Jump to content

Missing flight MH370: Relatives told to return home


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

Missing flight MH370: Relatives told to return home

(BBC) Malaysia Airlines has asked relatives of passengers on board flight MH370 to leave the hotel accommodation it is providing and return to their homes.


It is closing the family assistance centres set up after the plane vanished on 8 March with 239 people on board.

The airline promised to keep relatives up to date on the search operation.

Meanwhile, a report by Malaysia's transport ministry has recommended the introduction of real-time tracking of commercial air transport.

The ministry's air accident investigation bureau said there had now been two occasions over the past five years when large passenger planes had gone missing and their last position was not accurately known - MH370 and Air France Flight 447 in 2009.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27242522

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-02

Link to post
Share on other sites

The end of the begining.

I wonder how long they will pay to keep looking,until bankrupt?

I'd imagine the Ozzie and US families will sue them as far as possible and theChinese cannot be too happy.

Apart from the obvious lessons it seems they really cannot track aircraft in real time unless these governments are lying.

Also passport control at KLIA is meaningless

Link to post
Share on other sites

rolleyes.gif

KUALA LUMPUR (AP) ― Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China will meet early next week to decide on the next step in the search for the Malaysia Airlines jet, while expressing confidence Friday that the hunt was on the right track despite no wreckage being found so far.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140502001167

Link to post
Share on other sites

rolleyes.gif

KUALA LUMPUR (AP) ― Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China will meet early next week to decide on the next step in the search for the Malaysia Airlines jet, while expressing confidence Friday that the hunt was on the right track despite no wreckage being found so far.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140502001167

Australia and China have some interest in the plane being found. So they might be willing to spend some money on ongoing efforts. Not sure Malaysia has so much interest in the plane being found versus the story just fading away. Seems far more likely any blame falls their direction if it is found versus towards Boeing or some other possible cause. Either it was MAS crew, or someone let through security, or maybe something put on board versus some mechanical failure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

rolleyes.gif

KUALA LUMPUR (AP) ― Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China will meet early next week to decide on the next step in the search for the Malaysia Airlines jet, while expressing confidence Friday that the hunt was on the right track despite no wreckage being found so far.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140502001167

Australia and China have some interest in the plane being found. So they might be willing to spend some money on ongoing efforts. Not sure Malaysia has so much interest in the plane being found versus the story just fading away. Seems far more likely any blame falls their direction if it is found versus towards Boeing or some other possible cause. Either it was MAS crew, or someone let through security, or maybe something put on board versus some mechanical failure.

From Australian media reports and statements made by both Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey, it would seem Australia is very keen to continue the underwater search. For how long I don't know.

I am also led to believe that Australia at this point is absorbing much of the cost, which I find a little odd, perhaps this is not correct but IMO it's important to find the aircraft if we have any chance in finding out what occurred during that flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

rolleyes.gif

KUALA LUMPUR (AP) ― Senior officials from Malaysia, Australia and China will meet early next week to decide on the next step in the search for the Malaysia Airlines jet, while expressing confidence Friday that the hunt was on the right track despite no wreckage being found so far.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140502001167

Australia and China have some interest in the plane being found. So they might be willing to spend some money on ongoing efforts. Not sure Malaysia has so much interest in the plane being found versus the story just fading away. Seems far more likely any blame falls their direction if it is found versus towards Boeing or some other possible cause. Either it was MAS crew, or someone let through security, or maybe something put on board versus some mechanical failure.

From Australian media reports and statements made by both Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey, it would seem Australia is very keen to continue the underwater search. For how long I don't know.

I am also led to believe that Australia at this point is absorbing much of the cost, which I find a little odd, perhaps this is not correct but IMO it's important to find the aircraft if we have any chance in finding out what occurred during that flight.

The Australian head of the search operation has stated he believes the wreckage will untimately be located on the seabed, but currently estimates it could take up to a further twelve months. The estimated cost of A$60 million for location efforts is being funded by the Oz government who have suggested that other governments e.g. China and Malaysia contribute funding for the project.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple,

That's what I heard. I have not a problem with it really, I feel for everyone who had a loved one on the plane and the industry needs some sort of answer.

I do not get it though, Australia funding it all.

1. Malaysian flight originating in KL, em route to China. 239 souls on board and I think 5 were Aussies. So it makes sense for Australia to pay it all because it fell closes to Australia, somewhere in international waters?

Kudos for the Aussie govt not bickering about it but IMO something that both Malaysia should be funding the majority of.

I could see this could easily blow out to be years

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes well Malasia and China are affected by the Asian selfishness trait so don't expect too much in the way of contribution from them. Life is worth less in Malasia andChina than it is in Australia.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple,

That's what I heard. I have not a problem with it really, I feel for everyone who had a loved one on the plane and the industry needs some sort of answer.

I do not get it though, Australia funding it all.

1. Malaysian flight originating in KL, em route to China. 239 souls on board and I think 5 were Aussies. So it makes sense for Australia to pay it all because it fell closes to Australia, somewhere in international waters?

