "Oh well".

It's just a female thing. There'll always be a beauty aids industry, no matter what the snake oil factor. Government can maybe weed out the most dangerous stuff, but all but the most savvy women are drawn to the claims of younger-looking skin, etc., etc., etc, like moths to a flame.

Edited by hawker9000