Rice scheme case: Verdict could force Yingluck to step down, serve time

webfact

Yingluck must be shaking in her Burberries about the threat of a B2,000-20,000 fine (in addition to or instead of an up to 10 year jail sentence), if convicted by the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders.

She is unlikely to get impeached by the Senate after so many (non-partisan) red shirts got elected to the Senate. The real sword of Damocles will be the criminal prosecution which will take some time and will require a trip to Dubai just before the judgement day.

Edited by Dogmatix

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Prime Minister will not go to jail.

Any attempt to take this inquisition down that path will see an outright uprising and a strong display of public disgust at the process.

Even people who want to see the PTP replaced do not wish for the PM to be treated in this manner.

Nobody rose up when Thaksin was deposed, Nobody rose up when Thaksin was found guilty of corruption by the court for office holders. Thaksin had to create the 'UDD' to make uprisings happen and they happen on command of the Dear Leader. If Thaksin decides that Ms Yingluck's certain loss of her caretaker PM position deserves an uprising, then you will be correct in your assertion. As for her going to jail, I can't think of one person who thinks that will happen. She will follow her brother's example and leave the country. Poor Yingluck. She only wanted to help her family and now her brother has dropped her in the shit. She really didn't deserve that.

Whether she deserves it or not is subjective. She went along with her brother's plan to use her as a clone. Now she must take responsibility for whatever she did or failed to do in the role.

• Like 1

I want the books to be scrutinized and I want the graft to be investigated and I wish for Yingluck to spend at least 1 day in jail for each 1000 baht of money or worth of rice that is unaccounted for. Meanwhile, let's say that she can pay it off at a higher rate ( because we have to add interest at 25% per year ) See how much lost money and / or rice miraculously suddenly reappears. I think that would be extremely leniient on her really...

You guys are hilarious. You think she took the money? You really think that if money did go missing she should be the one and only to be punished.

If it did go missing it will involve thousands of dirty little mittens in the pie.

I never said or implied that I think she took it all. But she accepted the job of puppet PM hence she is the boss ( supposedly ) and hence the buck stops with her and I am sure she knew what was going on. She should take full responsibility. I am sure she knows where a great deal of it went and I am sure she could 'arrange' for it to be returned with the right motivation...

I send my father in law the money we can every month from New Zealand..

He is in Maha Sarakham and he gave his rice to Government and does not expect to be paid, ever

If that is not corruption what is..

I can not talk to him, I do not speak Thai at all, it is hard, Thailand is draining me.

I am sorry to say that if I had seen the future I would never have married this Isaan girl

]an explosion of violence will start when she is removed

the rayban monk never served time for all his crimes ,none of them do their time

Lol funniest post every !!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

]an explosion of violence will start when she is removed

the rayban monk never served time for all his crimes ,none of them do their time

Lol funniest post every !!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's an interesting thing for a political faction in a country that bills itself as the Land of Smiles: "Our Thaksinocracy must continue or we will start a campaign of violence."

Oh, wait a minute; ‘just another farang hothead with delusions of thaidom. Nevermind.

For once, China is leading the way on how to deal with corrupt politicians.

Corruption at a national level affects more people than drug smugglers and is much more lucrative!

The punishment should fit the crime (IMO).

Government corruption is unforgivable. It should be an HONOR to serve your country at a national level, not an opportunity to fill your pockets.

It's a shame that this attitude just doesn't exist in most countries (not just Thailand).

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I want the books to be scrutinized and I want the graft to be investigated and I wish for Yingluck to spend at least 1 day in jail for each 1000 baht of money or worth of rice that is unaccounted for. Meanwhile, let's say that she can pay it off at a higher rate ( because we have to add interest at 25% per year ) See how much lost money and / or rice miraculously suddenly reappears. I think that would be extremely leniient on her really...

You guys are hilarious. You think she took the money? You really think that if money did go missing she should be the one and only to be punished.

If it did go missing it will involve thousands of dirty little mittens in the pie.

I never said or implied that I think she took it all. But she accepted the job of puppet PM hence she is the boss ( supposedly ) and hence the buck stops with her and I am sure she knew what was going on. She should take full responsibility. I am sure she knows where a great deal of it went and I am sure she could 'arrange' for it to be returned with the right motivation...

Agree. It's about taking responsibility, a foreign concept; something she wouldn't be familiar with.

Family motto should be "buy your way out, or fly your way out!"

• Like 1

For once, China is leading the way on how to deal with corrupt politicians.

Corruption at a national level affects more people than drug smugglers and is much more lucrative!

The punishment should fit the crime (IMO).

Government corruption is unforgivable. It should be an HONOR to serve your country at a national level, not an opportunity to fill your pockets.

It's a shame that this attitude just doesn't exist in most countries (not just Thailand).

Exactly right - not just Thailand. Fighting corruption in any big, centralized government can never be more than a cat & mouse game. As cliche as it might be, it's universally true that power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely. We can see this in Thaksin, but he's really just a poster child. The solution is for people to simply not give so much power to government, but they unwittingly do exactly that every time they demand government solve every problem, legislate away every perceived injustice, and prevent every possible injury and gripe. A society that has no other resources with which to deal with its problems is not going to find any miraculous deliverance from "government", but unfortunately that is the very essence of liberalism.

Edited by hawker9000