Kudos for the Aussie govt not bickering about it but IMO something that both Malaysia should be funding the majority of.

I could see this could easily blow out to be years

The current search area comes under Oz search and rescue responsibility.

China is considered #1 in regional importance to the Oz government and Malaysia due to the 'boat people' and other matters. It sounds cynical, but I would assume other than being 'good neighbours' its important to Oz government for future diplomatic considerations; much like the policy of Aust aid for Indonesia.

Some articles that cover this in more detail.

http://theconversation.com/who-will-bear-the-60m-cost-of-the-search-for-mh370-26050

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/missing-mas-plane/story/cost-pressure-mounts-search-mh370-drags-20140430

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how Australia is funding the search operation:

The Australian Government announced yesterday (02-May-2014) that the Old Age pension eligibility will rise from 65 years to 70 years for anyone born after 1965.

This is so we can continue to bleed money by pooring massive amounts of international aid into many other countries; for their benefit.

Oh year, Politicians retirement benifits were not affected in the reform; lucky them.

Edited by RJJ
Link to post
Share on other sites

The airplane was reported to have been carrying approx. 200kg of lithium batteries.

It is in the interests of all cargo carriers to find out what happened.

That was one of my first questions about The flight, whether it was carrying Lithiums.

At the risk of sounding argumentative with you, the 'Aviation industry' and in particular the cargo sector are well aware of the dangers in relation to Lithiums. It would seem that insurers also have factored the dangers in and it is well accepted that there will be certain percentage of Cargo planes (& crew) lost over a period of time. I can remember the exact figures, they're in one of the many investigations I have on my PC database but it was 3.5 crews in x amount of cargo hours/miles flown. PURELY TERRIFYING IMHO.

These batteries should never be on any cargo flight and most certainly not passenger ones. Again the general public is being kept in the dark with numerous developments in the Aviation industry, there's hundreds of disasters in waiting departing daily, worldwide. Is it possible, with all the developments in technology that aviation is actually getting more dangerous? A big smoking gun IMO is Pay2Fly, but not related to flight MH370.

Just a few days ago a plane had a cargo bay fire on the ground at Melbourne Australia. Fortunately the fire was detected by the crew early and a bag removed from the cargo bay, smoking. It took them almost half an hour to put the bag out with fire hoses.

There is NO CHANCE of putting a Lithium battery fire out, during flight. You virtually need to immerse the object in water to put it out.

Lithium batteries have no place on planes. The new Boeing 787 uses them for aircraft systems. There was such a problem with this that Boeing eventually had to house the batteries in fire proof boxes in order to have this aircraft re certified as airworthy. For anyone that even knows a little about this aircraft, that's alarming in itself, due to the nature of the aircraft systems but nothing to do with this topic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple,

That's what I heard. I have not a problem with it really, I feel for everyone who had a loved one on the plane and the industry needs some sort of answer.

I do not get it though, Australia funding it all.

1. Malaysian flight originating in KL, em route to China. 239 souls on board and I think 5 were Aussies. So it makes sense for Australia to pay it all because it fell closes to Australia, somewhere in international waters?

Kudos for the Aussie govt not bickering about it but IMO something that both Malaysia should be funding the majority of.

I could see this could easily blow out to be years

The current search area comes under Oz search and rescue responsibility.

China is considered #1 in regional importance to the Oz government and Malaysia due to the 'boat people' and other matters. It sounds cynical, but I would assume other than being 'good neighbours' its important to Oz government for future diplomatic considerations; much like the policy of Aust aid for Indonesia.

Some articles that cover this in more detail.

http://theconversation.com/who-will-bear-the-60m-cost-of-the-search-for-mh370-26050

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/missing-mas-plane/story/cost-pressure-mounts-search-mh370-drags-20140430

No doubt you are right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether or not there was a lithium sparked fire on board, why would the pilot manually turn off communication devices? Why not a peep heard from anyone on-board? No mayday, nothing. Unless it was an all-consuming explosion - in that case, the plane would have gone down closer to Vietnam, and at least some debris would have been noticeable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia can send bills to Malaysia and China, but here's the likelihood it will get compensation:

3% likelihood from China.

1% from Malaysia.

Farang countries like Australia and the US, will do the lion's share of the search, and farang countries will fund it. ...and hopefully they'll find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether or not there was a lithium sparked fire on board, why would the pilot manually turn off communication devices? Why not a peep heard from anyone on-board? No mayday, nothing. Unless it was an all-consuming explosion - in that case, the plane would have gone down closer to Vietnam, and at least some debris would have been noticeable.

I don't want to enter a tit for tat argument over any of this, which is one of the main reason I've been silent virtually on this forum and the other one, however there's any endless list of possibilities that can explain the issue surrounding 'communication' issues from MH370.

