Fat Belly Nickname

Bmouthboyo

Interesting question, Heard it 1000 times and knew it means something like chubby and sure it is not impolite.

But never investigated.

From thai-language.com:

ปุ้มปุ้ย (pum pui)

[a polite way of saying] [is] fat; chubby

ปุ้ม pum [is] rather round-shaped
ปุ้ย pui [is] chubby-cheeked

(sorry, I can not supply an English style transcription)

• 1 month later...

Fat Pig I believe! lol

หมู อ้วน mu uan (mŏo ûan)

and that is NOT polite biggrin.png

Are you sure it's not ok? Some girl that I chat to quite a bit and that definitely likes me called it me and told me what it meant when I asked (she didn't have to). She says wives call it their husbands affectionately and it's a sign of closeness or something. Needless to say I wasn't best impressed but in the context of what she said - expressing a desire to be with me - it did seem like she was trying to be sweet rather than insulting. She got upset by my displeasure. She never says anything but kind things so it would seem out of character to be completely rude like that.

Fat Pig I believe! lol

หมู อ้วน mu uan (mŏo ûan)

and that is NOT polite biggrin.png

Are you sure it's not ok? Some girl that I chat to quite a bit and that definitely likes me called it me and told me what it meant when I asked (she didn't have to). She says wives call it their husbands affectionately and it's a sign of closeness or something. Needless to say I wasn't best impressed but in the context of what she said - expressing a desire to be with me - it did seem like she was trying to be sweet rather than insulting. She got upset by my displeasure. She never says anything but kind things so it would seem out of character to be completely rude like that.

I don't know for หมู อ้วน ( never heard ), but อ้วน, that I hear almost every day, doesn't seem unpolite to me