One day perhaps, we shall know more and there may be some hard evidence to back it up, until then I shaddup ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boeing, Rolls-Royce to Face Bill Over Hunt for Flight MH370


Boeing and Rolls-Royce could be asked to help fund a new $55-million phase of the hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines jet, Australia’s transport minister said Monday.


“We will need to discuss with Malaysia and China and other parties who have an interest in how that or other costs might be shared,” Warren Truss told reporters in Canberra. Until now, individual countries have paid their own way with the Pentagon announcing late last month that the U.S. military had spent $11.4 million during the search.



Plane manufacturer Boeing and and engine maker Rolls-Royce “also have a vested interest in understanding what happened to MH370 so they can be confident about the quality of their product or take remedial action if there was some part of the aircraft that contributed to this accident,” Truss added.



He said that "increasing involvement" would be sought from the firms and their host countries in the weeks ahead.



Source here - NBC News


  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^. Maybe we can pass the hat around here at TVF. There's a few punters on here, they've never flown an aircraft, but they seem to have the answers. Some of those guys are so smart, the must have millions of lazy $$$$ laying about the house.

Then there's the TV admin guys with their 6 figure pay packets they could throw a bit of coin in. At this rate we could afford to drain the ocean and walk down and pick the pieces up. Problem solved.

I can just see the headlines now, "MH370 located by a forum of drunks, misfits and knowitalls". :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flight MH370 Families: We Have No Faith in Missing Jet Probe

Almost 350 family members of passengers aboard missing Flight MH370 demanded raw data be released for independent analysis amid questions about how the investigation has been conducted.

In an open letter sent to the leaders of Malaysia, China and Australia on Thursday, the relatives questioned how authorities could be certain the Boeing 777 had crashed into the Indian Ocean after vanishing without a trace two months ago. No wreckage has been found.

“Due to the lack of physical evidence that MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean, the families are in urgent need for the conclusion, based on [british satellite communications firm] Inmarsat data analysis, that the aircraft’s flight ended in that ocean to be reconsidered to confirm its accuracy,” they wrote.

In a letter titled "A PLEA FROM THE FAMILIES OF MH370," the relatives argued the data analysis “only indicates a probable southern flight path” and does not “support a definitive conclusion that no other flight path was possible."

They added: "We feel that it is necessary that the data be subject to independent third-party review. It is our hope that with out of box thinking, the whole world can help to look for the plane."

The group is calling itself "The Cry for Truth: Voice370" and says it has the "sole intention of finding MH370 and our loved ones."

More here - nbcnews

Link to post
Share on other sites

Missing flight MH370: Live updates as experts look again at satellite and radar data

The data from satellites and radars was examined, first giving a huge arc that stretched from Kazakhstan all the way down to the southern Indian Ocean

The team of experts looking again at data relating to the missing flight will need at least a fortnight to go back over it, according to NBC News.

The Joint Agency Coordination Centre leading the search said once that task is finished, the team will make recommendations on the next phase of the search, including how the hunt should progress under water.

Those looking at the data include the UK's Air Accident Investigation Branch.

Source - mirror.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Veteran TV interviewer Larry King slams CNN over 'absurd' coverage of disappearance of Flight MH370

The 80-year-old said: "I am glad I am not on CNN now with this missing plane. It was a great news story and then it went absurd."

Veteran US TV host Larry King has slammed CNN’s “absurd” coverage of the disappearance of Flight MH370.

The 80-year-old hit out at his former employer in an interview with the Capital New York website.

King said: “I miss being live, which I did all my life and I miss the big story, though I will tell you, I am glad I am not on CNN now with this missing plane.

“Because that has been turned into the most absurd news story.

“It was a great news story and then it went absurd.”

CNN has covered the story extensively since the Malaysia Airlines plane went missing en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur on March 8 with 239 people on board.

A recent CNN report said the Malaysian authorities “have nothing to show” from the exhaustive search that has so far covered more than 4.6 million square kilometres of the Indian Ocean.

More here - Mirror.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Veteran TV interviewer Larry King slams CNN over 'absurd' coverage of disappearance of Flight MH370

The 80-year-old said: "I am glad I am not on CNN now with this missing plane. It was a great news story and then it went absurd."

Veteran US TV host Larry King has slammed CNNs absurd coverage of the disappearance of Flight MH370.

The 80-year-old hit out at his former employer in an interview with the Capital New York website.

King said: I miss being live, which I did all my life and I miss the big story, though I will tell you, I am glad I am not on CNN now with this missing plane.

Because that has been turned into the most absurd news story.

It was a great news story and then it went absurd.

CNN has covered the story extensively since the Malaysia Airlines plane went missing en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur on March 8 with 239 people on board.

A recent CNN report said the Malaysian authorities have nothing to show from the exhaustive search that has so far covered more than 4.6 million square kilometres of the Indian Ocean.

More here - Mirror.co.uk

I find it absurd that people in kings industry look at everything as just a 'story'.

Watching the run of the mill 'reporting' of the incident has left me with an ongoing nauseous feeling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...